Tom
Years ago

Upshaw to United?

I heard somewhere that the Lakers want to stash Robert Upshaw overseas next season. Would be a perfect fit for United at centre. I don't think Ibekwe will be there. Also heard that they're waiting out for a certain import guard and Stephen Holt is their backup option, hence the wait on the announcement.

Topic #37644 | Report this topic

Josh  
Years ago

who would this certain guard be ? hint please ? ;)

personally i wouldnt want somone like upshaw, just with all his history of off the court issues and issues with drugs, i dont really want somone like that, espicilay after the attitudes of the players last year, id just rather take a high character 'good guy' instead

talent wise yes tho

Reply #541211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure how Lakers could stash him. They didn't draft him and signed him as a free agent. He either has to play on the roster of 15 or they waive him which makes him a free agent. They don't hold his draft rights

Reply #541230 | Report this post

Lol @ Tom

Reply #541236 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

^Anon is right. The Lakers couldn't (realistically) "stash" Upshaw. He could be assigned to the D-League, but not sign with an NBL club.

Reply #541239 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

If an NBA club says to a player we want you to go and play for X this year and then come back to our D-League/Summer League team I think most prospects would follow that path.

Reply #541240 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:33 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754