Isaac
Years ago

NBL GM: There will be a Brisbane team in 2016/17

There's a very real risk of this becoming even more of a running joke, but let's given them the benefit of the doubt (again).

One way or another, by hook or by crook, there will be a Brisbane team in 2016-17...
More at Downtown

Topic #37668 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard this one before. The NBL GM, the former NBL GM and the NBL GM before them walk into a pub...

Reply #541835 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Won't believe it until I see it...

Reply #541837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ciao Gibbo and Wright! Great news for the league in many ways.

Reply #541838 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Waiting since 2011. Not holding my breath

Reply #541844 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

WAIT. Are we sure we have that date right? Its not 3016-3016 season? Cause its doable by then. They will have a new purpose built stadium by then.

Reply #541845 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Great for the league, just hope Joey and Gibbo stay in blue long after this season.

Reply #541849 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Is the new NBL named Dave Javu by any chance?

Reply #541850 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I really don't see the wisdom of strong statements like this, given what's already failed to occur with the new Brisbane franchise.
Is it really a good message to send, that we're happy to push a half-baked organisation into the league no matter what? I wouldn't have thought it gives the bidders maximum incentive to get all their ducks in a row.

Reply #541853 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

NBL needs a Brisbane and a second Melbourne team.

Need to do it asap, especially Brisbane.

Reply #541881 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Dan, might be saying it to motivate TV things?

Reply #541896 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

@ Sixers fan... they are sure to be in blue next season... if Bullets come back in anything other than blue and yellow then there will be something wrong!

Reply #542090 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

The NBL has made some strong statements of late, but when they talk about Brisbane I roll my eyes and tune out.

I will believe it when I see it. I'd like to know how they are going to side step the arena dilemma they've been having. If the same problems still haven't been resolved, this is just another fart in the wind.

NBL, please get back to talking about the things you are actually doing.

Reply #542091 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

same old same old , where will they play ? , who will run the franchise ? , who will be coach ? ..........yawn.

Reply #542092 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think there is a ensuing arena dilemma, it was more an excuse of the previous admin for dropping the ball, but I agree with the rest - will believe it when I see it.

Reply #542096 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I don't think there is a ensuing arena dilemma, it was more an excuse of the previous admin for dropping the ball, but I agree with the rest - will believe it when I see it.

Reply #542097 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rubbish we need Brisbane! Those sooks aren't interested & wouldn't draw the same crowds as Cairns.

Reply #542115 | Report this post

Todd  
Years ago

TV rights.

Reply #542122 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:39 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754