Anonymous
Years ago

Bad Coach/Parent

Hi I was wondering how other associations cope with a bad parent/domestic and rep coach. My son witnessed this coach threaten a referee quite aggressively.Threatening to " finish him and do not come back here" The referee left the court not returning. My son is only 14 years old thinking about being a trainee ref. I find this attitude of a Rep ball coach quite disturbing. As the club has taken no action i am inclined to say NO to my son. My question is does this happen in other clubs or is it a one off!!!

Topic #37921 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is not a thread, it happens sometimes and he should have been reported, end of thread.

Reply #548786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dumb thread.

Reply #548818 | Report this post

razor  
Years ago

This type of attitude happens often enough to be a major deterrant to referee retention and recruitment. Against all club and association codes of conduct and shoudln't be tolerated by club or competition.

Reply #548825 | Report this post

maxymoo  
Years ago

Did your son report him or did you report him?

Reply #549149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No, he took it to the interwebs instead...

Reply #549236 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:02 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754