Sixers Fan
Years ago

Daniel Carlin named as Adelaide DP

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/basketball/daniel-carlin-joins-adelaide-36ers-roster-while-swingman-mitch-creek-goes-under-the-knife-ahead-of-2015-16-nbl-season/story-fnii09ki-1227501443536

Topic #37828 | Report this topic

Jack Toft  
Years ago

Congratulations to him. Reward for his hard work

Reply #546447 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If Daniel improves his mid range Jumper, he could be a solid NBL player. I think he will do well as a guy that gives guys from the 3 to 5 a spell here and there. His defense is his best attribute so far, and that's a good sign for him.

All the best Daniel

Reply #546467 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Article says he went to Westmont in the NAIA, where a guy his size should dominate. Just shows you don't have to go to a D1 or even a D2 college to make an NBL roster.

Reply #546477 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Sam Jones still on their list as DP

Reply #546478 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

Yes ^

Reply #546509 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Seems like a good signing for a DP.

From what I understand, NAIA is similar standard to NCAA D2, so his numbers (particularly shooting percentages) look very good. To make an All American team is encouraging too.

Reply #546540 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NAIA is a step below D2 generally speaking.

Is is unusual for pros to come out of NAIA. NAIA guys come back here and play local league.

Carlin is good though.

Reply #546542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree, also D2 is like D1 in that conferences are very different in their level and standard too.

Reply #546553 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Scottie Pippen played in the NAIA.

Reply #546565 | Report this post

Cram  
Years ago

Rodman played NAIA as well. Looking up some lists there's been heaps of guys that have made the nba out of NAIA.

I'm sure, like NCAA D1 and D2 the standard varies from conference to conference and program to program (a lot of good aussie pros have come out of Metro State) but it certainly doesnt seem to far off D2

Reply #546570 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Good luck to Daniel, a great opportunity...

Reply #546572 | Report this post

Sixers Fan  
Years ago

Sam Johns and Daniel Carln can both become valuable NBL players if given the opportunity. With the 36ers not being a huge spending club like Melbourne or Perth they should look to implement these 2 regularly in games. Personally I think Johns is better than Sobey.

Reply #546623 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Devean George played about 10 years in the NBA and even won championships with the Lakers yet only played Div 3 in college.

As a wise man once said "Anything is possibleeeeeeeeeee"

Reply #546636 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sixers fan, did you watch the first practice game (Johns struggled)? did you see Sobey play anywhere? see his numbers in Cairns? out of interest where have you seen him play to make such an assessment?

As a 'fan' give your 'team' an opportunity to play before making that assessment. Sobey also put up solid numbers at Wyoming (solid Div1 program) and took Corey Maynards spot at Cairns.

Where Sobey wins out is his athleticism and scoring ability. I have actually seen first hand a lot of Johns and although solid, would need to develop this further as well as being a threat offensively at the next level on a consistent basis. I actually think Johns will be a solid NBL player though!

Reply #546655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks to all of the anonymous expert adelaide fans for contributing NOTHING.

Reply #546703 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Sobey also put up solid numbers at Wyoming (solid Div1 program) and took Corey Maynards spot at Cairns."

Maynard took Sobey's spot you mean? Maynard was in the ten Sobey was 11th man with Cairns last season.

Reply #546705 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

so anon, why did Maynard not play after he was healed in the finals? because Fearne chose to go with Sobey, hence taking his spot. Nothing personal against Maynard, just stating what actually happened

Reply #546723 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:45 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754