Anonymous
Years ago

Will Mcdowell White 2016 NBA Draft

Wow, does anyone think this is a serious possibility?

A great read here:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/questnews/east/william-mcdowell-white-could-be-headed-for-the-2016-nba-draft-after-interest-from-scouts/story-fni9r20i-1227316856692?sv=a2824419f45eaf7430a576167147b1e8

Topic #37661 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP, this is old news and NCAA rules don't allow players to go into the NBA without at least 1 year at college since Dante went.

Reply #541762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think he'll end up going to Louisville.
Froling aswell..

Reply #541763 | Report this post

Alpha  
Years ago

They can't go to college in the year they graduate, which means every HS graduate from Australia qualifies in the following year, so Will could potentially end up in the draft.

For this reason some American kids now opt out to play professionally overseas for a year instead of going to college and then declare themselves available for the draft. So a year of college is not mandatory and not every athlete clears NCAA requirements, which are now even more stringent than before.

Reply #541768 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

You have to be turning 19 and be a "year" removed from HS, so yeah most Aussies will qualify direct from high school because they seem to allow that the fact our guys graduate in the previous calendar year satisfies that qualification.

Reply #541770 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Is Joey Wright in player management now? What is he fielding questions about WMW for? I don't recall hearing that he ever coached him?

Reply #541771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone think he has a chance at being drafted in the 2016 NBA Draft then?

Reply #541772 | Report this post

Naph  
Years ago

@#541762 It's the NBA that sets the minimum age. The NCAA just enjoys the benefits of getting some NBA-ready kids for a year as a result.

Reply #541774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He has no chance of making nba in 2016 imo.
Dantes progression should show why.

You either play pro ball for a year like Mudiay in China or someone else in Europe or you go to college for at least a year like simmons.

Reply #541777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Age restrictions make him ineligible until the 2017 draft, but this is just some weird propaganda to push him to the NBA. The kid is definitely not ready

Reply #541778 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think age limit should be 20 even if you're dumb enough to still be in high school just make it 20 at least college will benefit

Reply #541795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

get real lol, he's way off why do people want these kids to run before they can even walk

Reply #541798 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mudiay didn't play in the NCAA. Its an NBA rule, not a college rule.

You can apply for the draft a year after you graduate from high school.

Reply #541799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is an old story that has been discussed here before, a beat up by Brisbane Spartans pre SEABL season.

Based on his efforts at the world championships he needs to go to college for a couple of years to sharpen his game up, in particular his outside shot.

By the way the Older smaller brother(Daryl) has just committed to Fresno.

Reply #541805 | Report this post

Choppy Galopy  
Years ago

No. I'm sure he has enjoyed SEABL, it's a tough comp and good experience against big bodies.

Reply #541816 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wish we could combine Will's skills and athleticism with DJ's tenacity and will to win at all costs. That would be a player!

Reply #542273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DJs tenacity?
Hes a sucky defender...

Awesome shooter...
but 6'2 is very small for and sg at the next level.

Reply #542283 | Report this post

sircreate  
Years ago

Just a clarification

Will McDowell White isnt eligible for the 2016 draft because he's too young, not to mention he wouldnt get drafted even if he was old enough. One of the main reason's Exum got drafted so high was besides his elite physical measurements, he was showcased in several international tournaments, something White won't get since he wasnt even a starter for the u19 team. Might not get invited to the Hoop summit either.

If Isaac Humphries for instance goes ahead with reclassifying to the 2015 class and plays NCAA ball with Kentucky the coming season still can't declare till after his sophmore season because he's too young, and White is a few months younger then him I think.

While I think if he works hard the kid could potentially make the NBA, its still a long road to go before it could happen. I think he's stated he wants to go the College route, so hopefully he picks a high profile school that can teach him properly.

Reply #542291 | Report this post

Luke Bourke  
Years ago

He is getting big looks at the Adidas Nations at the moment I've heard.

Reply #542722 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:12 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754