casey franks said on commoter that anderssen is on big money in europe

Topic #37741 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Whats your point, he probably is...

Reply #544353 | Report this post

imm  
Years ago

He is as good as ever. Must admit I wrote him off for Rio but maybe he will get there.

Reply #544354 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

casey franks said he should play in the nba but he s making to much money in europe

Reply #544359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey says a lot of strange things

Reply #544360 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sometimes players can earn more in Europe than the NBA

Reply #544363 | Report this post

Young Gun  
Years ago

I think it'd be often the guys at the end of an NBA bench could make more in Europe, but then, they wouldn't have the opportunity to play in the best league in the world. I suspect Ingles & Baynes both took pay cuts to play in the NBA. In both their cases, it worked out for them. Too bad it didn't for Andersen. I'm sure the zero's in his bank account help make up for the disappointment :)

Reply #544367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't the rockets pay 500k to buy out his contract a couple of years ago?

Reply #544369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He is a beast

Reply #544372 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I went to fix the title of the topic but I have no idea what it should be...

Reply #544373 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Isaac thats so true, classic material!

Reply #544376 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

He copped a lot of critiscm in the world championships but I was impressed with what I saw vs NZ. He hit some crazy fade aways.

Reply #544380 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

'I went to fix the title of the topic but I have no idea what it should be...'

I'd be happy just to get the name correct.....

Reply #544402 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Kudos, at least, for not spelling it 'Anderson'.

Reply #544413 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He was ridiculously bad in the World Champs. Looked like a donkey who'd never played basketball before. Fumbling passes and rebounds, turning it over, bricking shots. He honestly seemed to bring the whole team down when he was on floor. He's had some good warmup games but i'm just afraid he'll revert to his world champs form.

Reply #544443 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

I don't think he was bad at the WC at all. He's been getting this hate his whole career.

International competition is difficult, all of our guys make mistakes, thats why we're a middle of the pack team.

Andersen has made himself available to play for the Boomers time after time and has shown at every tournament he deserves to be there.

Yes, he'll sometimes take a bad shot, or fumble a rebound, but he'll also hit some big shots and is a willing defender (if not an above average one).

We've been lucky to have him in the Green and Gold.

Reply #544479 | Report this post

Panther32  
Years ago

When he first went to Europe back in about 2004 he was on close to a million bucks a year so I would say he would probably be earning a bit more than that by now!

Reply #544480 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Not necessarily. He didn't play for a power club last year, he's past his best though still good, and the money on offer in Europe has declined.

Reply #544482 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Former players have told me that he's banked millions over the last 10 -12 years. He would surely average more than 500k a year across his career

Reply #544501 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

Yes, he told us, when offered nba spot to help replace Yao, that it was a drop in his pay, but that he's earned a lotta money over a lotta years, so he'd have a bit of a run in nba for a little while

Reply #544502 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Its one of those things I think where the chance to play in the best league in the world is it's own reward, particularly for someone who has made his money already.

He showed he could play in the NBA, and I think if he still wanted to be there he could, but he wasn't willing to fight for end of bench roles where he'd get less money and no guaranteed playing time. He'd already scratched that itch.

The opposite of that would be Sean Marks, who spent most of his basketball career not playing basketball. Not saying he made bad decisions, but he just barely played. In 11 NBA seasons he played a total of 2275 minutes. To give some perspective, averaging 30 minutes per game for a full NBA season would give you more minutes than that.

Reply #544517 | Report this post

Flip  
Years ago

For some reason, Anderson when he plays for the Boomers, he thinks a hook shot, back in big. What we saw in game 2 was how he has played his whole Euro Career. Pick and Pot shooter. Back down fades to the baseline. When he was playing the CSKA a lot of his games were on ESPN. Remember he was All EuroLeague Team multiple times. He has probably won the most pro titles than anyone.... I think I'm correct in this.

Reply #544544 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

I don't understand the hate for Anderson either.

Averaged 15.7ppg and 6.3rg in the Euroleague last year on 63% FG, 50% 3pFG and 100% FT.

Reply #544585 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Nice guy, very humble, record speaks for itself and smart with his money. Ticks all the boxes.

Reply #544587 | Report this post

Gman  
Years ago

He was a stretch 4 before they were cool.

Reply #544595 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

As a rough estimate i reckon he has probably made $25m - $30m if not more during his pro career. Thoughts?

Reply #544617 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A veteran class Aussie baller who has served his country well, good luck to him in all he earns but more importantly for us right now he can teach the young bigs coming through a thing or two. Very valuable player in the green and gold!

Reply #544620 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:45 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754