utd
Years ago

Ibekwe will sign with United

he Nigerian forward headed back to Australia, Will sign later this week according to sportando

Topic #37527 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I won't believe it until Boti confirms another player has signed.

Reply #538242 | Report this post

*Boti smirks to himself, twirls his moustache and makes a mental note of another one he "got right"*

Reply #538245 | Report this post

Jonno  
Years ago

Will be a great signing and good fit for United if true.

They needed someone to play some defense in the front court.

Reply #538248 | Report this post

utd  
Years ago

PG - Holt/Tomlison
SG - Goulding/Odigie ? only 3 points left for last signing
SF - Blanchfield/Barlow
PF - Kickert/Majok
C - Ibekwe/Patton

Reply #538249 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Once again United look good... on paper

Reply #538250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Difference now is they have a real coach.

Reply #538258 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Geez, with every siging around the league, I worry that bit more about who the 6ers are bringing in. This is a pretty big pickup imo, was stud buy the time the season finished!

Reply #538285 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Games aren't won on paper.

That said, this United team looks more balanced from a team chemistry perspective than the last couple of years' talented but undisciplined mobs.

Reply #538305 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Definitely a better balanced team. They need a good PG though, and while I think Holt is talented, I don't think he's much of a creator for others

Reply #538326 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When are Melb Utd going to sign an import?

Reply #538334 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Odds on United not hating each other and the coach this year?

Reply #538343 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

great pick up. very foul prone but last season he was coming off an injury and hadn't played in some time. we may not have even seen his best basketball yet.

Reply #538361 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Impressive line up and if Holt is capable of facilitating this team they certainly look the goods. Interior D and rebounding were almost non existent last season and Ibekwe and to a lessor extent Blanchfield will help address those deficiencies.

Ibekwe had to share a bit of the paint last year because Vukona and Wesley both also working down low.

Kickert, Blanchfield, Goulding and Holt will certainly spread the floor leaving him with all the paint and single coverage to show his stuff.

I dislike United and took great pleasure watching them throw in the towel last season but I have to admit I feel this roster will have a lot to say at the pointy end of this season.

Reply #538362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has anyone seen much of Majok?

Is Ibekwe the right fit with the other 3 guys in the frontcourt?

I wanted them to sign Ibekwe but this was before they got Majok. Just wondering if these skill sets will complement each other.

Reply #538542 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754