Anonymous
Years ago

Frankston sacks DOC

Frankston sack their DOC. They say its a restructure, more like rearranging the chairs on the Titanic!They will need that bigger stadium to hide all their skeletons! Jolly good times at Franga!

Topic #37672 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this the same person who decided to assistant coach NBL rather than, you know, do their job?

Reply #541937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wasn't the only sacking at Franga this week. Word is a women's player was released. What the hell is going on down there.

Reply #541950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The snipers who were wrecking Frankston and got run out of town just can't help themselves. Maybe they should try to do something positive for their new homes instead and stop posting rubbish.

Reply #541969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ #969 the OP says the Frankston DOC was sacked (forgetting the rest of the post), are you saying that's rubbish, ie that it is not true?

Reply #541974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Women's player 100% sacked. How is that sniping.

Reply #541981 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who is/was the DOC?

Reply #541988 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which player sacked?

Reply #541992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kate gaze

Reply #541993 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rob gaze

Reply #541996 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did they need to make room for Carly to play?

Reply #541997 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

DOC was never the same after the car accident. Tragic thing to happen to a great talent.

Reply #541998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DOC different to their Head of Basketball Operations.

DOC woefully out of his depth. That appointment was made by the previous Head of Basketball Operations.

They have certainly cleaned house this week - some issues with one family in particular not willing to be part of the direction.

Reply #541999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke. How did the current HBO get the job ? Was it advertised ?

Reply #542005 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mijovic thing was an absolute disgrace. Players and coach told they had to add players to be competitive. How do you reckon that went.

Reply #542006 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HBO was an Internal Promotion.

SEABL men impacted by very small budget, SEABL women not much better. YL Men played for ZERO points this season. Juniors aren't as good as once upon a time.

They keep talking about the new stadium, hosting Opals, US College teams. How about you stick to your core business which is VJBL, YL and SEABL?

Reply #542010 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

good move if they replace Kate gaze with a real WNBL player

Reply #542015 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#015 putting your hand up for a roster spot are you? Sadly teams don't usually recruit from D grade men's comps.

Reply #542016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Gaze" effect would only last so long

Reply #542025 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The place is actually embarrassing now

Reply #542042 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic at Funkytown tonight. Last home game of the season. The CEO didn't attend. The HBO didn't attend. Apparently the HBO is travelling with Nebraska. Kate Gaze plays the women win by 15.
Men played hearts out as well. Surely the CEO and HBO are at the last home game.
What an absolute basket case.

Reply #542061 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why do they want a 2000 seat stadium when they only had 200 there tonight. Govt and council should put the $ to the hospital.

Reply #542078 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

HBO internal promotion. What a joke. Surely you still need to meet the criteria. High performance manager mentioned in his title as well.

Reply #542080 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#061 are you saying Kate did play, or if she played they would've won by 15? Why would the HBO be travelling with the Nebraska team? On whose dime???

Reply #542093 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Kate didn't play but if she did they would have beat us.

Reply #542111 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard she still came and sat on the bench to support her teammates #champion

Reply #542143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As a former SEABL parent, I wonder if these "snipers" referred to are the same people who ran a successful and respected club for over 20 years?? It has been going down hill since 2010. The management have no respect for players, parents, life members. Sort of strange when the main guy causing all these issues is the son of a life member!

Reply #542253 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

has Kate Gaze signed with a WNBL side yet?

Reply #542256 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder who from Frankston spoke to the local paper and reported on the ladies game against Nebraska. No mention of their own players dominating but trying to justify Mijovic playing. They just don't get it.

Reply #542262 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thes Melbourne club threads are pure entertainment..if it's been going down hill since 2010 that's 5 years hence maybe why they are getting rid of the status quo. It easy to come on here and make vague blanket derogatory statements. If it took 5 years to destroy it won't be fixed in 5 weeks. You don't just fire people for no reason. If you don't know the reason then frankston are actually doing a good job of not spreading negative information about such parties. IE see Knox fiasco You don't get rid of Gaze unless there is a problem if he/she is an employee they have rights.. How many of you actually bring your suggestions and criticisms to their front office? You have every right to complain if your informed and are trying to facilitate a positive change but if you are not then your just part of the problem. I say frankston is going down hill because no one wants to be a part of something that gets trashed so frequently. So if you honestly want your club to get better why would you bad mouth it on a public forums which is counter productive. This is actually a tactic rival clubs use to hurt their competition. So maybe that's what this is .. Lol we've already lost Knox why do we want to destroy another club

Reply #542270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When dandenong plays China or St. Mary's they let players from other clubs play also. It's a common practice to keep your players from getting hurt in season or make up numbers but to also provide excelled talent so these colleges keep coming back to play and recruit our juniors. When is the last time Frankston even had a college team play there? Great extra revenue and good opp for their juniors. See the bigger picture people.

Reply #542272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How late can a SEABL team sign a new player? Mijovic played for Waverly in state champ div this season. Or was she just playing for the exhibition.

Reply #542274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is what happens when kissing cousins get too close up there in the hills where no one sees

Reply #542277 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lets deal with the facts:
1.SEABL Men last
2.SEABL Women 2nd last
3.Youth Men Points debacle
4.Only one team in VC
5.Constant turn over of staff both office and operational.
6.Unable to achieve funding for new stadium.
7.Basic amenities are poor (change rooms and toilets)
8.Lack of focus on their core business resulting in a disconnect with their membership.
9.Lack of strategic direction at board level.

Reply #542281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hear youth women is being pulled out as well???

Reply #542295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mijovic only played the practise game.

Reply #542304 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thought I'd share some light after being contacted about this woeful, agenda based thread with no content and harshly vicious attack on a club obviously going through a restructure.

Let me first consult as I have nothing to personally do with Frankston and no involvement - Lets address the facts first;

Lets deal with the facts:
1.SEABL Men last
(correct, very poor recruiting from coach, unlucky with Hodgson injury and band aid solution with second import)

2.SEABL Women 2nd last
(Correct, Coach has no idea, runs basic under 10 offence and does not utilise the skills of Garrick and Bowen at all - Should be replaced and has no idea CLEAR LACK OF COACHING ABILITY)

3.Youth Men Points debacle (Should be left to management, critical to get right if serious about junior pathway and SEABL feeder)

4.Only one team in VC (Place has been embarrassing for 5+ years, give the DOC and CEO a chance to mend. Takes 5 years to build a good foundation and another 2-3 years to keep what you develop, Not CEO or DOC fault, they are attempting to fix it)

5.Constant turn over of staff both office and operational.(Good - any new restructure requires change. Lets see if the dead wood is replaced with quality to take a step forward)

6.Unable to achieve funding for new stadium. (Is this the truth? How do you know? Do you work for council?)

7.Basic amenities are poor (change rooms and toilets)(Agree, obvious plans in re development to fix it)

8.Lack of focus on their core business resulting in a disconnect with their membership. (Disagree, obviously the ones being cleaned out are struggling to deal with new direction and accountability they add no value, typical corporate restructure behaviour)

9.Lack of strategic direction at board level.(Disagree - Refer to point 8. If you don't support the board or have faith do something about it, nominate yourself or someone else)

Reply #542307 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More facts from #281
10. CEO, HBO and committee member on fully funded tour of US hoping to gather info re new stadium??
11. They charge their own junior teams $200 to use their own BBQ to fund raise!
12. CEO picks men's team, not coach

and the list goes on.

Reply #542308 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now some advice for the arm chair experts.

Nathan Jolly is a respected past SEABL and Frankston player, passionate about Frankston Basketball and does have some basketball subject matter expertise. He's been in the job for 5 minutes and clearly has made action hiring staff who he thinks can support the direction and interest of the basketball Association. (Isn't that the job of CEO)? Isn't he the boss and decides who he wants and why?

Steve Blackley - Another past Frankston and SEABL player. Passionate about basketball, has more contacts and networks than anyone on here and has proven player history and Junior Coaching credentials? (Not sure how anyone can dispute that)

Summary - Seems to me the Frankston Association gets a pretty raw deal from some agenda based, aggressive non educated not qualified embarrassing and pathetic individuals. If you're not involved, not part of management team suggest we all focus on the positives for Basketball in Victoria, the sport in general and more importantly the innocent kids who want a club to play with.

Agree SEABL men aren't much good, Women are decent and coached extremely poorly. Juniors have been going backwards for 8-10+ years. Give Jolly a go and move on.....get a life, get some qualifications or more importantly learn to coach and go help them out.

Both this and the above post comes from a non member, and person who has nothing to do with Frankston Basketball at all - Just want to see all associations support the development of sport.

The politicians need to move on.

Reply #542309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jolly's been their 5 years, not 5 mins!

Reply #542311 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see them doing some research for new stadium.

Good to See Jolly has a hand in Men's SEABL team, will evaluate next seasons team and see if he and the DOC knows what they are doing

If people are dumb enough to pay $200 for a BBQ when you can buy and supply your own for $99 (who's the dummy.

Simple bull#$%^ points you're trying to push that have no relevance to improving the state of basketball and helping Frankston association.

Move on with your agenda - either speak to Jolly and Blackley face to Face or man up with your identity and see how many followers you have. Weak, cowardly keyboard heroism.

Reply #542312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes takes 5 years to get rid on peasants.. Demonstrates Jolly doesn't make irrational decisions.

I'm sure he's got the place and people all worked out by now. Hopefully he continues to bring in skills like Blackley, gets more Opals games, plays more college games and puts a great junior and senior representative program together for Frankston and the peninsula.

Rebuilds take time, especially if the previous hierarchy have been there a long period of time. I'll judge senior program over next 2 years and junior over next 5.

Reply #542313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how one of these anon's attacks the other for being vicious and agenda-driven, and says everyone should be positive or get out..... and then pots the women's coach. Credibility, zero.

Oh and trying to defend charging 200 bucks to hire a BBQ is laughable.

Reply #542315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Interesting when different posts have the same Ip Address yet seem to have different arguments. Seems someone just wanst to keep the post running ha ha.

Reply #542318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I potted the Frankston SEABL women's coach because I've seen and attended numerous Frankston SEABL Women's games and seen for myself the team has not only under achieved but has been coached extremely poorly, terrible rotations and under 10 offences, precluding the win loss result. This is my opinion.

No different IP address I have typed #542307 #542309 #542312 #542313

I'm being Positive to change, and accountable for my opinion. If I was in charge he would be the first person I would replace, supported by his results and clear lack of coaching ability.

Reply #542321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with #542315 Why attack any of the coaches.
Women no imports, Bowen probably MVP favourite and 2nd leading scorer in league, Garrick only played 7 games and won league MVP last year, yet coach doesn't utilise their skills?? Doesn't make sense. Men's coach recruited poorly - says who?? How much coin do these teams have to work with compared to other SEABL teams?

Reply #542324 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

P.S - I'm not looking for anonymous hoops.com.au credibility.
I get my credibility from my job, my family and my friends. Sincere sympathy you revert to wasting your energy on the keyboard trolling for anonymous credibility votes.

Hopefully if you are the coach, or involved in the vicious attacks your identity is found out and you are moved on too.

Get a life and focus on some positivity and constructive energy.

Reply #542325 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because the SEABL Women's coach is a joke, has absolutely no idea on how to rotate and run offence or defensive sets.
3 out 2 in or 4 out one in motion. FANTASTIC!

Under 8's - 10's stuff. Bowen and Garrick have contributed because they are good, not because of coach.

This is my opinion as a basketball supporter, not the view of anyone else!
Repeat - IF I WAS IN CHARGE HE WOULD BE FIRST TO GO.

Reply #542328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its irrelevant whether there a past player or a good guy. Its about getting the job done and achieving outcomes. If you cant deliver, get somebody who can. Three years with very little to show for it.

Reply #542332 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL Men issues stem from a lack of SEABL level local talent and budget constraints. The roster was put together by the previous Head of Basketball Ops - now Melbourne United assistant coach. That's what he was there for. Why do people think the previous Head Coach resigned? No control over personnel decisions.

Reply #542344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Get a life and focus on some positivity and constructive energy."

Says the guy who in all his posts is negative and anonymously attacks a coach. What a hypocrite.

Reply #542347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The bottom line here is that CEO has been there for 5 years. Give one example of how the club is stronger?

Reply #542349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Do you think Carlton are hypocrites too for getting rid of Malthouse?

Frankston SEABL Womens Coach is a dud - That's my opinion.

Simple as that.

Reply #542356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From BIG V and don`t know a whole lot about the SEABl comp, didn`t Franksotn women make the prelim finals last year?

Reply #542363 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Did the coach cut you?

Reply #542366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's see if the Frankston SEABL Women's Coach is there next year.
We can come back to this forum and discuss as anonymous CEO and GM's of our own computers.

Reply #542374 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Jolly really been there for 5 years? Would've thought closer to 3?

Reply #542418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iif the women had off been in other group, they would have been in finals with their win/loss ratio. The word is that he has done a great job, with no imports and Maddie only playing 7 games because of opals/uni games commitments,
'Kelly Bowen has thrived under his coaching, and has again been picked up by a WNBL team. Not sure what you have been watching, but seems like a personal vendetta to me.

Reply #542470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Iif the women had off been in other group, they would have been in finals with their win/loss ratio. The word is that he has done a great job, with no imports and Maddie only playing 7 games because of opals/uni games commitments,
'Kelly Bowen has thrived under his coaching, and has again been picked up by a WNBL team. Not sure what you have been watching, but seems like a personal vendetta to me.

Reply #542471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Steve Matthews a class act.

Old school structure. but positive and gets his group to play tough, together and with confidence

purely a victim of the conference structure.

Reply #542473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The women would have been in the finals with their win/loss ration if in the other section. The majority think they have done exceptionally well, with no imports, and Maddie only playing seven games due to opal/uni games commitments.
Kelly has been picked up by Adelaide in WNBL team & has thrived the last two seasons.
I think above poster has some sort of personal vendetta, as he obviously has no idea

Reply #542474 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, keeps duplicating posts for some reason

Reply #542475 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should I consider joining as a junior coach? There are a lot of issues at hand here and what's more it seems to be coming internally. I get with change you have disgruntled people and they will fire off on here or to whoever will listen but I they come to realise that in the end it doesn't help move the game or club forward, if you feel you have something of substance then bring it forward so the committee or whoever can assess its value.
Are you as an individual bigger than the club? I would hope you don't think you are. Again there will always be teething problems but in the end why do you coach or why are you at the club? No doubt because of your children or you were involved previously as a player perhaps. It's a tough gig to turn the ship around and take it another direction especially when you know if you get it wrong they will come for you. The $200 hire of the BBQ is massively unfair and wrong of a club to do this, has anyone brought it to the club that it's wrong?
Anyway I will watch with baited breath as I wish to come and coach juniors there and be imersed in the culture of a club driving for success as best as they can together, you will always have differing opinions when you have so many people at one club, you do have 3 options, support it, suck it up and be quiet or leave.

Reply #542478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well said #478. The bbq hire has been questioned and the answer was that the &200 compensates for the loss of revenue for the canteen which has staff paid by the club running it. I think you'll find most of the posters here that are bagging Frankston are no longer there. They're talking about a 'once successful club'that to my knowledge has had 2 VC titles in 30 years, not sure what their definition of success is?
The current regime clearly believe the club can have legitimate success and are trying to create an environment where this will happen.

Reply #542505 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Decent size club and have senior teams at a level that decent ballers will aspire as opposed to local BIG V teams. If they get the right people in place and have good junior coaches that will teach the game the right way they will be fine.

Reply #542511 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:56 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754