Aussiebballer
Years ago

Jamar playing in EuroBasket

Did anyone else realise that Jamar Wilson is playing for Finland in the EuroBasket?
http://www.eurobasket2015.org/en/compID_qMRZdYCZI6EoANOrUf9le2.season_2015.roundID_9322.teamID_281.html

He had 17pts in their last game and has had 10pts in a couple of other warm up games.
Hard to tell exactly how he is doing without some box scores.

Topic #37799 | Report this topic

paul  
Years ago

He had 17p, 7r and 5a in their last practice game. I don't think the final team has been selected yet but with those numbers he's certainly making a good case.

Reply #545773 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Was hard to tell how he was performing in person last season let alone boxscores haha Goodluck to him, certainly knows how to get to the bucket.

Reply #545779 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Jamar can flat out play. Was extremely underrated last year. That European passport will help increase his salary in Europe.

Reply #545786 | Report this post

DaHuzyBru  
Years ago

http://www.sportando.com/en/europe/finland/162833/jamar-wilson-gets-finnish-passport-will-play-at-eurobasket.html

Reply #545832 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why was he in nbl at all if he could get euro passport??

Reply #545841 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He only just got his Finnish citizenship, his wife is from Finland

Reply #545844 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

he became a citizen while playing here last year

he can ball !!!

Reply #545853 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

As a local type player he is legit as it comes...

Reply #545889 | Report this post

orbit  
Years ago

Wonder if Cairns thought about re-hiring him again when Wilbekin went NBA bound. Def legit & they knew what they would have been getting!

Another idea was Ervin. Gordie must not have been keen. Hope the new PG at Cairns is a gun...

Reply #545892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does he always put up good to great numbers wherever he plays? Yes

Do I enjoy watching him play (lots of pounding the ball and making sure he gets his)? NO....

He he led a team to playoff success in his professional career to date? I'm not sure, I haven't followed his every stop.

Reply #545898 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

He's definitely a scorer more than anything else, but he's exactly the kind of guy Adelaide probably could use this season, unless Ere still has something left in the tank.

Reply #546075 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:41 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754