Iggle Piggle
Years ago

Article claiming Ere is a Sixer.

http://downtownball.net/2015/08/feast-eyes-top-10-games-nbl16/

This article states Ebi Ere is already a Sixer. With other teams already playing pre season games when is the club going to officially announce it.

Topic #37788 | Report this topic

FYI  
Years ago

September 1st and there are reasons for that

Reply #545462 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Waiting for someone else?

Reply #545464 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Half the forum has been claiming Ere is a Sixer. Not sure why you were waiting on a throwaway mention in a blog.

Reply #545467 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Iggle Piggle "With other teams already playing pre season games when is the club going to officially announce it."

What teams are playing pre-season games with both their imports?

Reply #545468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boti said yesterday that the sixers roster was complete.

Reply #545470 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a process before the club can officially announce it. Problem is the way they do it then it becomes a confirmation not an announcement because everyone already knows.

Reply #545476 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's be honest. Does announce matter. This club has taken giant steps back with talking to us and social media since new ownership group.
They are being arrogant and taking us for granted and I m sick of it. The club was growing and connecting and now it is being ignorant.

Reply #545483 | Report this post

How are they being arrogant?

Reply #545488 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

#545483, WHY DON'T YOU CUT SOME SLACK UNTIL THE SEASON GETS UP AND RUNNING PAL! NEW GROUP OF PEOPLE FEELING IT OUT AT THE START, AND THEY WILL DO A GREAT JOB.

I'D MUCH PREFER THIS TO NOT HAVING A TEAM AT ALL!!

NOW, SHOW SOME SUPPORT AND BUY A SEASON TICKET! NOBODY IS TAKING YOU FOR GRANTED, PEOPLE ARE PUTTING UP BIG DOLLARS!

Reply #545490 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arrogant through disrespect. That is for members with no communication except 1 letter about memberships after the renewal date for seats had passed and nothing of interest since. still no merchandise and well sod all connection with fans really.. No dates for members days set. Take a look at other clubs and what they are up to and you'll see a distinct difference. I am engaged already by other sports media and interesting sites to browse and gaining interest in what is happening with them. I can't attend many sixers games this season due to midweeks and other clashes so feeling disengaged and unexcited. Feel family has been pushed out with no sundays and midweeks Each srason has benn a focus for our family based around our sixers games and went to every game with 6 of us for 5 years.. Haven't renewed our memberships due to our lack of interest now. Don't even know how we can watch games either due to broadcast and nbl tv info not being available. Our country friends no longer meet up with us due to midweek as well. This is not how to inspire existing members and new members in the apparent new young cashed up suits target audience are bot being wowed either. They want a superstar to watch and none is coming.

Reply #545493 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers fans will finally get a good look at the largely unknown quantity that is Kenyon McNeail, old foe turned friend Ebi Ere, as well as Melbourne defector and gravity denier Lucas Walker. It'll be a baptism of fire for the Sixers, kicking the season off against the reigning champs.

Reply #545496 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

1-9-2015, is they day when the government can officially approve supplementing Ebi's salary with the new SA pension concessions.

Reply #545497 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I wouldn't cut them slack, new group or not. We're talking cheap basics at one of the most crucial times for any club.

I couldn't even tell you who owns the club. I have friends who are 36ers fans and I doubt they could name the roster, including one person who's worked game nights at the club for years.

Reply #545506 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Isaac are you Oscar Formans brother?

Reply #545510 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Arrogant ....... Only communication was a deadline for season tickets prior to the crap schedule being released. What a set up
Agree with Isaac why cut them slack. New ownership was a chance to embrace everyone not assume we will all follow like sheep.
I liked feeing part of a club now I get more from every other club. Our club gives nothing in any forum. It's not that hard !!

Reply #545515 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Look at our page on the NBL website (despite the absolutely horrible user interface), there's articles about re-signing DJ for 3 years, signing Sobey, re-signing Gibson, re-signing Petrie, signing Walker, signing Hodgson, re-signing Teys and signing McNeail. There's articles on Gibson making the Boomers, our Las Vegas Summer League team, Creek making the World Uni Games team, new Ownership group and a report from last season.
So they haven't announced the Ere signing, but it's been hinted at it happening next week. Maybe there's an immigration issue, maybe they have something else up their sleeve to announce at that same time, maybe they were exploring the Jawai option first, before fully committing to Ere, maybe that's just the date they chose.
We've been updated on signings as they happen. The rumour at this point is Ere has signed. That's all it is for now. Up until last night, when Perth announced the Jawai signing, it seems like we had our hat well and truly in the ring to get him. It's fairly reasonable to assume that that had at least something to do with the fact we haven't announced the Ere signing yet.
Waiting a week for a signing to be announced isn't really going to hurt our season is it?

Reply #545517 | Report this post

Muzz Buzz  
Years ago

Perth haven't announced anything

"Our" las Vegas Summer League team?

You news link must be different o mine , literally most of what you wrote isnt on the web site for me

Reply #545519 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Hendo8888, that's basic, required content. A lot of people wouldn't be visiting the club or league site. There should be 1-3 tweets a day, interaction with other clubs and accounts, etc. Take the news to where people are. Look at what other clubs are doing - Melbourne have really stepped it up, Illawarra doing lots of stuff.

Rex, yes, Oscar is my younger brother.

Reply #545534 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Just quietly, the Taipans are an excellent example of what to do:)

Reply #545535 | Report this post

Just loudly, the Wildcats are an even better example!

Reply #545541 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Chalmers, I don't see all their stuff, but I wonder if they could add a bit of personality/flair. Almost too professional. Melbourne have added a bit of personality to theirs.

Adelaide is easily running last on Twitter. The NBL should tell them to get their shit together.

Reply #545547 | Report this post

Fair point, it is a bit "stale" in delivery at times. Not as much banter as other clubs.

Reply #545548 | Report this post

King Podge  
Years ago

Just like their fans!

#ReturnFire

Reply #545557 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

In all fairness...complaints regarding the schedule and website design was out of their hands - you cant blame them for that.

Reply #545566 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Website was yes, the schedule maybe. They did not have to enforce a deadline before it was released especially knowing how many mid week games there was. They would of had a chance to review it first.
Maybe extend deadline ( wouldn't matter they don't promote memberships anyway) or put on a package for mid week games and non mid week games instead of willingly upsetting everyone.

Reply #545573 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon #545573, the league and every team has the same web site design, that wasn't their choice. If you want to argue content that's fine but design wasnt their choice.

They potentially could have negotiatied the schedule more but I doubt they would have been very successful as it was a directive from the top and a plan they put in place as they felt it was the best option to aid them in securing a tv deal.

Reply #545629 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Saw Ere walking in Rundle Mall the other day so he is either here to watch some local ball or he is a future 6er. As for the communication stuff, its embarrassingly poor.

Reply #545631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Tornado i don't care about design its all about content, thats what this whole discussion is about. total lack of content. That is club.

They would of seen rough drafts of our schedule before it was released, my issue is more the deadline to join without giving us time to see how much the schedule has changed. That is club

Reply #545638 | Report this post

Tyrell  
Years ago

What shape is Ebi in? Looking fit and healthy or what?

Reply #545704 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

On May 24, 2014, Ere signed with Caciques de Humacao of the Baloncesto Superior Nacional as a replacement for Zach Graham.[10] He managed 12 games for Humacao and averaged 19.0 points, 5.4 rebounds, 3.6 assists and 1.4 steals per game.

In December 2014, Ere signed a short-term contract with Élan Béarnais Pau-Orthez of the LNB Pro A.[11] On January 11, 2015, his contract was extended for a further two months.[12] With the return of Marko Simonović from injury, Ere parted ways with the club on March 16.[13] In 14 games for Pau-Orthez, he averaged 10.0 points, 3.4 rebounds, 2.1 assists and 1.0 steals per game. Two days later, he signed with Vaqueros de Bayamón of the Baloncesto Superior Nacional.[14] In 32 games for Bayamón, he averaged 16.0 points, 4.3 rebounds and 1.8 assists per game.

Reply #545714 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Why so many teams in such a short time I wonder. No idea how it works that said of the world...

Reply #545766 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

That's not unusual. In fact, I'd say the majority of imports in Europe change teams at the end of each year.

Reply #545776 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon #545638, Someone (at least I think) complained about the web site design. As far as content goes, I agree with you.

As far as deadline before the schedule was released, this is common and happens every year. It is put in place for the fans who are dedicated no matter what to re-sign and secure the same seats. I for example, re-signed during last years Finals...well before I knew who would be in the team or what the schedule was like.

No one was forcing you to sign up but they have to have a deadline for members who do want to secure the same seats as last season otherwise the load is too much to get everything sorted before the season. The schedule release date was out of their hands and if you want to wait until it is released (which is fair enough) before re-signing then thats your perogative.

Reply #545796 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

There's a few Americans training with the sixers, and one sure looks a lot like Ebi, hey......But, Ebi ain't here YET......

Reply #545825 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Number 25 thats him...

Reply #545888 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

....and, hodgson's a huge unit, makes dj look small

Reply #545891 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

Guys, I have this strongly feeling that Boti will have the inside scoop on the Ebi signing anytime soon.......but please, please keep it hush.

Reply #545975 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:52 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754