ASternWarning
Years ago

NBL.tv Closure - Official

NBL.TV (Perform) has informed subscribers that the jig is up and they are shutting down the service. Subscribers to get their money back.

https://twitter.com/ASternWarning/status/626966961994403840

Now let's see what happens next.

Topic #37612 | Report this topic

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

welp...

Reply #540344 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

On one hand I'm happy that terrible service provider is gone. On the other I have no idea if I'm owed money or not and didn't receive that email.

Reply #540352 | Report this post

Haz  
Years ago

Glad it's gone, but will there be a replacement service? That's the issue!

Reply #540354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With LK's direction it sounds like I'll be watching games on periscope this season if people will be kind enough shoot games on their phones.

Reply #540359 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I gave up on attempting to watch games live, but I appreciated being able to watch the replays of away games the following day - I'd just avoid the score.

Very, very disappointed if there's no replacement in mind.

Reply #540365 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL.TV had its problems, but I found it quite useful. If they don't get FTA, I'm hoping there's some sort of streaming rather than Fox only.

Reply #540372 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Totally agree with the non-live comments... It was a crappy technology, and I had no chance to watch a high quality when it was live, but to avoid scores for a couple of hours and then watch once the game is done and family are all in bed, it was pretty good...

Reply #540377 | Report this post

Sean  
Years ago

I think we took NBL.tv for granted. Despite the quality at least we got to watch every game.

Reply #540381 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

It's being replaced by a TV deal.

Reply #540389 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Despite the quality issues I enjoyed having the option to watch every game live. I really hope that either most games will be on Fox or the NBL have another live streaming option.

Reply #540398 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GWB, no it isn't. Don't believe anything ATF says.

Reply #540406 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would ATF lie?

Reply #540409 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe because he wants people to believe he knows something when he really doesn't? Maybe hes just that desperate for attention, who knows? Look at how actual little information he posted. It was the old "I know something and you don't, Im special" post without saying anything at all.

All we know is that NBL.TV has ceased operating. Maybe it's because their contract with the league has finished, or maybe there is some mystical deal out there somewhere, but I don't believe that some dude posting on a blog has any particular insight or understanding of whats going on with confidential negotiations between the NBL and anyone else.

Reply #540414 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

I was thinking the money for my subscription might be gone. I last paid on May 1. I have received the email indicating I will receive a pro rata refund so definitely feeling better about it. I expect even though the season has not been on since then that I would get 75% back.

Reply #540420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now it's all over happy to say I watched the last season for free via iPad and iPhone. As long as you didn't update the app when asked the login credentials were already plugged in so you weren't required to login like on computer and could watch all games as normal.

Just one of the many flaws but will be missed if we don't get to see all games in future.

Reply #540421 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I think ATF has quite a bit of insider info. Pretty close contacts at the Hawks and with Spenceley in tight with LK I think he may he would know more than the average NBL fan.

Reply #540424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

ATF has Hawks insider info for sure but as per the anons above if you read his facebook post he doesn't actually say anything at all.

He made it sound like it's about to be announced any second. We all know a TV deal is imminent.

Reply #540429 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

In reading this e-mail it is made abundantly clear that the e-mail comes from Perform Media... It feels like they believe they own the naming rights to nbl.tv so maybe we are getting an whole new revamped streaming service and I sure hope that is the case

Reply #540431 | Report this post

No need to single ATF out. Everyone who becomes a "scoop" journo starts to say things that have no basis, repeating rumours as fact, so they can keep their page hits up.

Reply #540435 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

If livebasketball.tv can get rights to stream the televised coverage, it would be useful when overseas.

Reply #540447 | Report this post

Betty Leadfoot  
Years ago

Not intersted in foxtel or any of it's alternatives because the price is too high INMHO. FTA and a streaming service (at the right price)is my prefered option. The best trifecta wopuld be all three services but can't see this happening.

nbl.tv worked for me and was great when away from home (Try 200km away from the nearest town on a mining site with a Telstra tower). I was happy to pay the price for the service I got.

Of course it could have been way better and this is what I would like to see from any new offering. At least these new people should be able to understand what is required.

Reply #540591 | Report this post

Betty Leadfoot  
Years ago

wopuld = would

damn typo

Reply #540593 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

So "100 Day Plan" is on track then???

Reply #540814 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Money reimbursed to bank account.

Reply #542284 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:05 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754