Lanard Copeland on the NBL and more

Excellent read by Pick n Roll.

Have a look:
http://pickandroll.com.au/yesterday-today-copeland-talks-nbl-simmons/

Topic #38065 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

Great article. Interesting to read his quote about Lindsay Gaze:
"All the swear words and every word you want to hear came out of Lindsay on that Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday. Now on the Saturday, he would be the calmest, coolest, collected coach I've ever had and that gave us so much confidence because we knew he had so much confidence in us.

“I asked him about that one time. 'Lindsay how do you not get excited about it, how do you not get up and go off?’ He goes, ‘We’ve done our work in training throughout the whole week and now it’s time to enjoy the game. When you lose the enjoyment of the game then it’s time to go’."

I always thought it was Lindsay's natural temperament to be so calm and collected. In some seasons, the Tigers arguably underachieved during the Gaze-Copeland-Bradtke era, but Lindsay certainly presented an entertaining product to watch, no matter their win-loss record.

Reply #551846 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:39 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754