Anonymous
Years ago

RIP Darryl 'Chocolate Thunder' Dawkins

The original backboard shattering dunker in the NBA has passed, 58 is just too young.

Lovetron will never be the same.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/08/27/legendary-sixer-backboard-shattering-dunker-darryl-dawkins-dies-at-58/

Topic #37835 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TtJawsitMsA

Reply #546644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

80's highlights, RIP

Reply #546668 | Report this post

GWB  
Years ago

Is it just me, or basketballers tend to always drop before 60 due to heart attacks? It seems pretty common..

Reply #546670 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

I am 60. Runs off to make a cardiologist appointment.

Reply #546692 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Dr Dunkenstein has left Earth and returned to the Planet Lovetron.

One of my all time favourite players.

Reply #546693 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The Chocolate-Thunder-Flying, Robinzine-Crying, Teeth-Shaking, Glass-Breaking, Rump Roasting, Bun-Toasting, Wham-Bam-Glass-Breaker-I-Am-Jam."

RIP

Reply #546747 | Report this post

Indominous-Rex  
Years ago

fstos it's because they are bigger people and most of them tend to have bigger hearts, which for some reason is more dangerous and thats why a lot of the die due to heart attacks. I forgot the exact reason but you can look it up

Reply #546758 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

The roids probably didnt help with this era off sports people either, and that goes for NBA, NFL and MLB... scary stuff. Anthony Mason, Jerome Kersey, Dawkins, Haley. As for the oversized heart condition, that was more so connected to what that Atlanta Hawk centre who passed had.

Reply #546928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Settle down guys, plenty of big athletes going on in age to 70-80+ years and enjoying a fruitful retirement, please don't be an alarmist by generalising over such things. If you don't abuse your body you can always live longer and with some luck along the way stay reasonably fit and flexible.

Reply #546992 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:44 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754