Indominous-Rex
Years ago

Sydney Kings Offseason Recruitment Report

Just found this article on Aussie Hoopla. It's an offseason report about the Sydney Kings and every thing they've done. here's the link

http://www.aussiehoopla.com/sydney-kings-2015-recruitment-report/

very interesting.

Topic #37796 | Report this topic

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Good read. Sydney have more depth this year.

The rest of the league has improved. Think the X Factor for Sydney is Markovic if he can be as good as he was 13/14 think Sydney are a top four team as long as Chill doesn't miss too much time.

Reply #545673 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

For mind if they can get all their point guards all working together and pushing each other and Garlepp can get more than 4 boards a game then this squad will see the top spot on the ladder for a large portion of the season

Reply #545695 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good to see sydney on the rise

Reply #545884 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I'd think with Khazzouh, Childress, and Brandt off the bench, rebounds shouldn't be a problem. Having said that, if Brandt's form against LSU is an indication of how he plays this year, he might be cutting in to Garlepp's minutes too.

Reply #545887 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

the Kings since returning to the league have never had a good backup centre for Ogilvy, Khazzouh or Crosswhite but Brandt with his starters experience last season will be highly valuable and if he eats into Garlepp's minutes then that is a dream scenario for Coach Cotter to be able to think he can throw anyone on court and they will gel and deliver the effort he requires (Garlepp looks lazy and plays that way at times so if he gets the tough love that Hammer gave him at times then he won't see minutes) and with enough ballhandlers there to do anything...

Personally I would start Caddee and have Markovic coming off the bench but if Caddee is the 3rd string PG then that wouldn't suprise me either.

What an excellent headache Cotter has

Reply #545918 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

I still would prefer we didn't play Thornton at PG, even if that's what he'd be doing in the NBA... We shouldn't be a training ground for potential NBA players forsaking what our actual team needs... Looking at how he was shooting on his first day, Marcus is definitely the outside shooter we need and pushing him into a role that doesn't fit him or the team would be stupid...

But saying that, if our guards are on form, and Brandt actually keeps his pre-season form unlike when he was under pressure as a starter last season, then yes, definitely a great problem to have, finding minutes for in form players, instead of trying to find form for players with minutes...

This is probably the most stoked I've been for a Sydney team since they've been back, so fingers crossed they can all gel and Chill gets here soon!

Reply #546020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:19 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754