Video of Ben Simmons vs Sydney Kings

Looks pretty decent. Here's the link.

Highlights: Kings vs LSU

Highlights: Sydney Kings def. Louisiana State University 97-95

Posted by Sydney Kings on Monday, 17 August 2015

Topic #37739 | Report this topic

Bear  
Years ago

That's great thanks Isaac, a close game too! I hope it is another close one this Saturday night v UTD as I am lucky enough to be going to that game...

:)

Reply #544115 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

And for those who think college ball is better than NBL, the skeleton of an NBL team missing its imports and most of its bench just beat LSU who have the hottest prospect in college basketball.

Reply #544116 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Settle down GWB, just at bit, did you see the game? Why do we have to be so critical all the time?

I am looking forward to watching a good game and absorbing the experience, of course they all want to do well and win but it is pre-season for both teams still...

Reply #544118 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Not being critical per se; I am being critical of the critical.

Reply #544119 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

Meanwhile Jarrod Weeks 8)

Reply #544127 | Report this post

Melbourne Boy  
Years ago

GWB i believe the College vs NBL debate was last years Kentucky vs an NBL team, NZ Breakers were the example used.
LSU are not even ranked top 25 at the moment, they're not NBL standard, last years Kentucky were.

Reply #544128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Simmons is an absolute freak. Forget exum forget maker. They are calling him the next LBJ.

Reply #544199 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

I love Jarrod Weeks game!

Reply #544240 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

His handle looked very good and he was adventurous with a couple of those assists. Seemed to take it easy on D a bit, but he played a fair chunk of minutes and it was a bit of an exhibition game so that's not an issue.

For those who went to the game, how did he compare in strength/size to Brandt and Khazzouh? Brandt looks a lot more solid.

NBA Draft has his player comparison as Tracy McGrady but he looks to have a bit more potential in the paint. Can't think of a modern comparison for him. Durant? Wiggins is too fast. LeBron is not a ridiculous stretch in terms of style of game at least?

Reply #544245 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From what I've seen he's like a bigger DeMar DeRozan

Reply #544331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lamar Odom?

Reply #544399 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

The thing I'm noticing with all the footage of Ben is his obvious swag or extreme self belief, he didn't always have this as a kid but with a basketball physique blessed by the gods his ceiling is rediculous. Let's hope he's got LBJ and Durant covered and we can spend the next 15 years watching Australia conqer the world.

Reply #544420 | Report this post

MELHOOPS  
Years ago

Love the soundtrack

Reply #544434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed Melhoops.

He has that sort of superstar arrogance that Mills has (yes i know Mills isn't a superstar).

The balls to want the ball all the time and to be dominant. It's the kind of attitude Exum needs to have to become a true superstar.

Reply #544445 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Someone on Twitter suggested Odom too. Also a less questionable Josh Smith.

Reply #544460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Comparisons to LBJ and MJ flying around

Reply #544680 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:23 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754