Anonymous
Years ago

'Sour Grapes' from Woodville

Once again the Woodville men's team has taked tips from their women's team about there attitude after a game.
I have never seen a more appauling reaction to the game than what I saw last night by the coaching staff from Woodville. They need to accept the decision by the score table and the officials. I even heard a high ranking Woodville person go one about a "travel on the last play", a "foul on the last play" and the fact that the same two referees were involved in a close game last time they played.
You guys are clutching at straws and if you do not change your attitute before next week, Sturt will blow you out of the final race.
GET OVER IT!!!!

Topic #3773 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

The woodville girls battle on regardless and comments like this are not only mischevious but condesending. Basketball is after all only a game - get a life

Reply #43970 | Report this post

Freddy  
Years ago

When is this woodville team not sour grapes?

Especially the assistant coach, i think he should win the 'BASA Tool Of The Year Award'

Reply #43978 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

When you win or lose by 1 point, there is really nothing in the game. Any little dispute you can contest, could have changed the outcome. There is no excuse for bad attitude & behaviour after a game, but it really is difficult to accept defeat by 1 point when there is question marks over some of the calls.

Reply #43983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'women's team about there attitude after a game'

men are on their own with attitude the women are good.

the men do leave a lot to be desired
not the first time this has been brought to the front

bad losers def not a pretty sight at all

Reply #43986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Very interesting....I recall only a few weeks ago the term "sour grapes" coming from the Woodville camp.

No doubt it is very hard to cop a loss by 1 point, particularly in the finals. However, it is a little hard to have much sympathy for Woodville when there was a lot of gloating coming from their team when the situation was reversed!

Reply #43990 | Report this post

Green Train  
Years ago

anon, we have got over it. we'll come out and beat sturt next week and then right the wrongs from last nite and get our ship!! and u no that the eagles were lucky to get that as everyone in that stadium did last night. but thats ok, well that it on the chin, the young blokes will learn from it and come back better for the experiance. so watch out. the GREEN TRIAN is still steaming along. and as for freddy your comment bout the coach. yeah thats a fair one.

Reply #43994 | Report this post

Close game  
Years ago

I don't think woodville can blame anyone but themselves....when you don't score a point in the last 4.5 minutes of a close game you can't really expect to win.

What a game!

Reply #43998 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

Anonymous, having lost 2 games in like 5 weeks to the Eagles by a point on controversial decisions is a major blow. Do you know of any basketball team that would take it well? It is human nature...and there was no passing of blame in the change rooms post game, it was positive and the boys are ready for next week. So before you shoot your mouth off take a minute to get your facts straight.

Reply #44004 | Report this post

FLY  
Years ago

Yeah it was only a final! Nothing big! I wasn't even at the game but I've since heard supporters from both teams question a lot of calls. Think about it anon #3773, if this was your team that got reffed out of winning a final, how do you think the coach would react?

Go Woodville

Reply #44012 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

clubs and teams are judged on how they react in adverse situations

some clubs and coaches can do it with dignity

woodville men this season seem to abuse first then cast no blame in
the change rooms

as a club you are being looked upon as role models - change room reflections don't show to the spectators from your club or from other clubs

sadly this season the behaviour of senior coaching staff has not been dignified in clutch situations.

however, you want to varnish it yes they lost, yes they lost in tight situations but do it with dignity don't take the club down with you

Reply #44014 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

wat a the eagles coach didnt walk out onto the court at a time out to give the ref's a serve?? remember that. there's no difference at all between those

Reply #44018 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

controversy in finals, its great for the competition!

even bigger stakes if the grand final is a re-match!

we will find out if this "desision" is either positive or negative for the warriors.

will darren have the last laugh next saturday night?

what a mouth watering prospect, should be a big crowd.

i know i'll be there covering the match, all the details will be available this time next week.

Reply #44025 | Report this post

The Journo  
Years ago

ohh, i forgot the Forman factor!

Reply #44026 | Report this post

(#44014)

"woodville men this season seem to abuse first then cast no blame in
the change rooms"

How the hell do you know what was said in the changerooms? Really.

Reply #44030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

quoting Sir Spark ELG

'It is human nature...and there was no passing of blame in the change rooms post game, it was positive and the boys are ready for next week. "

Reply #44034 | Report this post

Well, those three lines certinaly proved me wrong! Shut your mouth if you weren't in the actual changerooms please. I mean really

Reply #44037 | Report this post

what the  
Years ago

warriors should be about making amends for last season.

They will go close - it must be very dissapointing to lose 2 close games to the same team.

if they show bad character - what goes around will come around - life has a way of balancing out.

Last year too much pressure - winning all season, vera's passing, big names in team - evryone expecting to win, - really on GF day only the big yank performed to any usual standard.

And Jacob was running hot.

If there is some discreditable individual behaviours - we know who you are - and I hardly doubt these people will change their personas after all these years.

learn from your loss and move on.

still in with a chance

Reply #44039 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

Take Luck- that was the only time during the game that the Forestville coach was heard. I was in the tavern and could here the Woodville coaching staff question many calls and walk out of the coaching zone.
Forestville shouldnt have let it become that close after being up by a fair amount at the end of the 1st quarter. But, Woodville should have won it at the end if it wasnt for a bad baseline play.
But in the end thats life and basketball.

Reply #44499 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

what the?

ahat amends do woodville need to make for last season?

losing the grand final after the key man to the team (whitmore) was ruled out with an injury...and holmes just unstoppable?

Reply #44524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

well done on forestville for handling this loss with dignity unlike their opposition on the last two previous games

Reply #46039 | Report this post

SIr Spark  
Years ago

anonymous, there was no contriversial call to win this one, and no one ever loses a GF without dignity, If woodies did lose last night, they would have been gracious in defeat

Reply #46040 | Report this post

Undersized Pf  
Years ago

RE: (#46039)

dont worry spark, every club has these types.

warrior pride!!

Reply #46083 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:29 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754