GriffDogs
Years ago

Div 6 sa district finals

Good luck to the Unisa div 6 team tonight.
As the Adelaide Uni side managed to scam their way into the finals. Top two scorers only played 7 games during the season and scammed BSA into believing early season forfeits count towards games. Doesn't work when your the team who forfeited. Well done Griffins way to sham up a low level finals series.

Topic #37920 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Div 6 shots fired!

Reply #548761 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

I get your frustration but they haven't breached the By-Laws. Setting your sights on the By-Laws would be more appropriate.

I don't believe players who join teams weeks/months after a forfeit(s) should be allowed to credit the forfeits towards their eligibility for the Major Round (i.e. if forfeits occur in the first four rounds players who join a team much later in the season should not allow the forfeits to be credited to their eligibility).

Still what I think is irrelevant, the By-Laws allow it until such time they are changed.

Good luck to the remaining teams in the finals, being a former UniSA boy myself I'm hoping they win it all.

Reply #548765 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

Were the two players on the team sheets of the forfeits? Wait, its a forfeit so no team sheet. That is an awesome loophole!

Reply #548789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

b) A bye does not count towards the total number of games that a team has
played. A forfeit does count towards the total number of games that a
Basketball SA District By-Laws 10
team has played, and also counts towards the number of games that
every player has played. This includes games forfeited by either one's
own team or one’s opponent.

Reply #548803 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP big time sook! Seems like they played by the rules.

Reply #548821 | Report this post

BigAds  
Years ago

Yep it's a pretty good loophole if it works to your advantage.

Lesson for all....know the By-Laws and use to your benefit at every turn.

Reply #548823 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

Er it was there at the start of this and many previous seasons. Don't make much sense to complain now.

Reply #548826 | Report this post

Uncle Phil  
Years ago

While this move is currently legal, its still a pretty unsportsmanlike move by the griffins. Can understand the frustration of the original poster, especially if they played for the south team that got beaten by adelaide uni last week as having played in div 6 for another team, that south team was far superior over the course of the season to the griffins. Rule clearly needs to be changed though. Also should be top 6 rather top 4. Top 4 out of 13 teams is pretty ridiculous.

Reply #548842 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:22 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754