Anonymous
Years ago

Big V Announcement this Saturday

The Big V CEO is going on the radio on Saturday to make a "Big" announcement about the league, any ideas about what it might be? Comp structure? Midweek comp?

Topic #37926 | Report this topic

Baller6  
Years ago

No clue, couldn't be TV or streaming tho could it, id doubt it...

Reply #548874 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mid week, big mistake, can't be that surely!

Reply #548876 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Wouldn't get too excited, probs something along the line of a new sponsor or a new employee/position. Remember structural changes or anything of importance would need to go via the AGM or a special meeting with all club delegates.

Reply #548893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gee the OP wouldn't be from Big V trying to pump it up? Hopefully they will announce the disintegration of the domestic teams in the competition.

Reply #548930 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn`t get to excited - If the BIG V was going to announce some major Sponsor why would they go on radio in Cranboure to do it.

They have the BIG V awards night the week after where they could actually make the announcement to the target audience.

The face of the BIG V isn`t Anderson at all.

Reply #548931 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hopefully her resignation.

Reply #548932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps a Pride round planned for 2016, thats sure to get us all pumped up now isn`t it.

Rainbow round I can see it now.

Reply #548934 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps something on a bye weekend.....

Reply #548935 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox entering the comp in SCM and SCW is my tip

Reply #548936 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's the word on the street, 3 year deal?

Reply #548937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If there is an anouncement in Casey to say that Knox is in thats quite laughable. Yep every knows they are already coming into State champ in both sides so no point someone who has nothing to do with their club announcing it.

If it is a decent Sponsorship deal then that is great. For a non for Profit league I have no idea what a big name sponsor would actually acheive though.

Guess we can all sit back with bated breathe and wait for it.

Reply #548940 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All-Star game return? Which were attended by less then a local D2 BIG V game.

Reply #548942 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Evidently its about Frankston finally paying their fees after 8 months!

Reply #548943 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm the OP, I'm involved with a Big V club and usually this forum leaks any news before it happens, so I'm testing this forums "sources"

Reply #548947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey going up to SCM. CEO is good friends with a couple of the board members at Casey and often does the community radio that is located just outside the stadium.

Reply #548950 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey moving to SCM and Knox are in as well.

Should be perfect as it will dilute the player pool further and make the standard of play so much higher!!

Reply #548951 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey going up again without winning? Wow - However I doubt that the BIG V makes an article on there website just to tell everyone about Casey going up no matter how good a mates they are.

Reply #548954 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

"For a non for Profit league I have no idea what a big name sponsor would actually acheive though."

People say the weirdest stuff. What does that even mean?

Reply #548955 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The league should be looking at consolidation at the top level rather than expansion!

Reply #548957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know first hand Casey are going into SCM as a Dandy SEABL player who I know quite well told me about the ridiculous offer put to him by Casey.

Reply #548958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cap State Champ at 12 teams and bring in challenge games at the Tournament if you want to advance.

Reply #548959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think eventually the Big V wants SCM to be conferences so they need 3 teams to go up.

Melton
Casey
Latrobe (2 GF's in a row, 1 championship)

Reply #548960 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey to State Champ

Reply #548962 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No wonder I'm hear rumour of few top players in SCM looking toget SEABL gigs as they sick of the comp, it's falling so far back it's a joke

Reply #548970 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

As an up and coming player wanting to play at the highest level you'd be crazy not to play SEABL but as a player at the end of your career the money on offer at some BigV clubs would be tempting.

Reply #548971 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Casey to SCM while there women's team Gets left behind.

Surely winning titles would be a requirement for promotion

Reply #548974 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

From a club who are looking to promote one of our youth teams the Big V has not had any competition meetings yet, written submissions have not been submitted nor has any of the interviews with clubs that is all part of the process happened. All of the this team is playing here etc is all complete rubbish at the moment.

Reply #548975 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McKinnon went into SCM and SCM without ever winning a div 1 title.

Mind you McKinnon for some reason get whatever they want from both the BIG V and BV.

Maybe Casey have followed their lead and done some brown nosing in at BV.

Reply #548976 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The above post is possibly the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

MCK have won titles, not D1M granted but other senior Men comps and most importantly YL.

The Mckinnon team that went up to SCM from D1m was filled with McKinnon jnrs.

What Casey Jnrs will be in the SCM team cos there aint none in the D1M

McKinnon a class act on and off the court.

Reply #548979 | Report this post

Tex  
Years ago

I know a number of SEABL players from Frankston, Sandy as well as Dandenong have been contacted by Casey about playing SCM

Reply #548980 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Did McKinnon also brown nose to get their awards with the VJBL and Basketball Victoria? What a ridiculous comment.

Reply #548982 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox, Casey and Latrobe will make SCM 16 teams, 2 conferences of 8 like the league have wanted.
This wont be the announcement though as structure changes need to be ok'd at the AGM.

Reply #548983 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well, isn't this thread full of intellectually imept posts?

Reply #548988 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

^ no way to determine that. Most of them are able to be read and interpreted so probably... no, its not.

Reply #548989 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ # 548988 yes and the most 'imept' post would be yours.

Reply #548991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why bag McKinnon? They work hard and did not buy their way to the top.

If you want to buy your way to SCM then that's ok but don't knock clubs that put the hard yards in and got things happening.

Reply #548995 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McKinnon didn't buy their way to the top?

They paid two imports and had and ex-NBL player this past season. And before that they paid 1 import and had 2 ex-NBL players.

You take those guys our and you have a mid level Div 1 team at best. Sorry Anon, but they have bought their way into State Champ.

Reply #549013 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Structure changes do not need to be ok'd at the AGM. The structure is presented at the AGM but the clubs don't get to pass or fail the structure. Check the rules.

Reply #549018 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"979" lol what a funny person you are.

McKinnon won one men's title back in 2009 under Bob Mann/Shawn King and won a Youth League title under Marcus Timmons who they removed immediately after winning those titles.

That's it.

What div 1 titles have they won? None

What titles did they win on the women's side to go to SCW? none, just poached a bunch of players from Waverley.

What kids got legitimate court time at McKinnon this year? None! Riding a couple of kids on the end of your bench doesn't count. Filled with kids???? what a silly claim that is.

I know two people who worked at BV who both claim that working at BV and VJBL was like working at McKinnon's front office.

Favours for some and not the others. BV and BIG V are like the CFMEU - favours for their boys and no legitimate promotion or relegation system.

Reply #549031 | Report this post

HO  
Years ago

Agreed, the CFMEU needs a promotion and relegation system.

Reply #549033 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Um that's 2 titles, compared to how many at Casey????

Casey are cashed up and spending.

Reply #549040 | Report this post

T. rex  
Years ago

C.U.Bs

Reply #549041 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

'Pigs Aaarse'

Reply #549043 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^ does that mean Cashed Up Bogans?

Reply #549046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon you are correct that Big V can make structure changes then present at the AGM, but would they publicly announce something thats yet to be confirmed?

Reply #549055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lol what a fizzer BIG V CEO phone off and they can't contact her. Such a huge announcement she couldn't be stuffed answering her phone.

Reply #549366 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I hope the announcement is that loser julie anderson is stepping down after an epic fail. How fucking shit basketball is in this country.

Reply #549375 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

What an absolute joke!

Reply #549377 | Report this post

Jason Genova  
Years ago

lmao

Reply #549392 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So was there an announcement?

Reply #549393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is extremely poor form, clearly the CEO doesn't give 2 shits about the league!

Disgraceful

Reply #549394 | Report this post

Full of it  
Years ago

CEO needs to go. The Big V is in Shambles.

Reply #549398 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Full of it, amuse me your take on why the Big V is a "shambles".

Reply #549402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Teams like Frankston pulling out of Vyc???

Reply #549403 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No referees

Was once a country league now is just glorified MMBL

CEO has not even been to about 80% of the venues that host games, only seen about a handful of games in 2 years

Reply #549404 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, was there an announcement or not?

Reply #549406 | Report this post

Rule Breaker  
Years ago

RESCHEDULE: Big V Announcement on The Home Stretch

It is with sincere apologies that Big V CEO Julie Anderson has had to postpone the leagues announcement and will be rescheduling the release of this news by a week.

Please find details regarding the rescheduled announcement plans.

The Big V have an announcement planned which will be aired LIVE on Casey Radio thanks to The Home Stretch.

With Big V CEO Julie Anderson scheduled to be on the program next weekend, Anderson plans on wowing the Big V community with an announcement that might create some excitement around the Big V circles.

WHAT: Big V Announcement

WHO: CEO Julie Anderson on Darren Smith's 'The Home Stretch'

WHEN: Saturday 19th September 2015, TIME TBA

HOW TO LISTEN: Casey Radio 97.7FM (Community Organisation), or online here.

Reply #549408 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should never get a woman in the top job. Pathetic

Reply #549432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Job was done by a women before and was run fine.

Reply #549454 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:06 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754