Red 63
Years ago

Why did Maalo Hicks not play in the NBL?

I watched Malo dominate this season, he has good footwork, a good enough jumper and is an absolute monster! Why is he not in the NBL

Topic #37819 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Laziness. Prefers to be a big fish in a small pond. Has all the talent in the world.

Reply #546158 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Was lazy, high maintenance , bad tempered, undisciplined , rebel, etc. when Nbl would have looked at him. Plenty of ability that has been wasted.

Reply #546185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Heard stories bout this guys lack of commitment etc great talent thou

Reply #546289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not just anybody can play NBL especially with only 8 teams.
Clearly not good enough to compete with the likes of Daniel Joyce

Reply #546292 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I've heard stories of this bloke turning up to trainings & a game without shoes

Reply #546301 | Report this post

Greggo  
Years ago

Just doesn't have the drive to play at that level. Had plenty of high level college offers (ucla I believe) but couldn't commit to getting the grades to go. Plenty of Nbl offers but didn't have the drive to go day in day out...

Still a huge body and as quick as they come for that size. Very impressive player

Reply #546344 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is more to life than NBL .

Reply #546345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is more to life than the NBL. Maalo acts like an import for Stingrays. That's his job for the year. He does school clinics etc.

This would be similar to what he'd do in the NBL or any other professional league but more $$$.

All the potential and talent in the world but no ticker. He could average 25 and 20 possibly more in Big V (he does it every now and then with ease) but he's happy to not want the ball and cruise to 6 and 5 in most gamss

Reply #546349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gets into foul trouble early in most games which limits his court time so maybe that also plays a part in his stats line?

Reply #546350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd love to see how many of the clowns on this forum lived up to their potential

Reply #546426 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think that's unreasonable and simply not warranted. The question was asked why Maalo Hicks did not play NBL, people have been asked for their opinion and they have voiced their opinions. Why are they all of a sudden clowns? And why do they have to justify their basketball careers. If you don't want to read people's genuine opinions, then don't come on this forum.

Reply #546437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wonder what Maalo will do after basketball considering he barely works or studies now

Reply #546460 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

So I guess this the thread where we all anonymously trash a semi-professional basketballer?

Reply #546528 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Should not be doing any of the sort, he is a decent guy who is very talented on court and does plenty to support his local Association off court.

The kids love him and he will always find time to have a chat and ask how things are going.

What he does from here, with three Big V Championship rings to his name already, is up to him!

Not everyone wants to play NBL...

Reply #546546 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754