Anonymous
Years ago

Knox plans for 2016

Does anyone know what Knox plans next season Are they entering Senior teams and if in Big V what level or SEABL. For those here that get annoyed at any know topics please feel free to ignore this post

Topic #38068 | Report this topic

Baller6  
Years ago

Entering SCM/W in BigV.

Reply #551796 | Report this post

Nix  
Years ago

Is that confirmed? Or rumour?

Reply #551797 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

I have heard a few things nothing seems set in concrete till the application goes in. Good luck to them

Reply #551805 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

it is definately happening and if all goes well SEABL in 2017 - " HERE COME THE RAIDERS" ya can't keep a good association down.

Reply #551806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except BigV is a 3 year commitment.

Reply #551808 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

I can say 99% done deal at this stage, as with anything it could change but I'd put money on it. Should be announced very soon I would think.

Reply #551809 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bubbles to coach. You heard it here 1st ;)

Reply #551815 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Go Bubbles.

Reply #551824 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

You are all wrong.

Loan from BV stipulates Knox clear debt asap. BV have directed Knox play Big V until this happens.

Bubble on record as saying he won't coach anything below Seabl. Hence the reason he has recruited DMac.

DMac will coach men and Robbie Baldwin women. Already locked in.

Reply #551827 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

i imagine they wilt have a big bank account to pay players..not

Reply #551828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

D Mac oh dear.

Reply #551830 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

DMac is a real coup for Knox .He brings great knowledge and a fantastic profile.A top guy as well.

Reply #551849 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

At State Champ Level they wont need to pay players. Use the good players from Youth and merge with some of the older returning players.

In the womens Greeves and may to return and merge with a team that has won back to back VYCW titles. I envision they will certainly be a finals team in 2016.

Knox had to do it or they would start losing there good younger players elsewhere. The push up effect also opens up space for the next group to come into VYCW/M teams.

Reply #551868 | Report this post

Anononon  
Years ago

^ Why would Greeves go from playing SEABL/WNBL to playing SCW Big V? And just because the VYCW won back to back 2 back doesn't mean they'll be competitive at SCM. The VYCW isn't exactly the best standard and if they plan on shooting like the did in the grand final I cant see them being a winning team in SCW!

Reply #551872 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greeves wouldn`t be the only WNBL player running around in BIG V would she? There is a couple at Waverly isn`t there and she is probably on there level as far as WNBL minutes I would say.

Reply #551875 | Report this post

Baller6  
Years ago

Spoken with Dmac several times, seems like an ok guy from my limited dealings with him. It may be a slow start for Knox this season men and woman but i'd say they will get back on track within the next few years no problems, also names like Dmac will help in recruiting as well id say.

Reply #551877 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

didnt May get cut from Ballarat during season?

Reply #551880 | Report this post

nobody  
Years ago

Yup and then she wasn't given another junior coaching gig at the Raiders. So I doubt she'll be playing SCW there next season.

Reply #551881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah she did but May, Greeves and Burke are all knox through and through, i am sure they will all be back. they left because there was nothing to stay for. All still coach there I think.

Reply #551895 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

If Dmac is coaching the Mens team I wouldn't be surprised if he finds a few cheaper imports already around Australia to get them back on track.

Reply #551898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Burke? wasnt the rest of their ex SEABL team all buy ins anyway

Reply #551907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure Greeves and May are over the line at Knox. Watch this space...

Reply #551910 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Some of the players who left Knox to play VYC in other clubs are already talking about returning.

Reply #551918 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Lots of terrific people at Knox.

Unfortunately it will take 10 years for it to get back on track.

Reply #551932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

May will go to McKinnon. No chance she will be at Knox.
Greaves won't play Big V she has to play SEABL for her WNBL career. Yes there are players at Waverley but they have stacks of coin there to pay those players equal to what they would get at SEABL

Reply #551956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is NOT going to take Knox 10 years. It will be much, much sooner.

Reply #551957 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Greaves won't play Big V she has to play SEABL for her WNBL career."

Greaves is in WNBL because of niceness, Chambers and Molloy's tendency for role players combined. Hardly a WNBL career player. Not in the same league with Miyovic, Tegan or Dombkins and Ardossi (of yesteryear).

Reply #551958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Im sure Knox will do just fine. They have a good young group, if they mix that with some decent senior players they will be fine.

Reply #551963 | Report this post

Bear  
Years ago

Sleeping Giant, Knox will be fine in no time...

Reply #551966 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Knox and Casey in SCM?

Reply #552054 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has already been 4 years. 10 is a realistic number of years for them to be back to where they were.

Reply #552055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Greaves is a battler. SCW at best.

Reply #552069 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Rumour has it Knox are close on a men's import signing from SEABL - heard it's a post player

Reply #553076 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

PPPPPPOOOOOOOLLLLLKKKKKKK

Reply #553079 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why not save money and have a roster of local players?

Reply #553250 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Further up the post people saying they shouldn`t use local players, now people jump on and say they should ha ha.

Reply #553279 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I know Polk is exploring BIG V.

Reply #553283 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Polk exploring best cash offered, it's his job and his longevity is probably a longer based on injuries he played with last few years.

In big v he'd draw doubles on every play he'd be massive match up issue for everyone but Cameron.

Reply #553288 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

I think Polk would be huge in Knox, they would be getting a good big man who would easily avg 20 and 10 on a nightly bases.

If there paying him then great, stepping down from SEABL if I hear was about the same money why not.

I would leave Frankston too if the stories out of Frankston were true.

Reply #553295 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pro player it's about cash.

Knox should save penny's for SEABL in 2018

Reply #553304 | Report this post

Happy Days  
Years ago

Frankston released him and i'm hearing he signed at Knox.And no Manny Hendrix will not sign with Frankston.His girlfriend plays in the womens team.

Reply #553305 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

Only a verbal at this stage / I heard because Polk is away nothing is signed at this stage.

He would be a beast next season in the Big V

Reply #553309 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manny girlfriend at Frankston??? Either he has a few or she is at Keysborough not Frankston

Reply #553322 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

Polk has officially signed, good on him.

He will be a beast in the Big V, wonder what there other plans for players are for 2016

Reply #555188 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Manny's girlfriend to sign at Frankston.

Reply #555408 | Report this post

Jason S  
Years ago

Manny and his GF could play mixed basketball next season

Reply #555424 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are you sure it's a girl?

Reply #555427 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:38 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754