Childress continuing where he left off last year. 25pts, 10Reb

Reply #548834 | Report this post

Sean  
Years ago

Te Rangi putting in work

Reply #548835 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Only going by Stats but Charles Jackson and Thornton looked average. Anybody actually watch the game ?

Reply #548836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep I was at the game. Charles Jackson really struggled tonight..fouled out in the end. Seemed like he cldnt get into the flow of the game...may take a few games. Thornton was ok...nothing flash but first game too. Childress was the best player out there tonight followed by Te Rangi really. Abercrombie didn't suit up..hamstring strain.

Reply #548840 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add Abercrombie, Webster and healthy Pledger to this team! Scary

Reply #548848 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Itd be even scarier to think pledger would ever actually be healthy within its self! Childress going to be hard to beat for mvp

Reply #548856 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

It's hard to imagine any player stopping Childress this season and I think it will take solid team defense... He's absolutely outstanding

Reply #548915 | Report this post

chris  
Years ago

Childress was outstanding last night following on from my post last night...I was at the game. I am a Breakers fan so I am glad we won but at the same time glad I got to see Childress play live. He is so effortless, never forces a shot (well didnt last night anyway), is a team player...had a number of shots he could have taken but deferred to his open team mates.

Thornton and Cedric had a good battle too...I think Thornton will be solid for the Kings this year and a good pick up.

Bailey had a pretty good game off the bench for NZB which was great to see and Te Rangi looked really good.

Childress had a monster dunk on Charles Jackson too...out of nowhere.

I am hoping Charles Jackson settles into his role. Showed glimpses of being really athletic, rebounder, etc but really struggled offensively last night...dropped a couple of passes from Cedric which certainly didnt make Cedric very happy. First game so jury still out.

Throw in Webster if we get him back and Abercrombie and the Breakers still look solid.

Reply #548918 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

As a Kings fan, am pretty ok with this first real hit out as a team, especially against the reigning champs... I think NZ having a couple of players out (possibly having to work with not having Webster or Pledger for the season anyways is probably good practise) and the Kings really only being together properly for a week or two, would balance each other out, so I hope to see a few improvements over the last two games this week... Mainly more shots for Jules and less (bad ones) from Thornton, which can hopefully mainly be put down as first game nerves/settling in... If he continues to take that many shots at that sort of clip as the season goes on, I'm going to have to question the coaches mental state...

From what I saw as the game went on, the Kings were ahead in rebounding at least at the half, so the drop off to be out rebounded in the second I wonder is conditioning or lack of effort... Probably a large Mika factor there, but they need to get better at targeting threats and taking them out of the game...

Some things to work on, obviously but didn't embarrass themselves too much, which is always nice :)

Reply #548953 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

Wookiee

I also thirst Julian played well in patches last night.......showed real range too.

Reply #548961 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

It's nice that Jules has got some good range on him, hopefully that outside shot can be consistent, but I'd really like him to be more aggressive inside and have them get the ball to him more... Not sure how many touches he got last night, but we had the same problem with AJ and not getting him the ball often enough... 9 shot attempts from someone who should be in MVP or at least All-NBL First team discussion is not enough by any means...

Looking forward to hopefully getting a vid of that dunk of Chill's on Charles Jackson, apparently it was the goods!

Reply #548969 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

THe issue being here is Sydney looking okay when Childress ISNT on the Court? Its all well and good to keep looking to him but if he gets another injury that forces him out how deep do the Kings ball?

Reply #548998 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wookiee, I agree.

I'd like to see Jules do most of his work in the low post.

That is where he is most effective

Reply #549207 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:59 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754