Anonymous
Years ago

Jordair Jett signs with the Crocs

He has put it on Indtagram overnight - signed with the Crocs to reunite with his former Billikens team mate, Brisn Conklin

Topic #37603 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

2013/14 highlights video:

Reply #539971 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Solid build for a PG. Anyone know what he was up to in 14-15? Don't see any info on him since graduating.

Reply #539974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe he took the year off - got a job etc
Looks like he gets to the rim and finishes real easy - good pickup if fit and healthy

Reply #539986 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

Maybe he took a year off to work on his 3pt %!!! 19% last season in college.

Reply #539989 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

Looks great at getting to the rim, great handles and high energy type guy. Some great talent in the league this year. Crocs Kings will be fun "Battle of the Dreadlocks"

Reply #539990 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Yeah, was just going to say... Athleticism does count for something, but a lot of the time import guards struggle in this league it's when they don't have an outside shot. Just makes it too easy to back off them and take away the drive.

Reply #540004 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Don't have a strong opinion on his game, but by golly he has a brilliant name. 'Jordair'? The parents must have gone back and forth between that and 'Airjord'. Couple that with 'Jett' and it's great for headline writers and TV commentators alike.

Reply #540006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Was he a team mate of Cody Ellis?

Reply #540008 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think he was injured last season?

Reply #540012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No seriously what was he upto las2season??? That could be an immediate red flag for me!

Reply #540015 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

AngusH lack of outside shot could be an issue, especially when you look at the other players on the team. The other three guards are either serviceable or inexperienced nbl guards.

Steindl is the only potential elite shooter but can be very streaky.

Steindl 38%
Norton 31%
Henry 30%
Djeric 28%
Maynard 33%
Jett 18%

I expect the bigs wont have a lot of room to move in the key. Hopefully Dennis has them shooting hundreds of threes a day in practice.

Reply #540016 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Scouting report will read (& i watched 2 mins of the highlight reel) - sag off him & make him shoot. Can get to the rack off both hands! Then i read your comment 'aussieballer' - 19% 3 point shooter. This guy might struggle in NBL unless he works on his range!

Reply #540027 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only red flag for this guy is his outside shot.

Reply #540030 | Report this post

kr  
Years ago

should be fun to watch on D too. check out this block

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3ZPjlz6IQ0

Reply #540033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i dont see how he and Norton can play together

Reply #540039 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he likes going left! :)
Coolest name in the league though.

Reply #540052 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Lack of outside shooting is huge, but then again, when we had all those amazing shooters Dennis never leveraged it.

Reply #540107 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

PGs need to be either elite finishers or outside shooters. As long as he can finish in the NBL he will be fine...personally.

It's more about the opportunity cost of not having another shooter out there and the ease of scouting a Shawn Dennis offense that isn't difficult to scout in the first place. He would be a perfect point guard to initiate a drive and kick offense with lots of shooters (eg. leading last year's roster), but we only have one (steindl).

And also...as said above by anon...him and Norton cannot play together. It's a duplication of skills, and neither will be able to play off the ball.

What happened to the big combo guard we were getting? Or better yet, why not just start Norton at the 1 and get a legit import two? I prefer Djeric at PG anyway: it means he isn't looking to shoot his awful shot, and he actually is a crafty passer when he isn't focused on jacking up shots.

Norton started practically the whole season last year. Markovic came off the bench. When are they going to give this kid the keys?

Reply #540112 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't Boti say the Crocs other import was going to be McKenzie Moore?

Hasn't been a good offseason for Boti.

Reply #540117 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Maynard a Point or a 2? From what I can see Townsville will lack shooting which has traditionally been a strength for them.

Think Djeric needs to step up this year.

Reply #540120 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

It was bound to be a terrible offseason the second Blanchfield walked, but to lose one of the best wing players in the league and replace him with....no one....now we only have one legit wing player on the whole team in Steindl.

How is this rotation even going to work?

A whole bunch of 6 ft players who can't shoot and who all need the ball to be effective, a whole bunch of bigs who can't shoot, and then... Clint Steindl as your only wing...and I don't even like playing him at the two because he can't pass or handle, so to me his ideal position is 3/4 not 2/3 as Dennis likes to play him.

Norton / Maynard
Jett / Djeric
Steindl / Henry
Conklin / Young
Schenscher / Kay.

That is a glaring, gaping whole at both wing positions right there. It's like a lineup from the 1980s. A whole bunch of bigs and a whole bunch of tiny guys. Not how you win ballgames in 2015. You want as many big perimeter players as you can get. We have none.

Reply #540121 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Mick, doesn't look like the strongest roster around, I agree.

Reply #540132 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Yeah... it's not the strength of the players (Townsville were always going to struggle to recruit top guys with the location and recent on and off-court performance of the club) that bothers me so much as the thought process that went into putting this particular group of players together. There are some good young pieces there but they don't fit together, and the NBL isn't a league where you grow for the future. Not to mention, by bringing in another point guard who can't play off the ball, you are throwing yet another hurdle in front of Mitch Norton's ongoing development. I feel sorry for the kid.

Reply #540142 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did Gladness price himself out? He's 2-3 times the player Schenscher is and this Jett guy doesn't scream potential superstar.

Reply #540146 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's be honest - the team is strapped for cash so whatever is on the floor is going to be a budget team
Maynard has potential and was never given the opportunity in cairns - this import is a risk but not having an outside shot dorsnt mean he's a bust - remember a guy called McClain
He was pretty good at getting to the rim and couldn't hit from 15 ft

Reply #540165 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Hes nothing special. Crocs will have a tough time this year.

Reply #540178 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

I wouldn't be surprised if the crocs finish last this year. I mean all the other teams really got some great talent, and crocs are just here with a guy who snubbed Cedric Jackson and Josh Childress for the MVP award. No offence to King Conk, he's great and all, but he can't carry a team.

Reply #540242 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

If all the other teams rolled out the same lineups as last year I'd maybe give the Crocs a shot of being better than expected, but there's been a surge in talent this offseason (on paper, anyway) with mediocre squads like Wollongong/Sydney/Melbourne seeming to have boosted their lineups from last season, and Perth/Cairns/NZ don't seem likely to significantly weaken - although Cairns have a chance to drop given they just lost a stud PG to the NBA.

Reply #540279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he will be better than people think
Was rated as one of the top defensive point guards
And is an elite level passer - not athletic enough for Nba but will hold his own at the Nbl level I think
Not sure why he wasn't active last year on any rosters and that would be the only mystery - perhaps injured etc
There is a YouTube clip of him in early 2015 draining threes - so perhaps he spent a year working on his shooting

Reply #540317 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:26 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754