Isaac
Years ago

Boomers beat Lithuania

Boxscore

Australia won against the previously unbeaten Lithuanians, recording a 109-96 victory. Saville fired up for 31 points, 6 boards and 6 steals, CJ Bruton continued his good form with 25 and 6 assists, and Mark Worthington had 15 points. Jacob Holmes played 35 minutes for 11 points and 7 rebounds (game high yet again), while Oscar Forman got on for only 38 seconds, but no stats.

Fantastic turnaround after the dodgy Angola result.

You can view a video of Goorjian at the press conference here.

Topic #3768 | Report this topic

40th Street Black  
Years ago

Does every Lithianian player on that team sound like a sneeze or what!!??

Very big win against the European powerhouse.

Whats going on over there?

Lose to Angola but beat Lithuania!

Did they eat some bad dim sims before the Angola game?

Ni Ho Ma!!

Reply #43960 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Jacob started as well

Reply #43968 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

9 of his points from threes!

Reply #43969 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I love how its the BS Cup.

With a team we like we have it certainly is.

Reply #43973 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

They didn't have much choice in losing to Angola, th officals pulled the game.

I watched the fight between China and Rico, it wasn't too bad, it looked more like a rolling rugby scrum, and it still didn't come close to the Pistons / Pacers rumble in the Palace. I think some of the Chinese players had been watching too much of Isaac's kung fu movies.

Reply #43987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I talked to Oscar about the fight last night. He said that they (Boomers) were warming up nearby when a PR player started elbowing China's "next Yao" (Oscar said he was "awesome" and definitely NBA bound -- he's only 18 and 7'). Anyway, punches were thrown and connected, benches cleared and then 50 water bottles from the crowd came flying in. The PR group backed off, one using a chair to fend off blows.

The brawl moved to where the Boomers were stretching and at one point, the Boomers were all that was separating it. Lots of aggressive talk and swearing and so on from China and Rico. Then it was back on for young and old, but this time it was more than just fists. Oscar said that his water bottle got taken and used as a projectile. Also, that one of the PR players borrowed Luke Martin's crutch to take in as a weapon. Another player tried to take in a news camera tripod as a weapon, but the cameraman wouldn't let go of it. He said that those involved were grabbing anything that could be used as a weapon.

I asked him about the court when they played Angola and he said that Boomers were sliding/falling over also, but luckily no injuries.

Reply #43989 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Damn, I guess I would believe first hand evidence before I believe any thing I see come from any media source. Sounds like a lot more fun then the media portrayed.

I wonder how much damage would a fully loaded water bottle projectile do to someone's head....

Reply #43995 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

By the way. Lithuanian team were probably less experienced than the Aussie team. ie not a single member of the Sydney Olympic Team let alone European Champions team members played in China.
Still good to see the Aussies win the game but let's keep things in perspective.

Reply #44103 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

or Athens Litho team

Reply #44104 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:14 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754