Muzz Buzz
Years ago

36ers communications are woeful

Just read a few things posted about the 36ers lack of fan communications since the new owners have taken over.

- 5 tweets in 40 days, 1 of which was a sideways blurry photo of Joe Ingles

- 2 Instagram posts in 25 weeks, both of which are the cheerleaders doing cheerleader things

- Last Facebook post about the team was on July 31st

I haven't seen my ticket renewal or had an email as yet either. Worrying that these people don't seem to know what they are doing.

Topic #37789 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Agreed. It's quite pathetic and there's very little excuse for it.

For years, I've made excuses for all the things that are difficult for clubs/leagues to arrange. TV deals, making noise in a saturated media market, sponsorship is hard, and on it goes. But social media and emailed newsletters are incredibly cheap, very easy and obvious and so inaction there cannot be excused.

If you cannot get the easy things within your control right, you barely deserve a leave pass on the rest. Other teams have all lifted their game (Crocs struggle with visuals but are at least active) and Adelaide enter yet another year sitting on their hands.

Each of the main platforms isn't even asking for pages of content. Twitter is 140 characters - less if you have a photo and link.

Pay a professional for two hours to whip up a content schedule and list of ideas (player birthdays, historical moments, off-season games, anything). Anyone could do this, but I'm suggesting a professional because they've obviously failed in doing it so far.

Get someone (intern even) to execute that schedule. Have multiple people responsible if that's what it takes to keep enthusiastic about each platform. Use scheduling functions if need be.

Track the execution, even manually or by gut feel. If whoever is responsibly consistently fails, cut them loose or find out why it's a problem. If it gets to the point that nothing has happened for almost a month, sack everyone and give up.

Reply #545498 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

It's embarrassing. So simple.

Reply #545503 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Find a keen fan, throw them a season ticket and their enthusiasm will take over.

Reply #545507 | Report this post

Hawky  
Years ago

100% agree with Isaac

As a new full season member (5 game member last year) who signed up in the finals last year it's certainly annoying that we have basically received zero communication thus far from the club. I don't even know what I get as a gold member, surely some merch or something? Would also love to know our seating position for the year.

Although, on a positive during the season last year when dealing with girls in membership they were brilliant. My communication was all in season however.

Would love some form of monthly/ fortnightly newsletter and some regular tweets or FB updates.... Surely not difficult

Reply #545511 | Report this post

But GWB would have you believe that the league just dropped the ball on every issue and was to entirely to blame for all the woes.

Reply #545512 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Isaac,
This does not surprise me given the nature of some people who are part of the new ownership. It appears that they are more bothered with promoting themselves than promoting the club. What is surprising though is that some of the people who were already there are extremely enthusiastic about the club (are they allowed to do their jobs properly?). The question must then be asked, did the new ownership have enough funding to actually run an NBL club or is it just a stop-gap process on their part. It appeared to be a sudden purchase and you must wonder why the previous owners sold the club? What will happen to the club if they do not have a successful financial season and the funds dry up. Maybe I am being too pessimistic, but the lack of action re membership, season ticket holders etc (given the schedule has been released) does not look good. If the fans can't get tickets then maybe they won't be bothered going to games. Fans can be fickle and if the club does not treat them with some form of respect then why should they bother being loyal?

Reply #545513 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So who is it. Who owns the club now. All I heard was Arena. Does that means Scouts own the club. I saw Bruce Spangler on TV when McNeil arrived. What is his connection.
It all happened quick and confusing.
Who is GM now and people there being enthusiastic doesn't mean they are any good.
So much good news about the league and 7 clubs and so much concern about ours.
I even had to buy my membership to get my seat before schedule came out. Did they do that because they new me like many would not renew.
At least last season we got emails and communication. New owners and nothing.
If you are only as strong as your weakest link is our club the leagues weakest link ?

Reply #545518 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It appears that they are more bothered with promoting themselves
They're not doing that very well then. I have no idea who they are.

Reply #545529 | Report this post

Anon12  
Years ago

Anon 545518.
Interesting that you bring up Bruce Spangler's name. Originally it appeared that he convinced people at Church Basketball to be included in buying the stadium (he was a former SACBA referee (average) along with the Scouts. Then he was named as ?Chairman of the committee running the stadium (strange when Church Basketball were a minor stakeholder). Now he pops up as Chairman of the new group who bought the 36ers. Everyone wants to know who bought the club, but only his name appears. This is the man that was involved with BasketballSA and then ended up with either Basketball Australia or the NBL (sorry, can't recall which). Always seems to somehow end up in a position of authority but then appears to have walked away or been pushed from those prominent positions. Can fans be convinced to become members of a club which has little or no contact with the fans and the their is only one ?face of the club that doesn't say anything?.

Reply #545531 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some seabl clubs are now doing a better job than the 36ers to promote and communicate with their members and the general public. Even the Adelaide Lightening is sharing more !

Who do we need to go and talk to to get something to happen ?

Why are the players not being active on twitter themselves and sharing the good news if the organisation can not get their act together ?

Reply #545532 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

"But GWB would have you believe that the league just dropped the ball on every issue and was to entirely to blame for all the woes."

Where the hell does that notion even come from? People are paraphrasing me wrong very often on this page. The Adelaide 36ers (right now) are not doing anything that could be misconstrued as promotion or fan engagement. They will feel the pinch of this when the season comes and no one cares.

The NBL (in this particular off-season) is doing just fine, and I am not sure what planet Chalmers comments come from. I have never blamed the NBL for the under-promotion of clubs.

Reply #545558 | Report this post

No you but you've been quick to hang shit on the league for everything, when a massive reason why the NBL "failed" last season is because clubs dropped the ball on these sorts of issues.

I care what the Sixers do (or don't do) because if they find themselves in a position when they are close to VA, it effects every other club and the perception of the league.

Reply #545564 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Some clubs have dropped the ball on various issues, but the biggest ball by far has been dropped by the league year after year under various admins, not providing a base from which all, or even most, clubs can operate successfully.

Reply #545569 | Report this post

Thats a cop out, just to blame the higher authority while clubs accept no responsibility and point the finger. The league can't really grow when certain clubs holds it back by getting many of these simple issues wrong.

Reply #545570 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree the league has made it difficult but the club is still responsible for its own actions and just and we started to become a successful club on court and had a great family feel off court a change of ownership and we are ignored when we should be embraced.
Off court going way backwards and to be honest on court doesn't look promising.
Should make the top 8 just !!

Reply #545571 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Chalmers, the league failed last year, and every year for at least the last 15.

This doesn't absolve the 36ers, or any other team, from their responsibility to themselves and the league to engage with fans and promote.

It is plain to see the 36ers are asleep at the wheel.

But to your point, I blame the NBL for last season because they are the ones who have failed bigger, harder and longer.

Reply #545572 | Report this post

How did they fail? By letting two clubs go in to VA, and have another come perilously close?

Reply #545574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Weren't the 36ers bought by a company Titanium Security? and they also bought the naming rights for Adelaide Arena (though not the arena itself) and it's called something like Titanium Security Arena now?

Titanium Stadium would've been a better choice of name.

Reply #545575 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Scouts SA, Churches SA and Titanium Security, who own the arena, form the consortium. Hopefully Dean Parker stayed on in an advisory role.

Reply #545579 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"The league can't really grow when certain clubs holds it back by getting many of these simple issues wrong."

Actually, the league has to grow so clubs can grow.

If the AFL had provided little support or poor support in areas like marketing, merchandise, membership, media, multimedia, gameday, broadcast rights and sponsorship over the past 15 years like the NBL has, many of its clubs would be in big trouble and it certainly wouldn't be signing such a big broadcast deal.

A league's job is too provide a base from which clubs can employ good staff, attract sponsors and actively look to grow their business.

The AFL does that, the NBL has just hoped its clubs find a rich benefactor whose bank balance and generosity allow those things to take place.

Reply #545580 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

NBL business model has been philanthropic centric, now its elevated that strategy to the entire league.

Its not good. The things the 36ers are being criticised for are no cost just effort

Reply #545583 | Report this post

But how can the league grow when clubs hold them back?

Reply #545584 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

A rising tide floats all boats

Reply #545585 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

By people investing resources in the league, for example, spending money to make money.

The first thing that has to happen is getting a quantity of quality people working for the league to generate sponsorship revenue, produce a quality broadcast and present a professional interface for potential supporters and sponsors.

Reply #545587 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dean hasn't been there for a couple of months. Saw him at the footy 2 weeks ago.
The leagues job is to provide a base for clubs and the sport as a whole but it does not cost clubs to engage with members. To interact on social media or provide website articles etc
It is easy to blame others but there are clubs making money without the league holding their hand and there are clubs providing slot of information except ours.

Reply #545592 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Is Dean Parker still the General Manager?

https://twitter.com/deangm36ers?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor
According to twitter he is

Reply #545602 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and according to twitter Joey Wright is still at the seahawks so not sure that means much.

Reply #545608 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

AFL has money to keep clubs afloat. Hence why they don't appear to be on the verge of folding each year.

Reply #545617 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

Adelaide 36ers Administration Staff (according to their website):

Guy Hedderwick
Chief Executive Officer
[email protected]

Paul Bonsor
Operations & Experience Manager
[email protected]

Skye Harwood
Member Services Manager
[email protected]

Brett Maher
Community Services Manager
[email protected]

Julie Cowell
Corporate Sales Manager
[email protected]

Reply #545621 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Thanks PlaymakerMO. I was just about to go check that!

Reply #545625 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good now we know who to blame for all the crap we are not getting. Certainly not a dream team

Reply #545632 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I have argued this before, and I think there are direct political/real-world parallels too.

You can take a path all about responsibility where everyone fends for themselves (and you cop collateral damage when people invariably drop the ball or act selfishly) or you can take a path that maximises the chances of success for all, to account for inevitable issues. These organisations are not all big enough or rich enough to recruit perfectly and cover for poor performers. If you have an office of 2-5 people, you can easily be at the mercy of someone lazy, someone distracted or incompetent, someone disgruntled because they haven't been paid properly, one extended sickness, a poorly timed holiday, etc.

A league that provides a base, oversight and tools to improve chances of success is more likely to win through. These clubs compete far more on court than off-court where they all have a common interest.

Oversight and tools need not be expensive. An example of oversight is a monthly audit of all teams' social media efforts (30-60 mins). An example of a tool is having one consultant provide a common social media schedule/strategy for use by all clubs (on a tight budget, that'd be $300-1,000 across all clubs total).

The base structure is potentially more expensive, but I refuse to believe there aren't ways to keep more modest clubs competitive without restricting richer clubs. There are lots of flexible methods available: salary cap, points cap, import allowances, schedule, extension of the league, etc.

Reply #545635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i heard at my basketball club that Brett Maher is leaving as well to join the fire brigade. Losing more good people won't help

Reply #545637 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Stadium Details:
Wikipedia article about the stadium.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Titanium_Security_Arena.

Stadium homepage:
http://www.titaniumarena.com.au/

Adelaide 36ers aticles:
Wikipedia article about the team:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adelaide_36ers

Hopefully the above helps explain who owns/manages what etc.

The website has just been revamped at NBL level and the club may not have direct access to it or it has some other problem related to the relaunch. Player profiles have been posted and some old news articles from the previous site about player signings and the Boomers are up.

The ownership change seemed very quick to me and with the league revamp there has been a bit going on in the off season that doesn't usually occur. New owners may have had to hit the ground running.

Social media has certainly been very quite. I've seen more from Illawarra reaching out to fans and keeping them onboard and their ownership change was worse than ours.

Reply #545645 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Our ownership change seemed quick to us but you have to imagine that meant it was done properly to be so quick.

you would also think new owners would want to hit the ground running not sit back and hope it all pans out or the league does it for them.

Not a lot of comfort in these owners so far but lets see. i have been a members for 4 years and this is as bad as its been for my family

Reply #545649 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Betty, the league would have kept all clubs abreast of the redevelopment and given them access as required. I'm confident they have had all the social media access they need. No excuses!

Reply #545684 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Mitch Creek just retweeted : @Adelaide36ers you probably won't see this because your never on social media but pick up your game. #GetWithTheTimes. From @AllDayNBL

Reply #545705 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Ha Ha Tom was just coming here to post that exact thing. Pretty sad your own players back this opinion publicly, especially a fan favourite.

Reply #545709 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The worst thing is they have been offered (free/barter) help and have failed to seize it.

Reply #545720 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Mitch should be reprimanded for such disrespect towards the club.

Reply #545723 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Or rewarded for such respect to the fans, and the club as a result

Reply #545724 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Rewarded for calling out the club on social media for the world to see.

Is that how you'd manage an organisation?

Reply #545729 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The wold might see it but the club won't for a few months...

Reply #545730 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

If I managed the organisation nobody would be calling it out for not doing its job properly to begin with...

Reply #545732 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Actually this is Mitch's SECOND offensive social media post after the Yeah Bitches remark after a Sixer win whilst he was injured.

No professional organisation should allow their staff to conduct themselves in this manner.

Reply #545737 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

LOL> Mitch is getting grilled for saying what the fans are saying? He should be celebrated.

Reply #545739 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

Marcus, you know you're wrong when even GWB is giving you shit

Reply #545742 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"No professional organisation should allow their staff to conduct themselves in this manner."

Probably not, but how is that relevant to this organisation?

Reply #545751 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mitch is just as bad as al the other players. No one from our team does anything either. Look at other clubs compared to us.

Reply #545756 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well done by Mitch Creek, pity the players have to anything more than play hard for the club but such is the state of the current 36ers situation. Marcus Camby your so very wrong, just wow.

Reply #545764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The players do have to do more than just play, it is everyone's responsibility and the players have a great following and should be promoting their club.(Just because you love the players does not mean they are innocent, they usually only put something on social media about themselves)
What that should have is direction and support form the club and it looks like every man for himself and all going in different directions ?

Reply #545771 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If players are restless over inactive ownership, that's a serious issue. You think free agents, other things equal, are going to come to a stagnant club or one that appears more dynamic?

If you reprimand a player for giving you a deserved kick up the bum, do you think they and their peers are more likely to stay/sign or less likely?

When Mitch slipped up, at least he was lively and showing passion for the club. You give him a reminder but say "Other than that, we love the passion."

When you talk about players not actively representing their club, do you think anyone is leading and encouraging them in Adelaide? I'd say not.

As an example, look at Oscar's Instagram feed. 10 of his last 12 photos were not taken by him. I'd bet that the majority were taken and prepared by a club representative, some by a professional or prosumer photographer. If they feed him good material, he's going to have gear to post.

Make the task easier to do and it's more likely to get done.

Reply #545774 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Yeah even the first time round for the sake of agreement, in todays day and age is a piss weak politically correct thing to get on a young player about. End of the day, the 36ers or whoever has the passwords the the social media forums has dropped the ball... its pathetic. And no pics of Carmel and the dancers during peak off season time when every other club is updating player movement etc is not news to me.

Reply #545778 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

what is bonsor doing ?? I really don't understand the job titles, descriptions and what they are all meant to do in their roles.

Reply #545784 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Yes Creeky made a mistake it was inappropriate but not reprehensible. At least he showed passion!

Reply #545787 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creeky saying yes bitches was passion and excitement no problem
Creeky retweeting, yes Isaac I agree the club should provide material, absolutely. Not sure he should retweet a bagging of the club but also agree given the shambles it currently seems to be he may be as frustrated as the rest of us because you then got to ask if the ball can be dropped so far on something costless like this what else is going wrong
What do they all do. People staying there doing the same things wrong will give us the same wrong results

Reply #545795 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what does bonsor do ? he has been there a long time is that part of the problem.
We have had no major sponsor for years ??

Maybe the social media talk we started is the easy visual of a much greater problem

Reply #545800 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

You guys are crazy. Adelaide just tweeted!

Adelaide 36ers ‏@Adelaide36ers 1h1 hour ago
Congratulations Sammy! #36ersFamily #36ersNation

and on the 20th :
Adelaide 36ers ‏@Adelaide36ers Aug 20
Say hello to your 2015/16 Adelaide 36ers Cheerleaders! #36ersNation #36ersFamily

( I hope they can do the Voodoo!)

(Also.. who the hell is Sammy?)

Reply #545813 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

They should've been getting Gibbo writing a blog or sharing countless pics fro the Boomers experience at the minimal. SO many opportunities its frustrating and Im actually really happy a core player has the balls to call out inept stuff when needed.

Reply #545814 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

@Isaac, re Oscar's IG Feed, some great photos there, none better than the backyard pool table and of course the sponsor's restaurant. We need to get the Big O, over the big one O O O, so with 986 followers at the moment, those of you on Instagram not following Oscar, let's push him to 1,000 followers.

As you say, feed the players some quality photos and if the club sets up photo opportunities as well, then running an IG account is easier than losing money in the Chinese stock market.

Not sure who the biggest Sixers sponsor is at the moment. Imagine the Sixers crew down at Vili's munching on a chilli dog, or out in the paddocks trying to milk cows for Golden North Ice cream. That's the sort of stuff that fills the social media pages.

Get the sponsors on board with the social media plan as well. Without sponsors being advertised and promoted, there's no point them shovelling money in, if they can't get promoted and get nothing in return.

Reply #545821 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Maybe make some cushions at RAA. /s

Reply #545827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agreed although we hear nothing about our sponsors as well. I hope because of an assumed ownership stake in Arena and we think club its not just going to be all about Scouts.

Reply #545851 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe it's Jazzy's fault. Hasn't he been the team manager for like 10years?

Reply #545915 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

No its def not Jazzy's fault, he and Junior dont run any of the social media stuff, never have.

Reply #545924 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Mitch is playing a family oriented sport for a family oriented organisation.

How is the word Bitch or Bitches allowable on the Team's social media account?

You can be passionate and celebrate the win without using inappropriate language.

The Sixers are a professional organisation, having one of your staff call you out in public is unacceptable.

If I have a beef with my work, I don't get online and tweet my grievance online naming names, I act like an adult and speak with the relevant party discreetly.

Reply #545927 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing adult or professional happening that I can see.

Hi Jazzy. Thanks for putting your own name up haha

Reply #545928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blame it on the volunteer office uni student

Reply #545930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe if they had an office uni student some of this stuff would get done.

nothing else is

Reply #545933 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Marcus, not saying it's ideal, but it was one slip up in the heat of the moment.

Meanwhile, the club are completely and consistently responsible for some seriously poor and disrespectful efforts. It's abysmal. Long time fans I know think it's downright pathetic and are all but walking away.

Reply #545934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The clubs current treatment of us members (especially the ones forced to pay before seeing the schedule ) is completely arrogant and disrespectful.

Almost feel like they are saying we should be honoured to support them instead of the other way around.

But what can we do ??

Reply #545942 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Oh Marcus its really not that bad at all. The way the term was used was light hearted and used out of excitement. Not like he called someone a bitch out of anger. Lighten up... so funny hearing you go on about this.

Reply #545949 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If only that was biggest problem Marcus !!

Reply #545956 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Isaac...

Yes it a slip up, we all do it once in a while, however when you have the password to an NBL team's'social media account, you are held to a higher level of responsibility.

That incident on its own would be forgivable.

However, here we are a second time, although not offensive, it still looks bad for the club.

You yourself know the power and influence social media can have, why allow someone affiliated with the club to use it in a negative way?

I imagine there would be consequences if this were the NBA.

Reply #545958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You're probably the only person in the world who cares mate. Let it go

Reply #545961 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Kobe...yes I know it was not meant to be offensive, I too have called friends bitches, mofos etc, all in good humour and endearment.

Again, this is a family sport and a family oriented club, do we really want to use urban dictionary language to describe passion and excitement to the younger fans and the mums and dads that bring them?

Again....we recognise that social media is a powerful medium, and ill thought out tweets can reflect badly on the club. People don't judge on good intentions, but what was said and what it implies.

Reply #545962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again, no one else cares

Reply #545963 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

I'm not sure that disrespect is the correct term to describe the organisation.

They are quiet, but does that translate to a lack of respect for fans?

Its a lack of engagement, yes, but respect? No.

Reply #545964 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

That truly is the sad part...no one else seems concerned including the club itself.

How can they command respect from the league if their own staff do not respect them?

Reply #545965 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe because ITS ACTUALLY NOT THAT BIG OF A DEAL FFS MOVE ON

Reply #545966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus. You claim Mitch retweeting something is a lack of respect but the club forcing members to buy before releasing the schedule and then providing zero communication after taking our money not disrespectful.

You speak of it being a family environment but our schedule says otherwise so maybe the club needs to take the step tonshow respect before expecting the players and members to.

Reply #545968 | Report this post

Ricey  
Years ago

marcus... a bitch is a female dog, so maybe he was just letting all the female dogs out there know who had won...

basketball is not a family orientated sport, otherwise the pro leagues would be made up of teams fielding men, women and children.

marcus... you're acting like a little bitch. stop being such a bitch, ya bitch... see what i did there. i used bitch in an offensive way, the opposite to how it was used a year ago...

Reply #545972 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ricey this is a family forum you could act more responsible than that.

See what I did there.

Nothing but Marcus still won't like it.

Reply #545977 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Anon...the schedule is released by the league, not the Sixers.

The Sixers control neither the release of the schedule nor the schedule itself.

The Sixers also do not have the ability to 'force' people to buy memberships.

Reply #545978 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Marcus, so sack or discipline Mitch and he walks. And team mates walk. And then what? Go back to a nice passion-free but mostly silent social media presence?

Forget the schedule. You cannot excuse the lack of communication since then. Takes minutes to send out an e-newsletter updating people on whatever is going on around the place.

Reply #545980 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus. The Sixers new exactly when the schedule was being released.
The Sixers date to close of guarantee same seat was 3 days before schedule was to be released. Very easily could of been extended.

Mitch retweeting was the only form of social media we have seen from anyone. Not even anything about buying memberships or new players.

I have to assume you work there as you are fixated with defending the highly incompetent.

Reply #545982 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus thinks none of us have any clue, never has and is so defensive it is very suspicious to who he actually is. so just don't respond to him as if he doesn't get it in the first pace he never will.. Turn your backs to him...

Reply #545984 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Boti nagy article on Adelaide now on Lucas Walker - not on sixes sites of course although they likely help set it up.
Whatever..

Here is the link
http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/new-adelaide-36ers-signing-lucas-walker-ready-for-an-overdue-breakout-nbl-season/story-fnii09ki-1227498573976

Reply #545985 | Report this post

Social Superstar  
Years ago

Stop feeding the troll...its either laughing at you bothering to respond...or he is jus a plain idiot.

Reply #545988 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Lucas Walker is getting a bit old to have a break out season. More likely to have a broken hip season.

Reply #545989 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Isaac...

I never said sack Mitch, I said reprimand, which can be done discreetly without causing Mitch any undue public embarrassment. It could be as civil as reminding him of the organisation's values

It is doubtful he would want to walk over this.

I think you are mistaking my position on Mitch's actions as a defence of the club's social media record to date, its not.

No-one can pretend that the club's social media activity doesn't need improvement, but that does not excuse Mitch's public calling out of the club.

Its quite concerning that the fan base are willing to accept questionable posts that negatively reflect on the club than less tweets from the club itself.

Again...I have no problem with Mitch pointing out to the club areas where there can be improvement, indeed, I would even suggest it is their duty as staff of the Sixers, but do it in a discreet and constructive manner.

Reply #545999 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Again... sign out of the internet if this much offensiveness is going to ruin your day

Reply #546002 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Most people don't 'sign out' of Social Media, which makes it so powerful a medium, and thats why you need to be responsible for what you put out there even more.

Reply #546004 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Marcus, you don't think Mitch has been reprimanded already for that incident?

And this week, they should be saying "Thanks Mitch, you're right. We need to step it up." No doubt people have continually made it clear they've dropping the ball and virtually nothing has changed.

Reply #546016 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Marcus, do you follow Mitch on Facebook. He clearly is not worried about public embarrassment.

These changes and expectations you request or suggest should be led from the top down.

If the professional organisation you rave acted professional then its staff may follow suit.

I would be surprised if Mitch has been reprimanded and to be honest would be surprised if many at the club have even seen it.

except for you marcus ??

Reply #546021 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

I woke up and came to this thread and can't believe it still has oxygen haha

Reply #546053 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because despite Marcus wanting the unrealistic the original point of the thread is very very real. Although we did get a post yesterday so maybe it's not relevant anymore.

Reply #546081 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Couple of tweets with graphics recently... Signs of life.

Reply #546225 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Oscar on 993. Only his jersey number away from the 1 O O O Come on punters, surely there are se7en of you on IG not following him yet

Reply #546234 | Report this post

Something worth a mention too. At various stages in the past few years, whoever was running the Sixers Twitter account blocked fans from numerous teams. I don't see the point in that, it's actually pretty childish to not allow fans from other teams to follow you or discuss things, or even engage in banter. What skin is it off the nose of who was in charge of the account at the time that the Twitter handle copped a bit of shit?

Reply #546238 | Report this post

Marcus Camby  
Years ago

Expecting professional sportsmen to conduct themselves professionally is unrealistic?

Sheesh...the standards are low here.

Reply #546239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Charmers. Probably depended on what you said as to why you were blocked. Every club has things it will and won't accept I imagine. It's not a free for all and shouldn't be. Just because you are a fan doesn't mean you have the right to say what you want.

Marcus. You really think he is professional. Nothing at that organisation seems to be except you.

Reply #546275 | Report this post

Lets assume that some people crossed a line, and many others didn't. What is the point in blocking them? Does it hurt the feelings of the 36ers organisation to have people tweet at them with things which aren't warm and fuzzy? If anyone tweets "hey Sixers, you suck balls", why is the person in charge of the account taking it personally?

There are plenty of other much larger organisations (eg Telstra) who would be tweeted abuse day in, day out, that would have a higher threshold for what is and isn't acceptable.

Reply #546324 | Report this post

Jack Toft  
Years ago

I wouldn't read too much about companies blocking people who tweet comments they don't like. @AFL have blocked me after I questioned them about the fairness of their draw (Ouch! obvious sore point there!) and @CadburyAU blocked me after I questioned them whether they thought the cost of their halal certification was worth it, improved food safety standards, or whether a simple statement to say their products didn't contain hareem products was a more cost effective way of making an inclusive statement. (That block got me so angry I nearly blew my top!)

There's actually some pretty funny comebacks some companies have tweeted back to those fans/consumers who tweet stuff like "Hey Sixers, you suck balls"

Reply #546328 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree Jack but we can't get a club to tweet so to reply tweet funny is a decade away

Reply #546332 | Report this post

But I don't see the point in them blocking you, even if you had done more than just asked an innocent question. What does it gain for them?

Reply #546333 | Report this post

Maybe thats why no one sees the Sixers tweets. They've blocked EVERYONE!!!

Reply #546334 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If anyone tweets "hey Sixers, you suck balls", why is the person in charge of the account taking it personally?
They read their @replies to respond. If you're just being a tool and you're not a customer, you're clogging the feed they're reading to respond.

For many, life's too short to deal with timewasters. Obviously everyone will have a different measure of where that line is.

IMO, Twitter could easily introduce shadowbanning so the blocked person can still read the blocker's tweets, but the blocker wouldn't see any tweets (especially replies) from the blockee.

Reply #546339 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:36 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754