Assistant Coach

Brett Lewis

Manager

Paul Beinke

Topic #37933 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Congrats to all selected.

But how come so many people who have never coached div 1 are getting spots I. The program?

Surely with 80 or so div 1 coaches there are enough to cover it without a bunch of Sturt div2 coaches being involved?

I thought BSA was trying to get the Sturt coaches out of state to stop all the poaching.

Reply #549133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some really good choices here!

Reply #549135 | Report this post

Annonz  
Years ago

Congrats to all coaches selected. Good to see some young coaches getting involved.

Not sure what #133 is on about, off the top of my head I count at least 8 coaches that have or are coaching div 1 teams, plus on top of that there are a few that have been assistant div 1 coaches.

Reply #549138 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

133, get off the high horse. Most of those named in the Head, Assistant and Development jobs are or have been Div 1 coaches.

The apprentice coaches are exactly that, so chill out.

Reply #549139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree with comments about 133 chilling out. How many of the 80 or Div 1 coaches applied!!?

Can't be considered if you don't apply!

Reply #549141 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mate- If your Clubs program is strong and well run no-one would want or need to leave?

Reply #549161 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If many div 1 coaches are not applying, then the question is why not?

And why so many Sturt coaches when we all know that they poach and we have been told BSA was going to get them out of the state program to even things up!

Reply #549165 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Why would you not take coaches from one of the most successful clubs...Do you expect the State to not have anyone from the club that has won the Championship Junior Club so many times. That would be a ridiculous notion. Really do we have to keep this up.. Dean has now moved on as well to try and help lift another clubs position and give to the South so no longer from Sturt. Move on people and many don't apply that would be more than capable because they have other commitments. This is not AFL and the money is not there and people have a life and families.

Reply #549166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cause the whole reason of getting someone new running the program was to get rid of all the Sturt coaches to stop the poaching so that we get greater parity.

We are just gonna get the same old poaching so Sturt can dominate. Time to let other clubs have their day in the sun and see how Sturt like it.

Reply #549178 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Out of the almost 30 coaches I count 9 names from the one club, dispersed across apprentice, assistant and head coach roles. Hardly a coup for one of the most successful, largest clubs in South Australia. There are a lot of coaches from multiple clubs in the fray.

I also notice that most of the age groups have a spread of coaches from various clubs involved.

I have an idea, why don't they just appoint the best coaches that apply regardless of what club they are from? Isn’t that what these elite, budding young athletes deserve?

Reply #549186 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

greatest movement in juniors last season was out of Woodville and in to Rockets. Sturt Premier League team had all bar 2 players that were Sturt Juniors. Have you considered that players are the ones that instigate movement as well. How about clubs just get better at what they do and draw players to their club instead of trying to put a hand on the head of the successful clubs. Look to what they do to see what you can do to improve. Those moving in to clubs is small in comparison to those that started at the clubs. Stop whinging and get doing.

Reply #549194 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Country positions???

Reply #549199 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A lot of the Sturt coaches named are at the apprentice positions - and the only really good one from Sturt is Paul Rigoni. I would guess that if others applied for the apprentice positions from other clubs they would get it.
What I can't believe is that David Spear hasn't been reappointed. Very suprising!

Reply #549234 | Report this post

rheabea 51  
Years ago

I wonder if some kids will move clubs now to maximise their chances. Always find it interesting when kids have done 3 or 4 clubs in their junior career.

Reply #549235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Andrew has been an assistant for a long time, deserves his chance now. Tough gig being in Adelaide first up, good luck to him.

Reply #549237 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly what has he done to "deserve his chance"? And why this age group? The incumbent has done nothing wrong, he certainly has the best results of the 4 SA boys teams the last 3 years (county and metro). I was hoping the politics was a thing of the past with a new state head coach, guess not.

Reply #549251 | Report this post

Settle  
Years ago

So having kids quit your state team, then quitting on your club team and having multiple of those kids leave for other clubs, and missing numerous trainings is nothing wrong???

7th place isn't anything to write home about either.

Reply #549257 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They came 6th. And The last 2 years Spear has improved on the results from the 16s coach, yet there's no noise about him keeping his job?

Reply #549281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks like there just was.

Reply #549311 | Report this post

?  
Years ago

to exclude a coach on their club basis is straight out prejudice - it should get down to their talent and the groups needs.

These people are representing their state not their club.

Reply #549319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To posters 235 and 251 before bagging new appointments, have you actually checked if Dave Spears applied for the job again???

Reply #549448 | Report this post

chewie  
Years ago

Congrats to those that have been appointed.

Anyone know the roles on some of these teams?
Example being U16 girls have
1 assistant
1 development
2 apprentices

Whats the differentiator with these roles?

Reply #549500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apprentice coaches are there to experience the whole State thing and learn about how high performance stuff works. Usually young people with an interest in State coaching but who don't yet have the coaching experience.

Reply #549516 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Settle, (or is that you Andrew??) I think you may need to step back when using the glue pot sunshine. Firstly, those kids left after the coach decided to finish coaching at the club and not before he left. And the one kid that left the state program was complaining about court time in a trial game as well as complaining he wasn't getting enough shots! I think the coach made the right call there too. As for missing sessions, well that is just laughable. Perhaps get your facts right first champ.

Reply #549756 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

It's not Andrew.

Reply #549792 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:08 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754