Anonymous
Years ago

Gage Daye scores 70 in Waratah semi

I saw import Gage Daye who has been averaging 40ppg in Div 1 Warratah league scored 70 in his last outing. Has anyone seen this guy play? Is he legit or is the league really bad? He has NBA D-league on his bio, could he be a good cheap Sixers import?

Topic #37588 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haven't seen the guy play yet but will get to this weekend. Scoring 70 in any game is big, but as far as the standard of the league goes....it's not high. Some country towns like Wagga can bring in an import with a job offer etc, but generally you're just looking at local guys. There's at least 1 ex NBL player running around (Jeff Dowdell). The Sydney teams are mainly older guys who are past Waratah Championship players or guys who were never quite up to that level. It's well below the standard of Waratah Championship. Some good skills there but nowhere near the pace. Light years away from SEABL and NBL standard
I'll let you know next week after watching him play if he could make the step up

Reply #539477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Several teams from Wednesday night local comp would beat our region's team that is in that comp. Very very low standard so it's hard to judge Daye's talent level accurately.

Reply #539487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scoring 70 is good in any comp.

He is good player and would do well in Championship or big v. Not sure on SEABL level until seen him shad it better opp

Reply #539516 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waratah league.... 'nuff said

Reply #539536 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This guy led Div 2 in scoring senior year can flat out score could easily play SEABL

Reply #539742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.foxsportspulse.com/team_info.cgi?action=PSTATS&pID=199568235&client=1-4878-133150-338955-21797409

thats some big numbers on regular basis :/

Reply #539746 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

First impressions from yesterday. Not very big! He's got good handles and gets to the rim at will and a decent jumpshot. My question mark would be on his ability to guard his guy. Got blown by several times while I was watching and his opposition weren't superstars.
His team are in the Grand Final today so I'll have another look

Reply #540711 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oh...he did have 41 in the semi so scoring is definitely a strong point

Reply #540712 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:07 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754