Anonymous
Years ago

SA U18 Div 2 playing out the season and ladder position

Any word on the Boys 18div2 round 18 game that had Sturt(2) def Forestville(2) with a score 0:0? Did neither team want to show up at morphett vale at 9.45pm. Both teams make finals but it looks like a poor example for impressionable youths. Was it a notified ($25) or unnotified ($100) forfeit?

From the ladder 4th, 5th and 6th teams all finish on 9.5 wins out of 16 games (59.38% - taking in the +1/2 game draw and -1/2 game forfeit). On a head to head Eagles2 beat Eagles1 and South beat Eagles2. However Eagles1 beat South. So perhaps Eagles1 should be in finals.

District ByLaw 1.15. Positions on the Premiership Table
b) In competitions in which teams have an unequal number of byes, positions
will be determined as above, with the exception that "Premiership points"
will be replaced by “Game Ratio”, which is defined as follows:
c) Wins + (½ x Draws) - (½ x Forfeits)
d) Games Played
In addition, this formula will also be used when applying criteria a) ii) in
cases where tied teams have played an unequal number of games against
each other.
Note that the above definition of “Game Ratio” does not correspond exactly
to the “PCWon” field on SportingPulse, as “PCWon” does not take forfeits
into account.

Did someone do all their homework and realise the -1/2 game for a forfeit and that table position on Sporting Pulse IS WRONG!

Topic #37859 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville forfieted the game. Was notified late on Firday afternoon.

Reply #547312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Then me thinks that Forestville 1 should take the place of Forestville 2 in the finals.

Reply #547313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

me thinks the readers of hoops.com.au don't make these decisions, me thinks BSA do.

Try asking them if you have an issue with finals

Reply #547315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does it really matter going to replace one forestville team with another

Reply #547316 | Report this post

;(  
Years ago

Do you mind telling the kids that

Reply #547319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

me thinks the first poster hasn't applied the maths or whole bylaw correctly.ie what happens when the 3 tied teams have played each other an uneven amount of times.

Reply #547367 | Report this post

Years ago

don't think that matters - it is just the split between the even teams

Reply #547369 | Report this post

High Greenwood  
Years ago

I just can't get enough of parents obsessing over their kids.

Reply #547386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The 3 teams have equal points. I think the by-law says when uneven games between them it's according to winning % of games against each other.

Reply #547391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Happy to be schooled about the finer points of domestic competition #547367. The position on the ladder is surely important to many. The benefit of playing in finals is useful to teams and individuals. What is not plain is the interpretation of the bylaws. If someone can plainly and coherently explain why one team plays in final and two others on equal winning percentages don't it would be appreciated.

Winning percentage between teams doesn't make it clear. If team 4 and team 6 play each other twice and split the result then the outcome is that team 4 beat team 5 in their only game and then team 4 gets into final (current position).

If the result of team 4 and 6 two games is that team 6 had a greater for and against result then that would mean team 4 is excluded and it's team 5 that gets into final because team 5 beat team 6 in their only game.

It's obvious #547386 that someone does obsess over kids otherwise Forestville probably wouldn't have forfeited the game.

Reply #547411 | Report this post

Melvin corpuscle  
Years ago

I guess we'll find out once we've submitted all these theories to bsa tomorrow ....

Reply #547419 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Eagles 1 won 1 of 2 games between these clubs - 50%.
Eagles 2 won 2 of their 3 - 66.6%.
South won 1 of their 3 - 33.3%.
Best % of games won was by Eagles 2.

Reply #547506 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Many thanks for clarifying Razor.

Reply #547517 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:31 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754