Anonymous
Years ago

NBL partners with another sponsor - CHAMPION

nbl.com.au

Great stuff

Topic #37950 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Perhaps a silly question but surely the NBL gets funds from all Sponsors right?

Reply #549378 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

yeah are they just supplying the sock or is there also a payment involved by Champion. It was announced as a 'partnership' not a sponsorship.

Reply #549381 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If you scroll down to the bottom of the page here: http://www.nbl.com.au It says "Major partners" and "Supply partners", does that mean that the NBL receives funds from all of these partners?

Reply #549382 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I suspect that makes them a supply partner, and I doubt they'd be contributing any money. Also lol it seems odd to have a "socks" partner, i'm surprised this doesn't conflict with ISC

Reply #549383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So does this mean Larry Kestleman is contributing funds solely on his own?
(Surely this can't be a good thing)

Reply #549385 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Chemist Warehouse is probably paying some money to the NBL. That's probably the only paying sponsor so far, but who knows, there are supposed to be some more "household names" to be announced over the next 2-3 weeks.

Reply #549386 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Let's hope so

Reply #549387 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

They would be all paying some sort of money!

Reply #549388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benno, why would you say that? Perhaps they are just partners/suppliers to the NBL?

Reply #549390 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm not going to pretend to have inside information, but we already know the NBL is paying some of the broadcast costs so it could be said Fox really aren't paying the NBL a dime. Even if they were, the shared costs would probably be more anyway.

I'd suspect the NBL would just be lucky to get the supplied gear by ISC, Wilson, Champion and the other two companies for free.

Reply #549396 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I just wonder how sustainable these efforts will be. Kestleman may need to dig a bit deeper in the pocket to make this dream a reality.

Reply #549399 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

I dont know about these arrangements but I doubt the NBL would offer promotion for no financial return at all, if you let your asking price drop too low it can be very hard to get it back up, and most of this agreements aren't exactly for essential items.

Reply #549412 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

There's nothing wrong with building relationships with large international corporations that are directly involved with sports. In fact it makes the league look a whole lot stronger to the casual observer.

Reply #549415 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I suspect that's the reason for signing these partnerships, it makes the NBL look stronger plus the players get more stuff out of it

Reply #549420 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

In others news, the application page is up for the GM position of the Brisbane Bullets on Seek.

Reply #549473 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

Seek hey? I thought they'd have more internal channels to source prospects.

Reply #549476 | Report this post

Mick  
Years ago

I think the "internal channels" of sourcing important jobs have been one of the biggest factors in the ongoing struggle of basketball in Australia...

Reply #549508 | Report this post

Peter  
Years ago

There would be a fair amount of upside for the partners. Given the participation rate for basketball in Australia, you would think it's good advertising / endorsement for nbl players to be wearing their product, particularly since their brand would be promoted on tv. Surely they would be expected and willing to pay for this and not just provide the product.
The partners could also take turns as being game day sponsors.

"partnerships" always work best when both sides are winners. It also formally brings in lots of other parties who have a vested interest in getting the nbl to succeed given their brands are associated with it which is a good thing.
Very good initiative to get as many of these partnerships in place as they can imo.
Well done LK and team as this is a good way to establish plenty of relationships with lots of potential upside.

Reply #549547 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:33 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754