Disappointed
Years ago

Premier League Men Umpiring

Anyone at the game and care to analyse the umpiring tonight. I have my thoughts but want to get other perspectives.

Topic #37842 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Felt really sorry for Sturt, the umpiring was what cost them the game. If the umpiring hadn't been so biased and one sided and if Sturt were able to host the game at Pasadena they would have won by 30 at least.
NOT!!!!
For all the talk about how their juniors were the lifeblood of the team, without their import it would have been a blowout. He was outstanding and if Holmes hadn't dominated with 20 something rebounds he deserved the most valuable player in a losing side.
It was only in the 3rd when Norwood picked up the defence that won them the game, the umpiring wasn't great but can't be used as an excuse, the better team won on the night. It was worthy of a grand final, sturt supporters please lose with some dignity, to come runners up was a great achievement, don't use the umpiring as an excuse.

Reply #546870 | Report this post

Disappointed  
Years ago

Whoa. That was vicious. Just wanted to hear general thoughts on the games umpiring to see what others think, not an attack fuelled by assumptions.
Seriously chill out.

Reply #546872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sorry, I apologise. Wanted to get in before people jump on the umpires as the only excuse for which I thought you might have been fishing..
From a non biased view Norwood were lucky in a couple of the three point plays but then sturt were pretty physical in bumping the cutters so got away with a few there.
Didn't see too many non calls with sturt, they really lived and died with their outside shot so I don't think they put the refs under too much pressure to make calls. And Holmes absolutely dominated on the boards, hit some big shots in the last quarter as well.
And i agree with a previous thread, Rigoni will be a star, for a 17 year old to play with that poise big things await.
So sorry again, the only real bad call IMO was on one of the 3 point plays, refereeing was ok.

Reply #546875 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spoken like a true ref

Reply #546911 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:48 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754