Lance_Uppercut
Years ago

Games 2 Boomers v Tall Blacks

Watch Game 2 of the Boomers v Tall Blacks at 5.30pm AEST via FIBA's YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnxYgk6-pcU

Live stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/151/16/15/22/19SW5dc1CEpT2/

Topic #37737 | Report this topic

Beantown  
Years ago

Anyone know if the game will stay up on youtube afterwards? I don't get home from work until 7pm CST, so games in NZ are always a problem!

Reply #544109 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

The replay from the women's game last night was up at around 10pm Sydney time.

Reply #544111 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

This might be a stupid question, but would BA have to pay Sky Sports for the rights to show the game live on youtube ?

Reply #544134 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Not sure. But talk that Bogut might not play due to his back.

Reply #544136 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is a warmup to get the fans used to the entire NBL season TV blackout. #LKfail

Reply #544197 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"This is a warmup to get the fans used to the entire NBL season TV blackout. #LKfail"

Ah yeah, he has majorly failed. The poor guys trying to turn the pile of shit he was given into roast chicken and you say hes failed because it isn't on prime time 2 months into his tenure?

Reply #544208 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Train - Game 1 of the FIBA Oceania Aus vs NZ rated 141,000 viewers for GEM / 9

Compared to the AFL Womens game between Melb & Bulldogs

Broadcast live on national TV on Channel 7 the match attracted 244,000 viewers - with 175,000 of those from Victoria.

Reply #544211 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

GWB why scrap the backup NBL.TV. If no TV deal done then no streaming either. 0 coverage = fail

Reply #544216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

at least KEEP the backup already in place. but nooo /facepalm

Reply #544218 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sev7en promotes the crap out of the women's AFL game while Ni9ne puts the Boomers on GEM with little media interest at all, what the hell do you expect?

Reply #544222 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

From BA article posted today...re: Bogut

"The Australian team has been buoyed by the overnight arrival of newly-crowned NBA Championship-winner, Andrew Bogut who delayed his trip across the ditch to receive treatment on his back. Bogut moved freely during Tuesday's shoot-around, a welcome sight compared to Saturday night when the 30-year-old was clearly uncomfortable.

"He’s fine," Longley told media at the shoot-around. “He looks good this morning.” Asked if Bogut will make in on court, Longley didn’t hold back.

“I expect so, yes. I’d be very surprised if he didn’t.”"

Reply #544237 | Report this post

Ben G  
Years ago

Any chance someone watching the game could give a few updates as I am on a bus for next hour. If there is a site with live stats or play by play that would be handy to know.

Reply #544258 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

I find the people who are most critical about things are the ones who know the least about the issue. The game rated well when all things are considered.

Reply #544261 | Report this post

SVD  
Years ago

Has the stream started yet - it's 5.05pm and no game yet

Reply #544262 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Anyone got the stream working?

Reply #544263 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

youtube link not working but livebasketball.net is

Reply #544264 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/151/16/15/22/19SW5dc1CEpT2/

Reply #544267 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

brian scalabrine

Reply #544268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://firstrowau.eu/watch/363795/1/watch-new-zealand-vs-australia.html

Reply #544269 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What a joke. Pathetic

Reply #544270 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfagbnujGCQ

THIS WORKS

Reply #544272 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^THANKYOU^^^

Reply #544273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

need to go to a different link

youtube.com/watch?v=VfagbnujGCQ

Reply #544274 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Australia up by sivvin at quarter time.

Reply #544277 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

These commentators trying to say Jawai and Vukona are as strong as each other... Vukona may be fitter but he is much easier to move than Nate!

Reply #544278 | Report this post

gwb  
Years ago

Streams are terrible. Australia started well, from what I can tell.

Reply #544279 | Report this post

spider  
Years ago

Are they playing in a tin shed. talk about trying to get some home court advantage

Reply #544280 | Report this post

gwb  
Years ago

I don't see why they couldn't do it in a bigger arena.

Reply #544281 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Is what it is, couldn't even get the stream to work smoothly. Boomer look solid though, didn't see any of the pre games people where freaking out over, but they look well oiled so far. Nice to Bogut finishing with dunks.

Reply #544282 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

" "This is a warmup to get the fans used to the entire NBL season TV blackout. #LKfail" "

"Ah yeah, he has majorly failed. The poor guys trying to turn the pile of shit he was given into roast chicken and you say hes failed because it isn't on prime time 2 months into his tenure?"

If it wasn't for LK we wouldn't even have a league to have no TV deal for. Give the guy some credit

Reply #544283 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Mills with the ridicolous flop. Disgusting.

Reply #544284 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Australia up by sivvin at half time.

Reply #544285 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Mills is a bloody good flopper haha. Should've played the game at Vector Arena.

Reply #544286 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Disgusting... c'mon now, if they didn't call it he wouldn't be flopping. Refs at fault on that call, be disgusted with them not the player surely.

Reply #544287 | Report this post

Jerry Denard Jr  
Years ago

Settle down MADCUB

Yes Mills' reaction was over cooked, however the fact remains the push off was still there, and had to be called.

It goes both ways, the "charge" Vukona took on Broekoff early in the game should have been a "no-call"

Reply #544288 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Every game should be streamed on YouTube like this. Great quality.

Reply #544289 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Boomers look much better overall, but in testament to the Tall Blacks quality they are sticking around.

Bogut with some nice points in the post - surprising. Goulding is lapping up the opportunities he is getting and starting to look comfortable in the green and gold. Jawai with a bit of aggression there, is certainly improving. Mills and Delly are doing what they did in game 1. Offence is flowing better which is good to see.

Reply #544290 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Yes, Mills flopped but Bartlett did foul. It is a part of sport now. The referees cant see everything, and if the foul is there why not sell it? This is war here, not a gentlemanly game of croquet. I put it to you that Vukona isn't the most PC player on the court. Pretty close to Shawn Redhage. Flopping to sell real fouls is a smart thing to do.

Reply #544291 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Sensational start to the 3rd quarter. Bogut showing a bit at both ends.

Reply #544293 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Bit random but anyone know what happened to the Sydney King who looked like Adam Morrison who went off to Europe few years back...

Reply #544294 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

GWB,

Mills' flops are something else though. Vukona just weakens his body/allows to be manhandled to get the foul.

Mills physically contorts his body to go in one direction which is completely opposite to the way it should go.

On that play his head snapped back..what?

Reply #544295 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #544296 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

The thing is Mills did not need to flop. He should have just stood his ground and contested the shot. He actually gave up an unnecessary open look but was bailed out by the refs.

Reply #544297 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

How Bizarre is playing. Clearly a reference to the fact that Newley's haircut is identical to Bogut's when Bogut was playing for the emus.

http://www.theage.com.au/ffxImage/urlpicture_id_1059480552529_2003/08/01/andrew_bogut,0.jpg

Reply #544298 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Sick of the "because your bigger" fouls on Jawai. No way that's a charge. Killer screen though.

Reply #544299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anderson is a BEAST

Reply #544300 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

A Jawai screen might kill someone some day lol. He's had a good game

Reply #544301 | Report this post

Sitiveni  
Years ago

Much better performance from the Aussies. Bogut's better so to Cam Bairstow, even goulding has been aggressive

Reply #544302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Te Rangi copped a little bit of karma on that screen... surely not the only one who thought it!

Reply #544303 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Webster 5/21 for 11 points.
Put it back in the holster mate!

Reply #544304 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Today Boomers played like a team that can back up their talk. Saturday they were unsettled. We are letting them back in a bit, though. We need to put the foot on the throat.

Reply #544305 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Goulding is so smooth. Motum overrated. Just not very mobile is he? Bit one-dimension? You know he is either shooting or going left.

Australia played great.

They finally went through their bigs because thats where the advantage was.

Thats something I think Mills needs to do better..game manage. Aus always had the interior advantage..instead of jacking shots from the outside he should have fed it inside in game 1.

Reply #544306 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Really uncharacteristic of Gibbo to not drive out of a press. Not liking Lemanis coaching these men. Seen them play so much better than this together and individually.

Reply #544307 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

That wasn't even a foul.

Let alone an USF.

Wow.

Lucky its not a two point game.

Reply #544308 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Lol @ Delly trying to square up a 6"8 Tongan.

Delly has the tough guy persona but is probably weak as piss. Can't fault the guys intensity though.

Reply #544309 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Don't think Lemanis ever felt Gliddon really warranted selection and hence chose not to play him?

Reply #544310 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Wow. You have to be kidding me

Reply #544311 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

From 20 down to 5 down with a minute left. Hats off to tall blacks.

Reply #544312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lemanis showing why his a terrible coach.

Reply #544313 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

GWB the score is irrelevant now. A win is a win. They could have won by 30 if they wanted but took the foot off the pedal.

Reply #544314 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Cool hand/head delly...

Reply #544315 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

I think the difference is the great defensive pressure, but they have nothing to lose on offence and now the shots fall

Reply #544316 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Overall it was a good game from the Boomers despite the lay off towards the end.

Everyone seems like they settled into their roles and found their identity. No Aussie had a bad game.

Finally looked like a top tier world team in this game.

Reply #544317 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Delly picked up that tough guy persona in the finals. Always chirping at the refs. Actually being allowed on the floor really got to his head

Reply #544318 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

KingJames,

The game is a 40 minute game.

At the end of 40 minutes the score was 89-79. The old "could have" argument is never valid.

Congrats to Aus. Can't wait to see NZ at Reparcharge! Let's get Adams. Delly and Bogut have put their NBA hopes on the line to rep Aus. No excuses.

Reply #544319 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

have to eat my words on bogut. best i've seen him play in a while especially considering he was a maybe this morning with back pain. get that physio a drink for a job well done. should take him with him as his mobility was great.

Reply #544320 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Yeah Bogut turned up tonight.

Reply #544321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any chance of a box score being available for this game or game 1?

Reply #544322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live stats were available during both games ^

Reply #544335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Live stats: http://www.fibalivestats.com/matches/151/16/15/22/19SW5dc1CEpT2/

Reply #544336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So realistically this series was always the Aussie's to lose, and people panicked but they took care of business with ease. Lemanis still copping negative 'feedback' yet what else can he do but get the boys to Rio! Too many know it alls on these forums, that have dominated at social on a weeknight if that. Let the professionals do their job, they are there for good reason.

Reply #544341 | Report this post

Uncuuul  
Years ago

Enjoyed the game. Nice quality live stream.
Solid win I suppose. Boomers looked a bit more cohesive, and Webster didn't get loose tonight. Was always going to be a big ask for him to repeat Saturday's effort.

Reply #544342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NZ points off turnovers: 25
7 for the Aussies

Good defence by the Kiwis or terrible passing by us?

Reply #544344 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Enjoyed the live stream, if only NBL TV was as high of quality as this.

Reply #544345 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Does anyone else thinks it's weird that coach refers to the players by their full name when diagraming plays up?

Reply #544348 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've come to accept that pretty much everything he does is weird

Reply #544349 | Report this post

Uncuuul  
Years ago

"Does anyone else thinks it's weird that coach refers to the players by their full name when diagraming plays up?"
Yeah I thought that was very unusual.

Reply #544355 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newley's hair is going to be a problem for this team going forward.

Reply #544356 | Report this post

Uncuuul  
Years ago

I know right. Just when we had finally got rid of Barlow :-/

Reply #544358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't think his hair will make it to Rio.

Reply #544361 | Report this post

Lance_Uppercut  
Years ago

Webster almost went full Kobe with his 24 attempts. too bad he couldn't repeat his effort from saturday, still an elite scorer.

It was good to see Boomers go inside more, but in the past two games they have had great difficulty getting their shooters in Broekhoff and Goulding good looks which is worrying as they inside points won't come that easy against any other team at Rio.

after Brock Motums stellar performance against Lithuania, he seems to have fallen out of favour, with Lemanis giving a lot more minutes to Bairstow.

Broekhoff is a very handy rebounder and defender.

Reply #544370 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Motum was poor against Vukona in the NBL and continued in the international game. He's better with different match-ups, but I wouldn't have him as an automatic Olympian just yet.

Having said that, Lemanis is big on continuity so he certainly has a foot in the door as the only mobile PF in the current squad.

Reply #544371 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Does anyone else thinks it's weird that coach refers to the players by their full name when diagraming plays up?"

I felt that was weird too. It was like he was talking to an outsider, but he was talking to the actual players!?! When he started saying "Brad Newley" I racked my brains to see if there was another Brad on the team to which he might refer.

"Newley's hair is going to be a problem for this team going forward."

Yes there is something kind of weird about the guy. Seeing him in interviews and stuff, I don't know, he just seems like an odd guy. The hair has to go. Just get a hair cut suited to a normal human being, Newley.

"Motum was poor against Vukona in the NBL and continued in the international game. He's better with different match-ups, but I wouldn't have him as an automatic Olympian just yet.

Having said that, Lemanis is big on continuity so he certainly has a foot in the door as the only mobile PF in the current squad."

Motum is good against flat footer or taller power forwards. Against Power Forwards of a similar level of mobility he struggles. Motum is 'fairly' mobile, but he is not as mobile as Vukona. Actually the stretches that Broekhoff played as PF looked better. Broekhoff has deceptive athleticism and can rebound and defend the post (just not necessarily score from the post).

As for Newley's performance, this must have been the first time in a long time where he has actually hit a three pointer (two actually!) It is surprising to see some offence from the guy after years of just "being there".

Goulding impressed me too. He is looking comfortable and he had a few moves to the basket.

Reply #544381 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

What's happened to Abercrombie's game? I thought he was 'the next big thing'.

Reply #544384 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Motums form over the series has shown that he is a mismatch in some situations, but over matched in others. This is true for all players, but if I was betting between Simmons and Motum for that PF spot, pending Simmons college form I would lean towards Simmons.

Reply #544387 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Credit to Bogut for playing despite the discomfort from the previous game. Relied on the stats over the live feed while working and he seemed to have a good outing? Good to see that Newley hit a couple of threes too.

Reply #544390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty simple...
Lemanis knew we were in for a physical game so he used bairstow.
Motums a different type of player.

That's the good thing about having three different power forwards with different strengths. Add simmons and we have 4.

Reply #544392 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah Isaac, Bogut was solid for a 10 and 10 game. I find it a tad harsh and uncomfortable for Lemanis to be having so much heat thrown his way. You guys do realize the Boomers just got through to the Olympics right, and Lemanis IS the coach of that team.

Reply #544393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons ain't a pf. He's a sf at international level. You never see him waiting around in the post...
He's the playmaker. The guy is a point forward like Lebron...
He's projected as a sf in the nba but a pf in college.

Reply #544394 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

To be fair, it would be an epic calamity if we didn't make it through - it has only happened a few times in our history.

Lemanis methods, rotations and plays have been puzzling in previous games but I couldn't fault anything really today. We looked about as well oiled as could be expected and people did seem to know their roles.

So, maybe Lemanis has been responsible for 2 good Boomers games? Tonight and vs Lithuania at the world cup

Reply #544395 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Last 2 when they count bug time, cut him some slack. Boomers will do very well come Rio time, and he WILL be at the helm so may as well get behind the whole team and all involved.... yes even Trev Gleeson haha

Reply #544396 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Front court for sure...
Ingles sf/sg
Simmons sf/pf
Motum pf
Bairstow pf/c
Anderson pf/c
Baynes c/pf
Bogut c

Plus 5 guards. (3 pg's)
Delly pg/sg
Gibson pg/sg
Mills sg/pg
Broekhoff sg/sf
1 of Goulding sg or newley sf/sg

Reply #544397 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"Front court for sure...
Ingles sf/sg
Simmons sf/pf
Motum pf
Bairstow pf/c
Anderson pf/c
Baynes c/pf
Bogut c

Plus 5 guards. (3 pg's)
Delly pg/sg
Gibson pg/sg
Mills sg/pg
Broekhoff sg/sf
1 of Goulding sg or newley sf/sg"

That looks pretty close, but if Jawai gets into good fitness, his physical attributes can't be overlooked. He will outbody every single person out of position in the Olympics. I feel like someone like maybe Bairstow could be in a fight with Jawai for that spot if he does get in his Galatasaray pre-injury form.

As for 1 of Goulding or Newley, another name that should be in the conversation is Blanchfield. It would be a dog fight between those three for a spot, and you would have to choose on team chemistry and current form.

The rest of the team is pretty much spot on.

Reply #544400 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"Simmons ain't a pf. He's a sf at international level. You never see him waiting around in the post..."

Not too many PFs wait around in the low post anymore, it's a game of four-out and five-out.

Once mature, Simmons will fit one of the prototypes of modern international PFs like James, Diaw, Anthony, Vukona, Nocioni etc who can defend bigger guys but also have an all-court game.

Reply #544401 | Report this post

shootingblanks  
Years ago

Cheers for the link to the Youtube stream. Probably would've missed it if not for this thread. Quality was great.

Reply #544403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jawai makes no sense whatsoever if you have 3 big bodied guys already.
Bogut, baynes and bairstow. All 3 are 255-265lbs. Their not 285 like jawai but they offer so much more than just physical size.

Reply #544404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry 305lbs for jawai (140kg)

Reply #544406 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Big bodied doesn't begin to describe Jawai. I can't imagine the kind of mountain he would be in person. There is competition for position in the post with the other Australians; Jawai just takes up so much room that if he is in form he will just plow down the defence. Jawai makes sense to me. Once he has a bit of lift in his jump and pep in his step

Reply #544407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Baynes and bairstow are better shooters, can both play away from the basket, better ft shooters also.

Jawai can set screens and travel and foul and may get 4 points and a few rebounds in 15 mins. The guy does not offer anymore than what we already have in baynes and Bogut.

Reply #544411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Things I noticed:
Not sure whether Slice of Heaven is actually the NZ anthem.
Aus would be better served to swap one of the 45 coaching staff for an anthem singer that can sing.
Andersen was a different player than in the World Championships.
Goulding made some horrendous defensive decisions in both games.
I liked Gliddon's game, flawless.
Casey Franks had to look up during his interview.
Vukona needs a knighthood. Every game he performs and he never misses a game.
Abercrombie must be broken. He just doesn't do what he used to.
I hope NZ make it through to RIO.

Reply #544414 | Report this post

Some_fulla  
Years ago

Still can't believe Adams couldn't play two games.. What a guy

Reply #544415 | Report this post

Kr  
Years ago

Super impressed with fotu's game, is he still at college? Will be be Europe, nbl or nba bound?

Reply #544416 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Fotu is already in Europe if I remember correctly. But yeah, aside from that failed box out on Bogut on the FT, he was much more impressive in game 2, if just in spurts.

Abercrombie started out real aggressive, not sure why he took his foot off the pedal. NZ could've used more of that, especially with Webster not hitting for large stretches.

Reply #544424 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

The big problem for us is that we are weakest an the arguably the two most important spots in modern basketball: the wing and the four spot. We are going to struggle against elite teams if this Oceania series mindset prevails. The other problem is, without Exum, and if Simmons isn't ready, we don't have anyone who can attack the teeth of the defense off the dribble to cause defenses to collapse at the point of attack. Lemanis just doesn't get it: you have to be able to match up defensively against elite teams who can show you multiple looks, you need roster balance, and you need floor spacing. This isn't 1985.

We keep putting these teams together with too many tiny, unathletic PGs and too many immobile bigs. The wing spot is an easier fix for me: why the hell wasn't Todd Blanchfield on this squad as an option to see if he's ready? I don't see what guys like Gliddon, Gibson or Damian Martin (obv. injured but was selected) add when we need guys at other positions.

I think Simmons will be ready to go sooner than people think, HOWEVER, I think his shot is truly broken and despite being mobile, his ability to space the floor will be limited to face up drives and not jumpers.

Delly / Goulding
Mills / Exum
Broekhoff / Ingles / Newley
Baynes / Simmons / Motum
Bogut / Jawai

I really don't like starting (or playing) Baynes at that position but we don't have any other options as I don't think Simmons will be ready to start. We will (at least initially) see Baynes really start to play the four with the Pistons: Van Gundy has cited his ability to stretch the floor from midrange and I think he's going to get plenty of opportunity at that position so he might get comfortable there, even if he's not quick enough to switch onto smaller guys.

Jawai is always going to be out of shape but we have so many poor IQ guys in the backcourt that we really need him along with Bogut to run the offense when Delly is throwing his trademark bad signposted passes and Mills is just looking for his own shot.

If Exum is out I honestly would bring in Todd Blanchfield or another wing (although Lemanis almost certainly will replace him with a tiny, unathletic PG who can't shoot or finish at the rim, because if there's one thing Lemanis loves, it's tiny, unathletic PGs who can't shoot or finish at the rim).

Reply #544427 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Simmons will struggle against international size in the post, but as a 3 man he'll be fine - he's athletic, can handle the ball and shoot, and is a good passer.

If it were up to me re: Rio, I'd roll out a Delly-Ingles-Simmons backcourt, then Andersen-Bogut.

Mills, Exum(if available), Broekhoff, Goulding, Motum, Baynes. Last pick would depend on Exum's availability - either a guard (Newley), or another post player (Jawai).

Reply #544431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut/Baynes
Motum/Bairstow
Ingles/Simmons/Broekhoff
Mills/Newley/Goulding
Delly/Exum

Should be our olympic squad. If Exum is still not available then bring in Gibson. Also they could possibly drop Goulding and bring in Andersen.

Reply #544449 | Report this post

D  
Years ago

Mick I agree with your comment about needing people who can attack off the dribble and cause defenses to break down. Apart from Exum and Simmons, there is not much else in the picture. If we don't address this we will live and die by the 3 ... again. Patty can create to some extent, but his game is more catch and shoot or drive and pull up long jumpers.

Surprised you excluded Andersen, I know his flaws are many, but he does offer some scoring off the bench. He certainly helps stretch the floor with his shooting. Last guy picked maybe

I don't know Blanchfield, I don't follow nbl, is that his game? what kind of player is he?

I think Jawai still has some x factor and is useful in certain game situations. If healthy, so he can run and catch better, he's my backup 5

Having watched simmons in these last two nbl practice game hit outs, he gets a spot, his development and prpgress in the next 12 months will be huge

Reply #544522 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Adams was casually in the country and has been for the past few weeks.

So frustrating..the dude is at home for weeks probably doing hearty 2 a days without medical staff etc.

But he can't play 2 games and a couple of training runs under professional supervised watch.

Reply #544523 | Report this post

420YET?  
Years ago

Hi folks, does anyone have a link of the Game 2 replay? cheers

Reply #544546 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

https://youtu.be/VfagbnujGCQ?t=11m49s

Reply #544551 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:32 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754