Jim Bert
Years ago

Adams rules himself out of Olympic qualifiers

With the absence of so many stars, compounded by the significant ticket prices, I really can't justify going to the game at Rod Laver Arena. It's a shame, but BA have just priced this series too high given neither team will be at full strength.

_/_/_/

"Due to scheduling conflicts over the coming months and Steven's focus on being ready for the start of the 2015-16 regular season, Steven would not have been able to join the national team until very late in their tour," explained Adams' management, Wasserman Media Group.

“Because he does not think it is the right thing to join the team so late in the process he will not be participating with the New Zealand national team in the Oceania series.

“While he won't he playing this year, Steven remains very keen to be part of the team in future competitions,” the statement said.

Topic #37579 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

NZ without Adams, Pledger, Penney and Tai Webster. Aussies firm favourites now, not that the Kiwis will be worried about being underdogs.

Reply #539363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So watch it on Tv.

Reply #539366 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Aussies were going to be firm favourites even if NZ had all of their team, but it is a shame that this is likely going to be an absolute humiliation for the Tall Blacks. I think it is poor form on Adams behalf not to play. He made the final call in this, when it comes down to it.

Reply #539376 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not too many teams humiliate NZ, and the Aussies aren't exactly a top class team at the moment, there's not a heap of proven international talent in their line-up.

Reply #539378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adams was never going to play - everyone just assumed he was

Reply #539380 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

No point adams risking an injury in a nothing game. NZ are going to get smashed!

Reply #539386 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

I'm not convinced that we will ever see Adams play for NZ.

Reply #539402 | Report this post

Some_fulla  
Years ago

Very disappointed.. It's two games FFS

Reply #539408 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

"I'm not convinced that we will ever see Adams play for NZ."

Fair call but he has always said he will at some stage when the timing is right so I have no reason to doubt him.

I think it wasn't his call to make.
OKC have a new coach in Donovan and Adams has more competition for minutes with Kanter.
Lets face it, it's title or bust for OKC with Durant's free agency looming.
Presti & Donovan prob didn't want to take ANY risks with their personel, this season especially.

Reply #539480 | Report this post

Any truth that Adams was also seen at Splendour in the Grass, eating it all?

Reply #539502 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

The Boomers always have a much better team on paper than the TBs but its rarely a pounding.

I'd like to see the Aussies comfortably take care of business in both games, but they're going to have to play some good basketball to do it.

Reply #539503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame no Adams, he's a star

I wonder if Bogut will play limited role for Boomers as to prevent any injury etc ? Would be crap if he starts, plays a few mins and then waves to the crowd, and just high 5's the rest of the game out from the pine

Reply #539744 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:11 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754