RMQ
Years ago

NBL announce Telstra as tech/data partner

As per a media release just issued by the league.

Telstra is the new technology and data partner for the league.

No idea what this actually means, but more news is set to follow.

Topic #38028 | Report this topic

Slammin'08  
Years ago

Hope this means they are doing the live streaming app then.

Reply #550895 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Interestingly, Telstra has "Telstra TV".

A device like Apple TV that does streaming. Apparently there is a sports package to.

But I believe the service isn't running yet? I'm in the process of googling to find out more.

Here are some links for people interested.

https://exchange.telstra.com.au/2015/07/29/telstra-tv-coming-home-near/

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/telstra-to-tackle-apple-with-launch-of-streaming-platform/story-fna03wxu-1227460792665

http://www.telstra.com.au/aboutus/media/media-releases/Telstra%20announces%20partnership%20with%20Roku%20to%20launch%20Telstra%20TV%20streaming%20service

Reply #550907 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

LK getting it done again, this is truly a household name!

Last year I remember looking at the bottom of the NBL page where it all had was the Channel Ten logo and Spalding, it was looking very sad.

Reply #550909 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Isn't telstra the streaming platform for the afl live pass? Perhaps something similar can be done for NBL.also aren't foxtel and telstra Collaborators? Pretty sure I've seen them selling foxtel bundle deals in the telstra shop.

Reply #550938 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

new t-box channel or app?????

Reply #550959 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Interesting little potential chain of investment here.

Fox Sports (owned by News Corp and Telstra) broadcasting the NBL.

Fox Sports Pulse website (News Corp) has the contract to the NBL website.

Telstra the digital partner of the NBL (potentially even providing a streaming platform?)

Potentially even Channel Ten (partly owned by News Corp) showing an NBL match on TV.

It's not a bad thing if News Corp & Telstra through their interests are becoming seriously invested into the NBL, it gives them every reason to not provide the NBL with a shoddy product.

Reply #550993 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

Anon- yes, Telstra does the AFL Live Pass.

It's great. If NBL did similar- with similar quality to last night's Blitz- I'd be over the moon.

Reply #551010 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:56 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754