Annon
Years ago

NITP sponsorship

It is fantastic how a group of people can get so many sponsored to pay for players and coaches to get the NITP USA trip up and off the ground

Shame the CEO of BSA hadn't been able secure a sponsor for juniors since ETSA and Quznos gave it up when the Ark arrived

Might be the same KPI as new stadiums

Topic #38044 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

WTF are you on about?

Reply #551319 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

An SA NITP U16 group has picked up an impressive amount of sponsorships for it's USA tour. I'm not sure what cost the parents will incur (if any), but it appears to be negligible based on a conversation I had. Similarly, clubs routinely do great work acquiring sponsorship for U14 Nationals/Classics etc.

OP could be making a reasonable point.

Reply #551337 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes $6500 is not much at all....need to get some facts right !!!

Reply #551347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The sad fact is that this is BSA's flagship development program and they are not contributing anything!

Reply #551399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I have always found the NITP tours to the USA are for those who can afford it, not always the best players.

Reply #551402 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The fact they are in NITP would probably mean they are the best players!

Reply #551416 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yawn

Reply #551418 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not everyone in NITP can afford to go, that is the point.

Reply #551431 | Report this post

OMG  
Years ago

NITP are the best players, that's a big joke!

Reply #551437 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think people should not always look at the negatives. Big tick to BSA and David for organising an elite tour for this age group. 9 Metropolitan and 3 Country U/16's will get an experience of a lifetime that will no doubt put them in a better place come next years Nationals and beyond.

Reply #551590 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OMG. Have you got better players? Why not contact David and let him know?

OR deep down do you know your son/kid you coach is not good enough but just can't accept so bag kids that are, anonymously, on a forum instead!

Well done to the NITP program on organizing the US trip. Hopefully it grows and opens up new opportunities for SA kids.

Reply #551596 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Link from the BSA website about the tour.
http://www.basketballsa.com.au/index.php?id=62&tx_ttnews[tt_news]=1116&tx_ttnews[backPid]=1&cHash=1c69cc88c2

Reply #551684 | Report this post

jordoon  
Years ago

back to the main issue that was brought up though
HOW is it that a group of kids and their parents organise sponsorship but BSA cannot??

Reply #551731 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because BSA is hopeless, that's why. Massive staff turnovers in both Metro and Country and no marketing or PR position.

Reply #551765 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

I would have guessed that because it is in the financial interests of the parents, they would have more incentive...

Reply #551766 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:12 am, Fri 26 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754