Anonymous
Years ago

Frankston Mens Coach Resigned tonight

Fallout at Frankston Basketball continued tonight with the Mens SEABL coach resigning from his role.Makes you wonder is there anybody else left that hasn't resigned or been sacked???

Topic #37856 | Report this topic

Baller6  
Years ago

What is it about this season, for real so many clubs in upheaval....

Reply #547174 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even in the NBA, it's like that. Coaches are getting sacked left and right. It's sort of a trend now, that you don't get too many chances to prove yourself. One bad move and you're gone. Even the ones with great results but without a championship are getting thrown out of organizations.

Reply #547186 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Feel sorry for him, Simon is a quality bloke

Reply #547187 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

According to all the basketball experts on here there are no good coaches in SEABL

Reply #547194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All part of the process. Blackey will coach the Seabl.

Reply #547197 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Blackey is going to be a busy man if he is going to coach all the senior teams that have had coaches walk or been removed at Frankston. It really is becoming the House of Blues at the moment.

Reply #547210 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Another quality person leaving Frankston! This is what happens to clubs when they are run by egos and nest featherers!

Reply #547214 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hope Simon gets a gig somewhere else.Good guy and with the right board and some budget to work with will do a good job.

Reply #547222 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hugh J - why don't you apply for this job? After all you have applied everywhere else without success.

The good thing for you is Frankston is already in a mess - much like what you've done to your current club.

You are the perfect fit.

Reply #547247 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He didn't want to apply for his own job.

Reply #547250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^ Shot fired bang bang

Reply #547251 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

Heard that the U/18 Mens VC coach has resigned as well. Also that he has resigned from the board.
Doesn't like the direction the club is heading.

Reply #547268 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

The U/18 Womens VC coach is also not coaching there next season.
Not happy with the VC pathway being removed, along with many others.

Reply #547270 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow

Reply #547273 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn`t the womens U18 coach the wife of the SEABL coach who left? so that was probably always a given.

Reply #547275 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

^^^
I meant to say the VC Youth League pathway.

Reply #547279 | Report this post

Get it right  
Years ago

Let's not get too excited. Neither the 18 men or women made VC. In fact if I am right, I think Frankston had only one team in VC and they finished 10th.
Maybe just say first team coaches.

Given the lack of performance at VC level maybe these changes are necessary to lift the quality of the program.

Reply #547284 | Report this post

SF6  
Years ago

yeah right, with all the other quality coaches they have down there. lol

Reply #547286 | Report this post

Rodrigo Sanchez  
Years ago

With the lack of talent and last years recruiting efforts. Injuries and most of last years starting line up leaving for The Rangers or Sabres I think the coaching staff did amazing things with what they had. This Simon fella did good stuff and its the blues loss.

Reply #547317 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Frankston's loss - somebodies gain. The coach did a great job with what he had this season. Hard worker and has vision just needs a club who is the same. Good luck Simon.

Reply #547322 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any coach that does there due diligence, wouldn't accept the position at Frankston. The only ones that will are chasing the money.Remember what you get promised and what you actually get are two different things.

Reply #547329 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It`s SEABL, never gonna have a shortage apply as a coach is going to want the opportunity to coach at that level and hopefully make a name for themselves.

As is said in so many other posts, the leagues and oppotunities are plentiful in Victoria. For that reason clubs can make calls like Frankston have because the moment one person leaves there is a list as long as your arm of people wanting to take up the role.

Reply #547333 | Report this post

Hugh J.  
Years ago

Anon247 - Aw cumon have I upset you Princess? Can you name ANY of of the jobs I have applied for? Now here's your F----n big chance NAME them or are you just some FWIT putting shit on the forum - here's your big chance Richard Head!!!!

Reply #547360 | Report this post

Hugh J.  
Years ago

P.S. - My team is already thru to the big dance.

Reply #547362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why wouldn't want to apply for the job you already had and did well under the circumstances.

Reply #547375 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So they've replaced their men's and women's SEABL coaches. They actively did this, it was planned. "Resigning" is an interesting description.

Reply #547376 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definatley both resigned. Too much interference by people who have no idea !!
Good Luck to whoever applies. You,re going to need it .

Reply #547377 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I certainly heard that he didn't want to apply for that job. Maybe he simply resigned after not applying because he didn't want to apply for a job that he thought was his.

Reply #547378 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Both senior coaches were told the club was going out to market for their roles but were welcome to reapply.Both did the smart thing and resign.

Reply #547389 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A face saving resignation is always best.

Reply #547400 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anon 247 is Hugh j from Knox.

Reply #547403 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Who and what and why has upset Hugh J?

Such a vitriolic response from you Hugh J.

Why do people always have a crack at you - why?

And your response shows you are very angry? Why?

Would love know your views.

Reply #547407 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who is this Hugh J, Where does he come from.

Reply #547432 | Report this post

Hugh J.  
Years ago

Don't know you hide behind anon!! Not upset - laughing actually.
Yes you deserved it.
Not all people are having a crack - just 1 or 2 morons.
Not angry I'm laughing because you can't even answer your own allegations"after all you have applied everywhere else without success" Is it too difficult to name where I have applied or (as I already know) you are just bullshit artists. Fair dinkum you sleep in bunk beds with the lights on.

Reply #547438 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Reply #547442 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hughie J - awwwh come on don't be so angry.

Keep applying and don't be disillusioned. In the meantime take up fishing to help deal with your anger.

Reply #547445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm just looking at this from the outside anon but one would argue that taking the time to come onto an anonymous forum trolling is actually an act of anger. Maybe you should go fishing with his Hugh bloke too and you can solve your life issues together.

Reply #547447 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I know Hugh J. Can't tell you who he is cause people will make inappropriate comments about him.

He means well but needs better people around him to bounce off.

Good luck Hugh.

Reply #547448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How can you resign from a position you no longer have?

Reply #547452 | Report this post

Hugh J.  
Years ago

Look I have NOT applied for any jobs other than the association that I am at. Can anyone advise me as whether Anon 247 posting misleading comments on the forum - and they are false that if I was to see a solicitor they could be challenged in court of law?

Reply #547466 | Report this post

Hugh J.  
Years ago

P.S. Would 247 have to then submit the so called jobs(associations) and then have the proof of my alleged application forms - signed in my own handwriting?
And then by going to court would 247 have to show his/her face to defend their claims?

Reply #547468 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Given that your #438 comment said you weren't upset and that you were laughing, I think you would find it difficult for to convince a lawyer that you have taken his comments seriously. Add to that, you are posting effectively anonymously so how have you been slandered?

And good luck getting a court order to get the IP address on that basis.

And even if you do, good luck getting the telco to give up the details.

Don't take the forum seriously, I don't know who you are and don't care, and I think most people don't know who you are and don't care. Just keep feeding him and he will keep coming back at you.

It's actually good entertainment, keep it up.

Reply #547469 | Report this post

Hugh J.  
Years ago

Thanks 469 its obviously a load of bullshit about me applying for any other jobs otherwise 247 would have alluded to who they were.

Reply #547471 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hugh J 469 is probably on the money. However if you want to spend some money you could get a second opinion.

Reply #547473 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The right person who knows what they are doing can find the identities of everyone on here :)

Reply #547483 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Hugh J my advice is you are wasting your time both looking at legal avenue and more particularly responding to Anon(s).

Your comments and language is no better/worse than the person or people who are winding you up.

Stay away from forum if you don't like what you read. After all you are an Anon poster albeit under a different name.

Bit hypocritical to suggest you have been slandered I would think?

Reply #547486 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anon 486 Have you read this whole thread through? It is supposed to be a thread about the sacking of the Frankston mens coach being sacked? Somehow 427 decides to drag me into the thread and make false accusations about me applying and failing to get jobs at other associations!!However 427 cannot name the associations - because their isn't any. I played all my career at one club and only coached at 2 in a 48 year association with basketball.I am a loyal person and do not like the inference that I am not.Now you can make what you want of my comments but in finishing let me just say that I am extremely happy where I am, and I am extremely happy that Dom and Justin got the 12/1's - Great appointment and they "value add" to the organization.

Reply #547495 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Anon427 - I am from Frankston and I only would like to read about Frankstons supposed problems.So could I ask you maybe not to post any more vitriole on this thread and instead start your own thread about HughJ Pllleeeeaaaaassssseeeee.

Reply #547499 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:02 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754