Anonymous
Years ago

Andrew Bogut on the NBL

Good read:
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-08-14/andrew-bogut-open-to-farewell-season-in-nbl/6696928

Topic #37708 | Report this topic

I cringe when I hear or see anything Bogut has said.

Reply #543085 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why?

Reply #543087 | Report this post

Because he says a lot without actually saying anything of substance. He is an opinionated bogan.

Reply #543090 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you hate one of our own?

Reply #543091 | Report this post

Huh?

Reply #543092 | Report this post

Matt  
Years ago

At least he is willing to have an opinion on issues unlike many professional athletes these days who just say the politically correct line.

It would be a good get for Bogut to finish his career in Aus no doubt he would make a great signing for the new Melbourne NBL team in a couple of years.

Reply #543094 | Report this post

True, but saying un-PC things for the sake of it doesn't do much for me either.

Reply #543095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It isn't always about you super mario spaghetti head!

Reply #543096 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Chalmers, I am not sure what is so unrealistic about what Bogut said. I like the fact that he speaks with an opinion. I may not always agree with him, but I know he isn't going to skirt around difficult issues with a bunch of PC niceties.

Reply #543098 | Report this post

I cringe too with Bogut. Pretty harmless in this instance though so no worries. I am all for people saying what they really think. That's refreshing. It's just unfortunate that the most prominent Aussie basketballer thinks like a doofus most of the time.

Reply #543099 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

At least he finally admitted as to why he never played in the NBL during the lock out

Reply #543101 | Report this post

I thought the insurance reason was made common knowledge at the time.

Reply #543102 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

The reason given in that article is exactly the same reason that was given back in 2011.

Reply #543103 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti had a chat to him today.

He said he doesn't understand why the Oceania series isn't a 3 game series.

I couldn't agree more

Reply #543107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was just thinking that a two game series where if tied 1-1 goes to points differential.

This might sound crazy but what about a three game series to decide the winner. Surely one extra game isn't going to throw everyone's offseason plans out too much.

Reply #543108 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ yep agree

Reply #543111 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

It used to be three games but the Euros at FIBA wanted it their way.

Reply #543113 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ridiculous

Reply #543115 | Report this post

lose  
Years ago

Bogut sure is loyal. Kinda reminds me of a dog.

Reply #543117 | Report this post

Bogut  
Years ago

*im an opinionated wog. Not Bogan......

Reply #543118 | Report this post

Same thing, usually.

Reply #543124 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Good bad or ugly I always find myself interested in what Bogut has too say. Most of the time he takes the mundane element out of it, which is refreshing.

Reply #543149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His level of cringe is up there with Hewitt, Tomic, kyriogs, goodes, akkermannis. I would say he is just in the top 10 out of a stacked competition of outspoken australian athletes.

Reply #543153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Man...

Kyrgios is a massive tool. Him and Tomic are a bunch of morons!

Reply #543154 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Thanks Dawn.

Reply #543158 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Paul thats funny, but surely you have to agree, him and his sad older brother are not a good for Aussie Tennis.

Reply #543160 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I'm not that quick to judge. Hewitt was once despised but became a hugely respected sportsman.

Reply #543169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hewitt told and opponent someone fucked his missus how many times though?

Reply #543173 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Hewitt whined and came across annoying. This guy is a a different level, real arrogant rude type. If your mic'd up be smarter, and his brother needs to shut the hell up and get out of his brothers limelight.

Reply #543177 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tomic and the other one have not achieved anything real to be this cocky though. It is the the disease in Australian sport (read basketball) : Godification based on so called potential.

Reply #543178 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Hewitt was crucified and then turned it around. I'll wait to see what these guys do before I judge them.

Personally I see it as pretty childish when people feel the need to criticise the personalities of public figures, dragging others down to make ourselves feel better, just like we did in the school yard.

Reply #543180 | Report this post

AussiePride  
Years ago

3 games would be great for the Oceania Series but obviously one team would have a home advantage which I don't think either side would be OK with. This is why they use the same method in soccer for the big championships.

Reply #543188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with others we don't have a good recent track record of producing non-dickhead tennis players. Hewitt was embarrassing early but he finally started to mature with age so there is hope for Kyrgios & Tomic yet.

Reply #543195 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is it racist to boo Kyrgios?

Reply #543197 | Report this post

^197 must be Bogut himself.

Reply #543203 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good guess you absolute spud of a human

Reply #543206 | Report this post

Yolo  
Years ago

Bogut is the money behind the CBL

Reply #543211 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

lol Yolo what are you on?

Reply #543212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What's the CBL?

Reply #543227 | Report this post

So why did Bogut share his opinion on Kyrgios while talking about the NBL? How is that relevant??

I'll share an opinion; it is Wawrinka's fault this whole Kyrgios sledge blew up. He should have returned serve with (and close enough to the court mic) "righto champ, well I've heard your Mum likes freeways, well that's what my mates Rog and Thanasi told me after both paid her a visit"

Game over.

(Yes another irrelevant post :-))

Reply #543240 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Freeways? I like freeways too they help with traffic congestion :)

Reply #543242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does a thread about any aussie in the nba turn to shit

Reply #543247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"How does a thread about any aussie in the nba turn to shit"

How does every thread on this site turn to shit

FTFY

Reply #543257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty much a whole bunch of know it alls that always post and that mixed with jealousy pretty much. Seems to be the Aussie way. Sad people.

Reply #543258 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754