Gnome
Years ago

NBL not on Foxtel TV guide

Have just been looking through the Foxtel TV guide on the computer and noticed that the first NBL game on the 07/10 is not there.

Is there going to be a delay in telecasting the games?

Topic #38049 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because you are looking for it at the wrong times:

NBL Adelaide v New Zealand
Thu 8 Oct 6:00am - 7:30am
255 Fox Sports 1 HD

NBL Cairns v Illawarra
Fri 9 Oct 8:30am - 10:00am
257 Fox Sports 3 HD

NBL Townsville v Melbourne
Sat 10 Oct 8:00am - 9:30am
259 Fox Sports 4 HD

All times EDT.

Twelve hour delay ftw. Hey at least it's in HD!

Reply #551404 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I suspect that's the replay times and they haven't put the actual Live games times in the program yet.

Reply #551409 | Report this post

William  
Years ago

There is no FTA at all which is a shame as I thought One would've picked it up through FOX Sports unless if something changes

Reply #551411 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If no NBL on FTA I would pay for a streaming service but won't be getting Foxtel. Been there done that never again.

Reply #551412 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

KET if you look at the evenings especially Thursday and Friday every channel has a live event so not sure where they will fit in NBL.

Reply #551414 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe the first 6 rounds of games will have some live games on the Fox Sports News channel due to some clashes with other sports

Reply #551420 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wow so live sport at the same time on FSN & FS1-5 that's six at a time local and global. Fox has come a long way.

Yet many on here won't go near Foxtel. They must be happy with watching Home & Away, Better Homes & Gardends, big sheep sporting events like the local bogan footy codes/stickball (lmao) and crappy embarrassing local advertising. Hahhaaha, their choice!

Reply #551432 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Plus ESPN, ESPN2, Eurosport & beIN Sport!

Reply #551433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And what awesome channels those are!

Reply #551439 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Most people on here would probably be AFL fans as well as basketball fans you know

Reply #551442 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm not sure I understand. I thought Fox was showing games LIVE....... that is, as they were actually being played.
Is this the case or not??

Reply #551448 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wouldn't surprise me if they don't last time on Fox they didn't even start showing games until 6-7 weeks into the season.

Reply #551449 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm sure it will be the case, relax people.

All games. Live. In High Definition.

Reply #551450 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah it's great having so much live content 5 x Fox Sports, 2 x ESPN, Eurosport, Bein and all the racing channels. Not long ago Aus was still in the stone age a couple of channels and non HD. For AFL fans there is also Fox Footy. Don't get why people on here still bag it but I guess they aren't sports fans maybe just NBL and another sport or two so don't see the worth in it. Each to their own. I'm loving it.

Reply #551451 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

I think the games will be live, just hold up a bit.

Reply #551452 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fox showing more live sport than ever before shows how much of a monopoly and toxic stranglehold they've got on sport (and other programs) in this country.

You can be a sport fan without wishing to suckle at the teat of Murdoch. But each to their own.

Reply #551455 | Report this post

Opt  
Years ago

http://www.nbl.com.au/featured-news/nbl-and-fox-sports-enter-landmark-deal/

"Live"

Don't worry yet, if you don't see game 1 tip off, then I might be worried

Reply #551457 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

"Fox showing more live sport than ever before shows how much of a monopoly and toxic stranglehold they've got on sport (and other programs) in this country.

You can be a sport fan without wishing to suckle at the teat of Murdoch. But each to their own."

Why do you even care? No matter what you do, in the end your money is going to go to some rich asswipe. At;east it is all in one place. It's not like the service is flawed.

Reply #551458 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Instead of having to go through the hassle of picking the shows/events I want to watch, Foxtel has done it for me, bundling them all together in 3 or 4 packages. It's just so damn convenient!

Why anyone would complain about it, is beyond me. Sure, it's a monopoly and an old-world business model that us Australians are forced to swallow, but Foxtel are doing all this for our benefit!

Reply #551459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

For our benefit, lol.

Thanks to now eroding anti-siphoning laws, my money went nowhere whilst watching NBL on FTA TV. Not everyone has a spare $200+$50 to watch TV 2/7 worth of tv content in crappy SD designed to make you want to "upgrade" to HD.

Foxtel or nothing is not a choice, it's the very definition of monopolisation.

If you want foxtel that's fine, but don't get all judgemental and elitist at those that can't get it or don't want to be forced to get it.

Reply #551470 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Don't get all angry at the previous poster, it's not their fault your poor!

Reply #551471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not a rich vs poor thing. It's either shills or people who know they're getting ripped off but want to convince themselves they're getting a good deal. The last 3-4 years I had Foxtel I wanted out but couldn't bring myself to do it but when I finally did wondered how I ever paid for such a rip off service for so long.

Reply #551483 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

The whole point of running a business is to provide a product to make a profit. It would be silly for Foxtel not to try to maximise profits, and an expectation that all TV should be provided for free is also silly.

On the other hand, it would be nice if there was competition, although it would devalue products and potentially force people to pick and choose which provider to go with depending on what TV content they prioritise (like with online streaming, I like content that's exclusively on Netflix and content that's exclusively on Stan but wouldn't pay for both). With that however, would be lower prices.

Reply #551505 | Report this post

Speed44  
Years ago

Just for the record, I was being sarcastic, I wouldn't touch Rupe's monopoly for $10/month.

The future is direct-to-the-client streaming. Foxtel is hanging on to this monopoly for dear life, and screwing Australia over in the process. Its last great cash-grab.

Reply #551506 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Agree, ripped off for pay tv and telecommunications due to the monopoly in Australia. THink the season is going to just more of the same after watching the blitz anyway, bells and whistles and no substance and no different on court to past years. No rule changes to change the game and same umpiring rubbish. May go to a game or two but unless live streaming then I am pretty much out now due to the scheduling and lack of service

Reply #551514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Games will definitely be LIVE thats why some games will spill on to the Fox Sports News Channel.

Reply #551520 | Report this post

Mark-e-Mark  
Years ago

"Not everyone has a spare $200+$50 to watch TV 2/7 worth of tv content in crappy SD designed to make you want to "upgrade" to HD.

Foxtel or nothing is not a choice, it's the very definition of monopolisation.

If you want foxtel that's fine, but don't get all judgemental and elitist at those that can't get it or don't want to be forced to get it."

I am curious about that. Standard definition foxtel on my 4K Ultra HD TV looks absolutely dreadful. I only really bother with the HD channels. How would you say that the SD is 'designed' to appear that way? Because I feel there is some substance to it. Standard definition FTA doesn't look nearly as bad as standard definition foxtel. I called someone that told me Ultra HD TV's are "too advanced" for Standard Def, but I thought that sounded like crock as soon as I heard it.

Reply #551527 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't know why but the NBL not being on the TV Guide concerns me. The fact I sent a tweet last night and it wasn't replied to concerns me even further. I think the Fox deal is great for the game, but I hope they cover it properly.

Reply #551609 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

All games listed for Fox Sports News in the first round!

Reply #551814 | Report this post

Nix 36  
Years ago

Still can't set NBL games to record. Leaving to country for two weeks on Friday. Really hope this gets sorted out by then.

Reply #551832 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Why can't you set them to record? I just set up Adelaide-NZ to record, no problem.

Reply #551845 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:03 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754