RMQ
Years ago

Lewis Thomas from WOU training with the Wildcats

Was at Wildcats first training session yesterday. COuld he be their 10th man?

Lewis Thomas
AS A JUNIOR (2013-2014)
Started 22 games and appeared in all 30...0.380 field goal percentage…Averaged 6.3 points per game…3.7 rebounds per game…One steal per game….Recorded 29 steals and 27 blocks.
Forward
6-8
220 pounds
Senior in 2014/15

Info from: http://www.wouwolves.com/roster.aspx?path=mbball

Interestingly: His hometown is listed as Perth but he is born in Nottingham, England…Psychology major…Hopes to play basketball professionally.

Photo from training session with wildcats:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t31.0-8/11816109_10153526785954314_5504792517935968753_o.jpg

Topic #37640 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

Apologies Lewis Thomas - Mods please edit title.

Reply #541090 | Report this post

Louis/Lewis Thomas/Thomson/Thompson/Tomaz

Reply #541094 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Louie louie, ohhh baby, we gotta go.. ey ya ya ya ya

Reply #541097 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

They were looking at a guard for the final position so not sure how he fits in being a forward.

He sounds like he has ties in Perth so maybe he is just one of the training squad or potential development player.

Reply #541099 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

I agree that there were talks of a back up point guard.

But if Greenwood can run that position they could sign another forward. This guys looks like a big 3 and D type player

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-AiztRTE7aw

Reply #541101 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

He is definitely a Perth lad, played for WA state teams, probably get a development spot if eligible.

Reply #541102 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Maybe too old at 23.

Looks like he could play NBL.

Reply #541107 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Judging from his video, he does look fairly handy. You could probably put him in at 10th man and be just fine. He might even surprise like Tom Jervis did.

Reply #541111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shame he stunk up the D League in his two outings.

Reply #541112 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

^Who did he suit up with in the D-League.

I'd compare him to Oscar Forman maybe? A Stretch four?

Definitely think he would be serviceable. Might be a good pick up for Hawks/Crocs?

Reply #541113 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

I am all for getting a local forward instead of a back up guard with our guard rotation able to look something like:

PG - Martin/Greenwood/Beal
SG - Beal/Greenwood/Prather

But I think I would prefer Ellis over Thomas if we go that way.

Reply #541114 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Why Ellis? just coz of the name factor?

I don't really care for the whole "local" player thing. I just want the best players. If they aren't from WA who cares?

Reply #541115 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

I'd also prefer Ellis, although I dont know how he would fit in the rotation with Redhage and Wagstaff.

Has Ellis not signed with any team yet ?

Reply #541116 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Doesn't look like Ellis was at training. You would think if the cats were interested he would be there?

Reply #541119 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Ellis because he has a better outside shot, has NBL experience and I think more versatile in the line up.

And yeah why not because of his name and because he is local? It's the 10th roster position so why not use it for some good karma. People always moan when some eastern state player comes in when there are young guys in the SBL who could fill the role just as well. How many minutes did Luke Martin even play last season?

Rotation wise he would be same as Thomas, falling behind Wagstaff and Redhage, except able to play minutes at 3 in big line ups where as I am not sure Thomas could, havnt seen him play in a while so maybe wrong there.

Reply #541122 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

"I'd compare him to Oscar Forman maybe? A Stretch four?"

3pt FG% regular season 29/94 .309%

Conference play 13/51 .255%

So yeah........Nah not really.

7 pts a game in a pretty crappy conference with an even crappier NC schedule not anything to write home about either.

Reply #541123 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Comparing him to forman in the style of play you can expect.

A guy can play like Kobe Bryant, but not be anywhere as good as kobe bryant.

Reply #541125 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

If he cant nail 3's He can't be a Forman style of player. Well unless you are saying he has FA inside game and is a shite defender.

Reply #541129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That sounds like a pretty good description of Ellis then. A Forman who can't hit the 3. Add to that not as quick or athletic either.

Reply #541139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why dont the Wildcats sign Trian Illiadis or Gavin Field for the 10th roster spot. Both of these players are better than both Lewis Thomas and Cody Ellis.

Cody is a great offensive player but plays ZERO defense and is not a good rebounder for his size. Thomas is probably a step down from Ellis.

Reply #541150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They should've signed Bennie lewis

Reply #541156 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

I suppose we'll have to wait and see, but it strikes me as a little weird.
If chosen, their starting 5 is going to be: 1, 2, 2/3, 4, 4/5
and their bench will be : 1/2, 3/4, 4, 4, 5.

Keep in mind that your bench is also your first lifeline when injuries happen. It's very hard to find decent replacements for your locals during the season.

I have no way of knowing, but it's possible he's just a local joining the training squad.

Reply #541265 | Report this post

Skull  
Years ago

I agree with Anonymous why not go for a wild card like bennie lewis in your 10th man spot he has more pros than cons and is able to turn a game when the coach has exhausted all his options.I feel this Wildcats team is going to need that unknown ace in the whole like a Martin Catalini to at least get them into the finals.

Reply #541905 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

38% field goal percentage. Will fit right in the NBL

Reply #541911 | Report this post

Skull  
Years ago

Lewis sbl stats yes our lowley sbl but still
PPG 30.1
RPG 5.5
APG 3.9
FG% 44.6
FT% 83.1
10th man material?

Reply #541917 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:03 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754