Angry Fan
Years ago

Fan Survey for Champions League Basketball

I just completed the Fan Survey on the new Champions League Basketball competition. They've posted it on their Facebook page.

It's good to see they're are listening to what basketball fans actually want and not just delivering a sub-par product that we don't like.

I am surprised the new NBL didn't do something simar, because I am one annoyed Melbourne United member who doesn't know how I am going to go taking my kids to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday games each week.

Wish I got asked my opinion first before they "told me" that's what I wanted.

Anyway, here's the link to their survey....

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/CLBfanssurvey

Topic #37605 | Report this topic

Train  
Years ago

Great to see this sort of engagement with fans.
I really like the idea of 3 point dunks.

Reply #539993 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Yeah I agree they even followed me on twitter, which while I know that they did that just to get me interested, I still really enjoyed that they did that. Would love 3 point dunks, but don't like the quater points thing, because then comebacks don't matter as much

Reply #539996 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Yeah im not a big fan of the quarter points either or the 4 pointers. Would much prefer bonus championship points being awarded for breaking 100 points a game and shooting fouls resulting in 1 FT + possession.

Reply #539998 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

not just delivering a sub-par product that we don't like
CLB site says it's not happening until mid-2017, two years away. They haven't delivered a product at all at this point.

Surveys are trivial. Balancing responses is hard.

I looked at the survey, saw that the prize involved playing golf and not basketball and left the page.

Reply #540010 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I am one annoyed Melbourne United member who doesn't know how I am going to go taking my kids to Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday games each week.

Wish I got asked my opinion first before they "told me" that's what I wanted.
So basically your only available nights are Monday and Tuesday, and you're complaining they didn't schedule games then? Or are you actually not free any night, and you just didn't mention them because there are no games scheduled?

I looked at the survey, saw that the prize involved playing golf and not basketball and left the page.
Second prize is a game of one-on-one with Jason Smith, to be fair.

None of the prizes interested me in the slightest, but I still filled it out. Just left no contact details, so I won't win.

Reply #540036 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

koberulz, reminds me of basketball teams promoting footy tipping competitions. The AFL don't push basketball tipping competitions.

Reply #540045 | Report this post

LC  
Years ago

"I looked at the survey, saw that the prize involved playing golf and not basketball and left the page."

I think this is a little short-sighted to be honest.

While they have not yet delivered anything, the fact that they are trying to identify what the fans want before they implement the new competition is a good approach I would have thought. This is an opportunity to provide your feedback,

Reply #540048 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

I just opened the survey. Its not great.

For example i can disagree, or moderately or strongly agree with an initiative. I cannot strongly disagree, or be neutral. That just sets up a yes vote they spew out in a press release.

The pricing questions should have been asked as a scale type question.

This is a little bit "domestic" when it needs to be NBA. This group is going to be judged on its professionalism, its slickness, its "getting things ticked off" approach. Poorly presented stuff like this won't help.

I have no problem with the prizes, because it is a game of golf with an NBA player and that would be something a club would offer at an auction for a fund raiser

Reply #540058 | Report this post

There is no option to leave things the way they are so they need to be careful how they choose to interpret the results.

Reply #540059 | Report this post

I was replying to LC there.

Reply #540060 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

And I finished the survey, Isaac can have the game of golf if I win it!

Reply #540061 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

All the gimmicky rules they are asking about are garbage and wont leave them much higher in the eyes of basketball fans than the Harlem Globetrotters.

Doing a survey on surveymonkey.com is also pretty unprofessional in my opinion.

I know they want to be viewed as the "Big Bash League" of Australian basketball but it is coming more off as the "Big Bush League" of Australian basketball

Reply #540066 | Report this post

Angry Fan  
Years ago

Well I just saw the NBL Fixture and Melbourne Utd have home games on Wednesday, Thursday and Friday nights. 2 are school nights and with domestic games / rep training etc. Friday nights...rep ball. No wonder get to see more SEABL and Big V games as they are on Saturday nights & Sundays...

Reply #540152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

wrong fred

Reply #540155 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone think that the CLB has a chance?

Reply #540156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Don't even think it will see tip-off personally.

It sounds like a ruder version of High Stakes Hoops.

Reply #540171 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

EOI are out there and at this stage it's a goer. If it happens I will believe it, until then who knows.

Reply #540217 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance, gimmicky rubbish. I haven't even clicked it but 3 pt dunk? Might appeal to 10 year olds. Dear oh dear

Reply #540232 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Not a fan of all the gimmicks. You either accept the game and like basketball, or you don't.

Reply #540358 | Report this post

Social Superstar  
Years ago

i agree, not a fan of the whole concept to be honest. the gimmicks and all.
how good would it be tho if it was an actual champions league, you know NBL, NZNBL, SEABL and some asian teams too. I know that probably couldnt work cos of players commitments to other teams in those leagues and loosin imports to play for more money in the offseason but hey, if they can suggest 3 point dunks, what dont we jus play crack baby basketball from southpark.
CLB will only damage basketball in this country, no good what so ever will come of it.

Reply #540363 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I have no problems with gimmicky rule additions. This league probably wont be for basketball purists, but so what? We have plenty of leagues to follow. This league could appeal to a group that the NBL doesn't. It is at least worth a shot. If it fails spectacularly then it wont be so bad provided the NBL actually does improve as promised.

Reply #540762 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:01 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754