red dog
Years ago

sixers trial games clash with ABL g/final

36ers organising trial games in Perth to clash with the abl grand final STINKS of a lack of respect for the ABL and local basketball which is half the problem with the sixers-not working to keep the support of those already interested in basketball!! ABL seasons have been adjusted to try and fit and now sixers screw it up. Likely result is any sixer players will head to NZ off season as Jake and dusty did this season. Smyth saying that he did not know there would be a clash is bullshit and indicates that he did not know or knew and did not care. Ignorance or apathy.
The only respectable course which is now available is to make any sixer players available to ABL grandfinal as after all neither player is a starter in sixers and other nbl inter-club trials in the last week have all been missing starters for various reasons.

Topic #3795 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree 100%, would have thought after ugly situation of 2002 (?) there would be no clashes ever again.
Grand final day was eventually changed to Sunday after unbelievable amount of screwing around by BASA, clubs and Sixers and involved 4 or 5 of the Sturt guys flying back to Adelaide after playing Friday and Saturday nights in Melbourne against Tigers.
And your right, buck passing by those at the top is total crap!

Reply #44222 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This is funny!!!:)

Reply #44223 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

By my calculations it gets even better for Oscar, as the Boomers are involved in a four-nation tournament in Sydney at the same time.

But with some simple logistics and planning, I've gotten Oscar down to play 3 games in 3 states in 3 different time zones in 1 day:

1) Suits up for Boomers mid- afternoon, say 2pm, Sydney time.

2) Catches Basketball Australia-chartered jet to Adelaide, plays in ABL GF for Sturt at about 6pm, Adelaide time.

3) Catches jet to Perth for late tip-off to Sixers match, say 9 or 9.30 Perth time.

Easy. We just need administrators to do the right thing and schedule games appropriately ... but based on their current scheduling form that could be wishful thinking.

Reply #44234 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

ROFL..

Seriously the Sixers should be looking to work aroung the ABL a little - especially at this time of the year.

How long has the date for the Finals being set?!

I guess now it will be a case of play the trial game or maybe lose your spot??

Reply #44237 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

i think you will find there is no need for oscar to be in 3 states at once because boomers have players coming in for the series in oz and he will not be required. Jake will be missing the trial games against wildcats as i expect he will be in boomer action as he started in most games in japan and china. sturt have to get over a motivated woodville first .... as sturt guys may have a psychological problem- did they play their grandfinal against eastern??

Reply #44238 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Flatshot,

I won't tolerate reality getting in the way of my implausible scenarios.

In fact, I'm trying to get Oscar a one-off guest appearance in a lunchtime game in NZ that day to get him four games in four timezones across two countries, and I'm not going to let the likes of you stop me.

Reply #44241 | Report this post

flatshot  
Years ago

apologies for trying to bring reality into your world. Just to compensate for disturbing your reality i can say that there is an unconfirmed report that oscar also has an invitation to a family bbq, a guest appearance at 3 suburban shopping centers, has committed to opening a school fair, has an 8 ball competition organised and his manager had tentatively accepted a modelling shoot to be held in conjunction with the Tauwitcherie wet T shirt comp.
Reesy on the other hand has a garage sale on, is guest speaking at the australian dairy federation conference, has a modelling shoot for akubra and was opening the compass cowriding cup as well as planning to be part of the ABL grandfinal. When he heard about the trial games in Perth Rees is reported to have said "But what about me garage sale !!**##$$$!"

Reply #44252 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:31 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754