RMQ
Years ago

Marcus Thornton signs with Sydney

http://redsarmy.com/2015/07/21/marcus-thornton-is-heading-to-australia/

Marcus Thornton (the new one), the William & Mary point guard selected by the Celtics with the 45th overall pick, is reportedly headed to Australia to join an as yet undisclosed team.

Topic #37528 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Sydney apparently.

Reply #538253 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Thanks for another thread on him.

Reply #538262 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

You are welcome - I did a text search for Thornton on the main page and found nothing. So while it may be discussed in other threads, there isn't another thread on him.

Reply #538264 | Report this post

*rext

Reply #538270 | Report this post

daneo  
Years ago

Thorton or Thornton? Maybe your text search was misspelt

Reply #538273 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Both.

Reply #538274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice imports coming NBL's way!

Reply #538280 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thunderjam dont be a dick, its not a biggy!

Reply #538282 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

You are welcome - I did a text search for Thornton on the main page and found nothing. So while it may be discussed in other threads, there isn't another thread on him.
"Sydney Kings to sign Celtics 2nd round pick?"

Reply #538283 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

So anyways, how do people think this guy is going to go? Kings look pretty decent too me. This guy has to be a upgrade on last years point guard

Reply #538286 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Looks like a good signing. The James Ennis effect continues in the NBL. With some great imports coming in, I cant help but worry what bargain basement dropkick the 6ers will hitch their hopes on.

Reply #538288 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Probably one who'll help them to the playoffs, if the past two years are anything to go by.

Reply #538290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Big signing from Sydney. Be interesting to see how the chemistry fits with Childress and Khazzouh.

Sydney are looking good so far!

Reply #538291 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

Apparently the 36ers are looking at Kyle Fogg as their import according to some rumours on twitter

Reply #538293 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he looked very bad in summer league

Reply #538306 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Updated the thread title.

Reply #538313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is rumoured to sign, sorry.

Reply #538319 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

wait the thread title said that he's signed with sydney, but I thought that every thing was just rumours right now

Reply #538322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kings jut sent an email confirming the signing.

http://www.sydneykings.com/article/id/5oao1k5q8pks190qa4bze4yi8

Reply #538327 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Awesome. It's the year for the Fro.

Reply #538368 | Report this post

Silverfox  
Years ago

Sydney looks good on paper, I reckon if they can sign R carter and D corletto Kings will be the team to look for.

Reply #538391 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Corletto has signed in the UK. Carter would be a decent pick up, but he would kind of negate the need for Jason Cadee.

Reply #538392 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I certainly don't think they need BOTH of them... Carter is ok, I just, dunno...

Whoever they sign to back Childress up, HOPEFULLY *knocks on wood* won't need to play much, and with Jules and the Thornton signing, hopefully some of the scoring responsibility will be relieved from Chill's shoulders so we can get another role player that might just go out and attack the boards (something that was a huge negative when Chill was off the court last season) and/or a defensive stopper I think would be a big boost to our depth...

Reply #538397 | Report this post

silverfox  
Years ago

Cadee is inconsistent maybe more court time, with a good the outside game that can open the door for inside game.

Reply #538459 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:27 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754