Hendo8888
Years ago

NBL Blitz Day 5

Final day of the Blitz.
Melbourne beat Sydney 92 - 56.

Ridiculous stat line for Majok Majok with 19 points, 21 rebounds (!!), 2 blocks, 2 assists, 1 steal, no turnovers, 8/11 shooting. Think he might find a spot in my DT after that.

22 for Holt, 16 for Goulding, 10 for Kickert.

Pretty rough game for Sydney. 13 points for Thornton (21 shots), 13 for Brandt. 13 rebounds for Khazzouh (4 points on 1/8 shooting though).

Sixers game is on now vs Illawarra. Not sure if they play Finals, or that's it?

Topic #38051 | Report this topic

Hendo8888  
Years ago

No McNeail and Ere. Looks like Hodgson has been elevated to the starting 5 for this one.
Tall line-up with Walker in for McNeail.

Penney playing this one for Illawarra. No Lisch again.

Reply #551472 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Awesome performance by Mel Ute showing the Kings no respect spanking them by 36 points. The rookie Majok dominated veteran veteran Kazzough nearly racking up a 20/20 falling short with 19pts & 21rebs.

Kings lacked energy from start to finish which should be a worry for Cotter.

Reply #551474 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Is everyone else missing sound from their stream?

Reply #551476 | Report this post

KingJames  
Years ago

Sixers look tired today also with no McNeail they don't look organised on offense.

Reply #551478 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Sydney looked absolutely terrible today. Cotter should be concerned after this weekend. The chemistry doesn't appear to be there even though JChill will help.

Reply #551479 | Report this post

PeterJohn  
Years ago

Hendo8888 - no finals.

That win by Melbourne should give them 7 points and the Loggins-Bruton Cup. No-one else was in a position to catch Cairns and Melbourne had to win all 4 quarters to pass them. They did that.

Reply #551480 | Report this post

fstos  
Years ago

Hendo. While the likes of Brad Hill and Ben Allen have proved that the Blitz is DT fools gold in the past Majok, Kay and Jeromie Hill will be in my team.

Reply #551482 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

I've put Sobey, Majok and Hodgson/Hill in my team, from the Blitz.
Kay and Hodgson have looked good too.
Hard to ignore Walker at his price, but I think with Ere in, with Petrie, Johnson, Hodgson and Creek to contend with, he's probably not going to have much of a role.

Reply #551484 | Report this post

Hendo8888  
Years ago

Bit of a laugh at the NBL website article pumping up the clash between Childress and Warrick today. Then neither of them played.
And it's not like the article was written weeks ago and it was just unlucky that they didn't play, the article was published today.

Reply #551485 | Report this post

Jick  
Years ago

That sloppiness is typical of the NBL website in general Hendo

Reply #551501 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Title is wide open this year

Reply #551510 | Report this post

Matthew  
Years ago

Im not entirely convinced the Title is wide open. That game showed you what Kings can play like without out Childress. They seem to put all their eggs into that basket.

Reply #551569 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 1:28 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754