Anonymous
Years ago

36ers vs COE game on Friday

I saw the ticket prices for the game this Friday Vs the COE, and frankly I find them to be a little high for a pre-season scrimmage Vs a youth team. I would think that a more reasonable sum would be $5 all the way around, so you would potentially get more in the door and make it worth your while.

I'm sure parking will be $10 on top of the $15 entry fee too.

Thoughts? or am I being a bit precious?

Topic #37966 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Being precious, parking is free if you get there early enough and know the many places to go. Club has to make some money.

Reply #549766 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

Yup, being precious... Most pre-season games I've been to over the years are around the $15 mark...

Reply #549786 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

My precious

Reply #549787 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

only problem with the pricing is no Family tickets, meaning for 2 adults and 2 kids to go it costs the same as a regular season game.

Will be interesting to see the crowd with the crows game on Friday night.

Reply #549789 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More importantly it is the biggest night in Junior Basketball in the state with Junior Grand Finals on. Could have been better timed by Sixers & Lightning. Junior Grand Finals have been on the calendar for majority of the year. Plus all national league referee's and coaches will be in Melbourne for FIBA Camp. Plus all other referees of note will be at Pasadena doing junior finals. If you are going take your own score sheet and whistle.

Reply #549791 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

It's also on at the same time as the Crows' Semi Final...

Reply #549794 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Been to a few 36ers pre-season games in the past admittedly a long time ago and entry was either free or a token amount like $5.

$15 for a pre-season game against a youth team is pretty crook, IMO.

Reply #549797 | Report this post

Wookiee  
Years ago

$15 for a pre-season game against a youth team is pretty crook, IMO.

Ah well, in that case yes, in a blowout situation that is more of a scrimmage, $15 is a bit rich... But at least up here, is usually set by the local association hosting the event...

Reply #549803 | Report this post

FYI  
Years ago

I paid $5 for a coke at a pub yesterday and people are upset about $15 to watch a pro team play ball. zzz

Reply #549812 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

will be an empty stadium, the crows are on also so most will be watching that. Id expect 500 people max at those prices.
Members should be free.

Reply #549817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

$10 adults $5 for kids $25 family would be better.

Reply #549819 | Report this post

Kobe24  
Years ago

Well thats cool, charge less and then dont wonder why we dont have the likes of DJ and Gibbo anymore I guess. Its a business, they have to generate as much $$$ as possible. If your interested to see how they are looking then maybe you will have 2 less beers and enjoy!

Reply #549821 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Speaking as a Cats member , 15 dollars is.... very cheap to see a game of Ball. The timing isnt great though.

Reply #549836 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At that sort of price they'll likely get way under 500. With the crows also playing, i think they should drop the price to $5 and kids free to get as many in as possible. Great way to introduce kids and families into the game. Not even having a family discount is ridiculous!

Alternatively, I'd hope that they've been out to schools/ local clubs to give away two for ones or something

Reply #549889 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Crows playing and Junior finals crazy night for it. $15 for that opposition is what makes it expensive.
Kobe if the players we keep is based on this game against that sub standard opposition then our problems are HUGE !

Reply #549995 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"$10 adults $5 for kids $25 family would be better."

This.

Reply #549998 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Will there be a live stream for this game?

Reply #550261 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

kenyon looking good

Reply #550321 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didnt see kenyon on box score

Reply #550357 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

So, anyone with any comments on how the Sixers played?

Reply #550411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Any feedback on the game how did they young guys from SA go with the CEO team

Reply #550504 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:01 pm, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754