Anonymous
Years ago

Glenunga 10A's

I've seen posts about the Glenunga 10 A's saying they are a team to beat. Who has beaten them? Are they very good? Do they have many notable players? We are playing them soon apprantly.

Topic #3794 | Report this topic

hazzster  
Years ago

They are crap, Mercedes drew with them without thier three best players

Reply #44319 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who were Mercedes three players that were out?

Reply #44321 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

Glenunga did draw to Mercedes but glenunga also had 2 excellent players out.

Reply #44322 | Report this post

Slappa  
Years ago

Errr.. I got told Glenunga had two of their big men out?

Reply #44323 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

they did and they got killed on the boards

Reply #44326 | Report this post

Slappa  
Years ago

Do you play for Glenunga? Who was out?

Reply #44327 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

i go to glenunga but i dont play for them

Reply #44329 | Report this post

Slappa  
Years ago

Do they have any standouts are they just a good all round team?

Reply #44334 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ive never heard of glenunga having a succesful team, have any good players ever come out of there?

Reply #44335 | Report this post

Slappa  
Years ago

Hmm neither have I but this year they are matching it with the likes of Mercedes and I got told they beat unles last year with 5 players. Bryce from unley wasnt playing though.

Reply #44338 | Report this post

James  
Years ago

i remember last year glenunga had 4 players in the last quarter against unley and won by a point 55 to 56

Reply #44369 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Hi.

That was a good game that, We all played well, I play for Glenunga, we might not have the best of players(1 Div 1 and 3 div 3s or something) but we work well as a team and can top almost any team on our day. I appreciate your feedback on this, it's scary not knowing who you people are yet knowing so much about our team and who we played and yeah.

Nick

Reply #44377 | Report this post

Kris  
Years ago

Hi.

i also play for glenunga and nick has pretty much summarized our team. we have one div 1 and three div 3's in yr ten, the rest of our team r yr 9s having one div 2 and two div 3's. Our team doesnt really have any star players, were pretty much a alround team. we have had 7 wins and 1 draw so far but we still have unley last game.

Kris

Reply #44379 | Report this post

Tom  
Years ago

i was told that glenunga dont even have any school training sessions. is it true?

Reply #44380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

does it matter..........lot's of schools don't train

Reply #44456 | Report this post

harry einarson  
Years ago

well by playing them and drawing with them (mercedes) we had keegan out (state) tom gaynor (first year div 1) and myself a div 2. with all those people out they still managed to draw with them without a single person on the bench, to me it seems that glenunga wont go very far

Reply #44473 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

what are their opens like?

Reply #44527 | Report this post

harry einarson  
Years ago

their pretty good, but not one of the top teams

Reply #44538 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

who they have?

Reply #44539 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

but glenunga have won 7 and drew 1 so they couldnt of made it this far without some sort of skill. i understand that mercedes had 3 excellent players out but glenunga also had no Centre or back up power forward when they played them.

Reply #44565 | Report this post

HARRY E  
Years ago

they are average....two average players doesnt make up for 3 outstanding

Reply #44700 | Report this post

kris  
Years ago

we will c if we play again

Reply #44706 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I play for unley, last year we apparantley lost to them, i don't remember. We have three players this year who are starting and didn't play school ball last year. Even if we did lose we are a much better team this year.

Reply #44713 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

glenunga are a joke, nothing compared to unly, shc so forth

Reply #44731 | Report this post

a boy  
Years ago

u guys r all jokes, i nmy opinion the team to beat in year 10 is Trinity. They r unbeaten.

Reply #44772 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

being in opens at another school and having seen the trinity ten a's play, i wasnt that impressed..

Reply #44782 | Report this post

harry einarson  
Years ago

i'm sick of all this trinity talk shit, seriously their good, but not that good to beat some of the top teams

Reply #44849 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

who have trinity got this year that they didnt have last year?

Reply #44857 | Report this post

boori  
Years ago

trinity can suck a fat one, who u got?

Reply #44859 | Report this post

shaun  
Years ago

i saw glenunga play today and ive never seen a bigger bunch of arrogant dickheads. they played a team that was so sub-standard to them and yet they still think they are top shit after the win. I was pleased when most of them stayed to play opens and we could bring them back down to earth.

Reply #44944 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

harry if trinity are not good enough to win then how come they are playing in the grandfinal in a few weeks for a school basketball carnival that was played weeks ago

Reply #44956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glenunga is an interesting school to have been brought up. Do they have much of a basketball history? have any recognisable players ever been there?

Reply #44985 | Report this post

harry  
Years ago

i'll tell you why their in the final, is because only a couple of decent teams entered and glenunga beat all the easy ones to get to the final

Reply #45007 | Report this post

Years ago

glenunga hav never been gud at basket ball

Reply #45452 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

well this year they seem to be matching it to the likes of mercedes and unley. They still havnt been beaten yet with 9 wins and 1 draw

Reply #45605 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they drew with mercedes, without their 3 star players, it clearly shows that they cant match the really good teams

Reply #45620 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

Glenunga also had 2 starters out, they played with no height. They were missing their C and PF. Mercedes still had their star player (nathan).

Reply #45774 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

nathan is the pg, it has nothing to do with them losing their 2 big men, and that is only 2 star players, when glenunga had a good pg aswell

Reply #45900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glenunga Don't have a good point guard do they?

Reply #45926 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

glenunga have an all round team from C to PG at full strength. They beat blackfries today 86 to 31, glenunga had only 5 players for the whole game. They r in good form for there first knockout game on friday.

Reply #45951 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

that is not a very good score considering glenungu are suppose to be a top team thats crap they only won by 50 a team i kno ofwon by 90+ against black friars it wasnt sacred heart unley or st michaels , it was trinity

Reply #45954 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

Glenunga had 5 players and they mucket around in the first half. In the second they scord 64 pts when they put in a bit of effort. Trinity rnt as good as last year so glenunga wont have to worry about them

Reply #45956 | Report this post

panther lover  
Years ago

james, if u think that u dont have to worry about trinity your wrong mate. They beat my blacks by 90 or so points. So if u only beat our 10 A's team by 50, and considering that we r one of the crapest teams in year 10. Something is wrong with u. U guys should have beaten bvlack by more. We only have 2 players who play under 18 div 2 and one that playss under 16 div 2. Although trinity wouldnt have beaten us by about 90 in that first game of the season if we had our to under 18 players playin. They would have beaten us by 60.

Reply #46011 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

C blacks didnt have a full team when they played trinity. Trinity would still have won but not as much, as he said 60pts. When glenunga played them, blacks had a full team and glenunga had 5 players for the game and they still managed to win by 50. Glenunga havnt played at full strength for a while and when they do not much teams will be able to stop them.

Reply #46036 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

there will be several teams that will stop you. unless they play on your court. wtf is with that!! the worst courts ive ever played on. maybe your school should invest in a broom and give it a sweep.

Reply #46043 | Report this post

dub zero  
Years ago

ooooh invest in a broom you got told

Reply #46052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and some referees

Reply #46055 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

Haha, That is so true.

But tell our sports coordinators that, we have no say in it we have average refs on a good day and a terrible floor. Why do you guys have to talk crap about our team itself though?

Reply #46067 | Report this post

james  
Years ago

Glenunga have won the first two knockout games.
How did other teams go?

Reply #46832 | Report this post

mike  
Years ago

Have u got the new courts yet? lol

Reply #47059 | Report this post

Nick  
Years ago

No, our school is way too pov for new court... We are getting new class rooms instead.... yay

Reply #47166 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Glenunga a descent team????????? Unley beat them on saturday by 30, without one of their starters (out for 6 - 8 weeks with a broken wrist) They were so arrogant on saturday and talking sh*t even tho they were down by 30. Not the making of a K/O contender

Reply #47831 | Report this post

rocky  
Years ago

hi guys
i go to pedare and i may not have played Glenunga but i can tell you that Trinity are the best team in the yr10 comp. Trinity beat us by 50 and they didnt play a gr8 game. so glenunga will get smashed in ko if they come up against Trinity. but u might want to watch out for us as well.

Reply #47854 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

pedare are trash, they have no-one and trinity are over rated and wont go far

Reply #48336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

trinity hava manchild on their 10a's team

Reply #48894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

and who would that be

Reply #48904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Talk about unleys shit refs, if i can remember right i think the foul count was 23 fouls on us and 4 fouls on unley. 3 glenunga players got fouled out and there were 3 tech fouls on us. Next time we might not win but if were not playing at unley then things will be different.

Reply #49563 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:54 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754