DaHuzyBru
Years ago

Bartlett reportedly joining Breakers

Kiwi guard who for played for Ballarat Miners in 2015 is reportedly set to join the NZ Breakers on a short-term contract to help cover the loss of Corey Webster, according to NZhoops: https://twitter.com/NZ_hoops/status/643318570026307584

Another short-term addition alongside Bartlett is also set to be announced by the Breakers to help cover the injured Thomas Abercrombie: https://twitter.com/NZ_hoops/status/643321276778438656

Topic #37969 | Report this topic

Kobe24  
Years ago

Fairly big drop in talent but what choice did they really have. Webster could be a massive loss in scheme of it he was as good as a op end import, but being local made him so valuable.

Reply #549842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He wasn't great in SEABL this year but guess he fills a short term hole at the 2 guard, could see them running Jackson off the ball more to get him more ball later in clock

Reply #549855 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Breaker fan but I think without Webster we won't finish top 4. Can't see who would pick up the scoring.

Especialy with the offensive prowess of the likes of Melbourne (Holt, Blanchfield and Goulding - wow that's some weapon power) and Wollongong (Penney, Lisch, Ogilvy). Breakers will be getting a taste of their 2010/11 etc. medicine where they just sunk teams in a shootout/offensive power.

If they don't get Webster back they'll be banking alot on Jackson and Abercrombie - neither of which has shown offensive consistency over the last season.

Reply #549894 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Enjoy Bartlett

Reply #550127 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Bartlett is only short term injury cover for Abercrombie I believe.

I agree though Macdub, NZ will struggle without Websters offensive contribution.

Ced Jackson needs players who can space the floor around him so he can get to the hoop.

Abercrombie isn't a volume shooter and isn't aggressive enough looking or creating his shot.
TeRangi is streaky at best until he proves otherwise.
Bartlett is much the same but without the defensive upside.
Wesley & Vukona can shoot the midrange J but are much better served isolating on the block.
Shane McDonald will need to pull his weight when open otherwise it may be a long season.

I'd still rather Webster made the Pelicans squad and get some minutes to prove himself than NZ win the NBL title.

If he doesn't they have a pretty good chance of repeating as long as they can win some while he's away.

Reply #550150 | Report this post

Nathan of Perth  
Years ago

Bartlett ... man I wanted him to come good, I wish he had.

Reply #550151 | Report this post

erw  
Years ago

wer

Reply #550954 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:01 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754