Anonymous
Years ago

Seabl conference finals

On Friday night it is the mt gambier pioneers v Bendigo. On Saturday it is Albury v Geelong.

The pioneers game is being live streamed, will be of high quality as usual. Link to follow.

The pioneers going for three conference titles in a row.

Who do people think will make it to the championship game?

Topic #37863 | Report this topic

orbit  
Years ago

Braves all the way - big upset!!

Reply #547405 | Report this post

Michael  
Years ago

I hate the finals Format..Teams playing each other for the 4th time. The advantage has to go to the visiting teams this time around

Reply #547408 | Report this post

JMc  
Years ago

Expecting a tight one in Albury Wodonga but I can't go past the two favourites in the men.

I'm trying to watch a replay of the Geelong-Dandenong game on YouTube but have had no luck. Any able to get it going?

Reply #547418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dande Women and Bendigo Women.

Reply #547424 | Report this post

PJ  
Years ago

I'm going with the home teams. The noise in the Albury stadium the last two home games has been incredible. Has to be the hardest road trip in the league these days. Big ask for Geelong to head up here twice in three weeks.

I'd love to see Bendigo win but I think Mt Gambier just have too much firepower.

Both games should be close but I think the home court advantage will see the Bandits and Pioneers through.

Reply #547427 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

At this point of the season I would also love to see all games live-streamed on a quality network with some commentary. If the Big V can do it.........?

Reply #547428 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pioneer's live stream has commentary.

Reply #547443 | Report this post

SEABL Watcher  
Years ago

It wasn't that long ago that there was at least 1 live stream game every week with commentary.

Reply #547494 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Yeah, I just think it has dropped off this season, wonder why?

Reply #547498 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because BA.

Reply #547532 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What have BA done?

Reply #547534 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ba has now taken over seabl. Quinn is now BA and everything seabl is less important. When Ed was there he did most of the live coverages and that changed last season too.
Seabl is now an after though you only need to look at the seabl 'news' to see how they give sfa about that competition.

Reply #547554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

SEABL was promoted far more enthusiastically before BA took over including shows, live streaming web content etc.

Reply #547606 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has been promoted the same this year as it was last year when under seabl. Dont believe it has anything to do with BA but rather with Ed leaving. The live streaming of games is left up to individual clubs. It is expensive and I believe out of reach for most clubs.

Here is the link for the Pioneers v Bendigo game. It will have commentary. Im sure it will be streamed in the usual high quality of Pioneers games.

https://youtu.be/Ht1PO4E_xr8

Reply #547612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon^, do you really think it is a cost issue? I think it is more of a technical capacity and resource issue!

Reply #547665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i know for certain it is a cost issue for one club. I expect that it is not for all clubs but for those that it is not a cost issue more of a why do it? potential to reduce attendees and what do you get back for the outlay.the number of viewers dont increase sponsors. it is really just a benefit for the opposing teams fans and families of those playing away from home

Reply #547854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Rangers will be streaming the Eastern Women's Conference Final on Saturday night - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zE2JI5z0Co

Reply #547924 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

I have said it before, and will probably say it many times again, live streaming does not have to be expensive. It does however require effort and knowledge. (and the effort to get the knowledge). The Pioneer's crew does a great job for their stream. They are professionals with pro equiment and quality expectations. But you can still produce a good quality product with Consumer grade cameras etc.

Reply #547969 | Report this post

FalconsTV  
Years ago

#854 After 3 years of streaming every home game I can assure you that Live Streaming does not reduce the stadium audience. In fact quite the opposite!

Reply #547972 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:22 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754