Anonymous
Years ago

NBL website wish list

Mobile and tablet friendly.
Faster video loading.
A great online store. Current one is the worst and so amateur!
Stats that actually link to player profiles.
Advance stats.

Any other ideas?

Topic #37618 | Report this topic

Hardwood Hero  
Years ago

Obviously they'll have forums. Maybe replays of last weeks games (If they don't do a new NBL TV set up).

Reply #540545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I remember the NBL site had a forum once. What happened to that??

Reply #540547 | Report this post

I don't think an official league website will/should have a forum.

Reply #540548 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

My wishlist
-Proper highlights that actually show slam dunks
-Extensive player info, which includes where and when they played professionally, when they where born, their height, weight, number, position, stats and a photo of them. Also a proper info that actually says who they are
- better version of NBL.TV
- Proper STATS, and where the stats are you can actually see a photo of the player! thats not even hard to do!
- A descent site that is interesting to look at

Reply #540549 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

-Oh and I forget, they need a weekly recap show that they post on youtube but you can watch on the NBL site. This show should recap each game while showing highlights of it and telling you everything important about it e.g Josh childress scored 50 points.
-Also each week they should post a top 5 plays video. This should keep things fun and exciting
-Finally do what the NBA does and post heaps of different highlight videos like Kirk Penney explodes for 3 threes or Casey Prather posterises Lucas Walker. (If those things ever happen ;)
- All of those things should be posted to youtube!!! This way they can be seen easier by the general public

Reply #540550 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

A basic request from me:
Being able to see match scores on the front page.

Reply #540564 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Plays of the week

Get a sponsor for the following:
* Play of the week/year
* Dunk of the week/year
* Three pointer of the week/year
* Defensive play or steal of the week/year

Keep the Rookie of the round/week/year going

Reply #540568 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Hopefully some more Youtube content as well such as highlights and maybe a player spotlight or something. Also a new version of "It Goes off" that had Gazey and Grantly Bernard.

Reply #540587 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

Video that is short and snappy. Not 5 minute replays of games that are mostly crowd shots and video of the team warming up and/or shaking hands afterwards.

Reply #540633 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

recaps of games*

Reply #540634 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

minimum 1 player per team writing a blog for the website that's updated every week and giving us an insight into the thinking behind the wins/losses and the big game coming up from their persepctive.

I wouldn't mind a Celebrities section of HIGH profile members of teams that could help advertise the game and how much they enjoy it.

Stats, stats and more stats... basketball appealed to me as a child as I was fascinated by the stats on the back of my basketball cards and if we can keep everything on the website up to date and readily available then maybe the next youngster with a love of stats can fall hard for the game of basketball... but seriously that really needs a revamp.

Rookie watch on how they have adapted to the league and maybe even something on 6th men around the league that have really impressed

agree with above about highlight packages and game reviews and stories on who is in our league.

Maybe something like "a night out at _" where they take us into each venue that hosts games this season and shows the atmosphere in each in a positive way as very few of us will ever be able to venture to more than 1 or two.

Where are they now look at a former superstar of the league.

Far more in depth detail about our hall of famers... they are great and they deserve to have us knw who they are and include highlight packages of their career(s)

a look into Brisbane, Tasmania, 2nd New Zealand team, Canberra etc. bids into rejoining the league from the perspective of what they have already given us (fans, players etc) and what the town could give us in the future.

More interaction with other basketball websites that cover the league.

that seems fine for now... Can I have a job?

Reply #540645 | Report this post

Juno 74  
Years ago

A top drawer statistics section.

Quality written articles. A news hub for everything NBL.

Reply #540646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fluoro text. That flashes.

Reply #540661 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Oh and throw a kitchen sink in there too somewhere

Reply #540705 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:29 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754