who is the best import in the nbl

Topic #37818 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Childress in my opinion...

Reply #546165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

....but after watching Stephen Holt against LSU, he's going to be my dark horse!

Reply #546166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Childress was top 5 in scoring, assists and rebounds last season wasn't he? No one has come in and dominated like he has in a while

Reply #546167 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson and Josh Chilldress

Reply #546173 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Josh Childress

Reply #546176 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Josh Childress, covers so many areas of the game. Best this league has seen for a long time.

Reply #546178 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

This season? Josh Childress.
Ever? Josh Childress? If he repeats the same form this season I'd say yes.

Reply #546183 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

Josh Childress, why because he was first in the league in scoring, rebounding and i think blocks, while also finishing 5th in assists.

Reply #546188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Think of that stat all by yourself Rexy?

Reply #546190 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Currently I would say Childress followed by Jackson.
Might be a few more contenders by end of the season though.

Reply #546194 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

anon 190 wtf are you talking about??? he might've finished 2nd in rebounding but I can't confirm that..... so no these are all legit.

Reply #546212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

James Crawford.

Reply #546215 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think they were pointing out how those stats had already been brought up

Reply #546216 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

Ricky Grace

Reply #546271 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Kevin Lisch will prove his worth this season... Will that mean he is the best import in the league?

I'm not sure about that but I think we will enjoy watching him!

I certainly don't want to say a player that air balls free throws and 3 pointers in Cedric and I think there are players like Conklin that will be more important to the success of their team but it's got to be Childress and as a Perth member I think we will throw a lot of different opponents his way but I can't see any of them stopping him...

There is only 4 men that can stop Childress this season and one is his coach and his job depends on Childress and the other three blow a whistle for a living

Reply #546285 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Childress easy. Jackson is a bit overrated for mine...he is impeccable as a general and leader but if we are talking overall talent you cant go past Childress at this point.

Who would be the 2nd best import in the NBL would be a better discussion...?

Reply #546308 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Cedric Jackson is one of the NBL's all time great imports.

But Childress was the best player in the league last season when he was on the court.

Reply #546329 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Childress then probably Jackson Lisch

Think Starks, Prather or Thornton could be up there by the end of the season

Reply #546330 | Report this post

The_Champ33  
Years ago

All-Time- Leroy Loggins & Lanard Copeland

Current- Josh Childress

Reply #546340 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Josh Childress is the best import of all time, taking into consideration both his own ability as well as the overall strength of the league today. Chris Williams was pretty special in his 1 season, but I think of him like I do Acie Earl, where it was more their physical makeup that had them dominating the NBL competition (although Williams was obviously more skilled). Williams was both stronger and quicker than every other player at his position, and too good a shooter to sag off and take away the drive.

Cedric Jackson is a great player, but I'd put him on the level of a lot of other great imports from the past - Ricky Grace, Darnell Mee, Loggins, Copeland, etc. which is not a knock at all as they were all great players.

Reply #546493 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Based on Last Season? Childress, hands down.

Reply #546571 | Report this post

dj  
Years ago

James Ennis - has got to be up there.
Stats -

Josh Childress
PPG21.1 RPG
9.2 APG
4.2 FG%

Reply #546577 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All time - Leroy Loggins - no question and by a long way.

Reply #546590 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Childres should certainly be the best import this season.

Just need him to reign in some of those elbows and celebrations ;)

Reply #546606 | Report this post

Juno 16  
Years ago

Childress by a landslide.

Reply #546673 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm a perth fan and only watch the games at Perth arena. Childress was rubbish in the game he played there but i acknowledge his stats were great overall. What makes him so good? Is it the athleticism?

Reply #546762 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^ is this bloke serious?

Reply #546766 | Report this post

He did have a bad game in Perth but did whatever he wanted at any other time. I'd love for him to stick around and cement himself as our greatest ever import.

Reply #546771 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, I was being serious. The point I was trying to make is that I didn't get to watch the other games he played where he tore it up and posted those great stats. The only one I saw was when he came to Perth and was rubbish and actually got himself ejected for throwing an elbow at Wagstaff.

So I was asking those who did manage to watch him in full flight what it is that separates him from the rest. Because skills-wise, he didn't seem to have anything that stood out as being outstanding. Perhaps it's a combination of athleticism and a good nose around the basket.

Reply #546775 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

I don't think there's a particular area he excels in, but he has good size, top notch athleticism, top notch skills, and he's smart. So against pretty much any opponent he will work out a way to beat them, because no one can match him in every way.

Reply #546778 | Report this post

Dazz  
Years ago

Put simply, Childress is faster, smoother, and more athletic than his bigger NBL opponents, whilst being stronger and taller than the small guys. In many ways he's the perfect guy to play SF in the NBL. From all accounts, despite being a showman, he's also a very decent guy and a team player.

I didn't read too much into the shove. He was still adjusting to the NBL, possibly wasn't accustomed to close checking our Ref's permit, and probably didn't realise that reacting in the way he did would get him tossed.

Reply #546829 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:55 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754