Anonymous
Years ago

Makeup of boomers in the future?

Was just thinking the other day and was wondering how long before the boomers will field players mainly from African American descent (sons of former imports etc) and Sudanese descent?
With Exum and Simmons walk up starts depending on nba commitments and the talent of top flight players mainly of sudanese heritage, will the balance swing from European descent to African descent.

Topic #37540 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry for using the word descent so much.

Reply #538452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, you are saying that the Boomers will move from a predominantly Anglo-Saxon and European, fair haired and blue eyed team oriented and highly structured outfit focused on defence to that of a high-five plam slappin', slam dunkin' and hip hop loving, free flowing and exciting transition scoring 'catch us if you can' kind of team?

Cool!

Reply #538457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lmao at the comment above. Why does the makeup matter

Reply #538463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exum never starts a game over Delly.

Reply #538471 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Wow, the return of the little balls. I haven't seen one of those in a long time.

Reply #538474 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

It probably will turn a bit like that, yes. Despite Thon Maker's shaky involvement in Australian hoops we have many great Sudanese-Australian prospects and we seem to have atleast one on each of our junior representative teams.

As for the 'import sons' phenomena, we do not know if many of them are that good yet. Dante and Ben, yes, but are Bolden and Pinder of the same standard? It's hard to tell.

It wouldn't surprise me if we field a Boomers team in 2020 that is half Afican-American-Australian and Sudanese-Australian, but just on numbers alone it is likely the Anglo Australians will always make up a fair proportion of the team.

While we are on the subject, is that Mathiang kid who played the Uni games a shot?

Reply #538481 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The boomers will continue to select the players that will give them the best chance at winning a medal.

Reply #538483 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

To tell you the truth I stopped posting once the lure of the little ball disappeared. Now I see its resurgence, I might post more =)

Reply #538501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

2020 Olympics squad

humphries
thon maker
simmons
mcdowell white
exum

Acuil
matur maker
bolden
adel
mading
deng gak
Delly

This team can definitely win a medal

Reply #538535 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

After 2020 maybe?

Exum/White
Adel/drmic/1 of vasljevic or krebs
Simmons/bolden/1 of mcveigh or Clark
Maker/Gak
Humphries/1 of mathiang, Malone, perry or landale(all need development)

Reply #538538 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have been allocating the little balls occasionally (need to make them balls again...) but often after a thread has died down. Maybe you kids just haven't been entertaining enough? ;)

Reply #538567 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

SVD, the fun really stopped when the leader board disappeared.

Isaac, bring back the leader board!

Reply #538600 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bairstow getting no time at all in Chicago, not even D League can't be helping his chances for Rio

Reply #560937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

17-21 y.o
Exum/McDowell white
Adel/Vasljevic/glover
Simmons/bolden/mcveigh
T.maker/Gak
Humphries/1of perry, landale or Malone

Reply #560965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon^, seriously how speculative do you want to be? Some great kids there but way, way too early to be nominating them as future Boomers.

Reply #560970 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:06 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754