Tyrell
Years ago

Brisbane Bullets 2016/17 Roster

Hi All,

I know it's early, but let's this ball rolling.................

Topic #38085 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

I think players are more likely to leak from teams that don't make the playoffs, or in cases where they feel they deserve more minutes.

Tim Coenraad is from QLD and coming off the bench in Illawarra. I think he'll be one candidate.

Rhys Martin is starting but from QLD I think, so might come down to what he's paid at the Hawks.

Cam Tragardh is on the bench in Cairns so could be another to watch.

Crocs could face some pressure.

Goulding, Walker and Gibson are all originally from Tasmania. Not sure where their current allegiances tend to lie though.

If the NBL try to keep the number of teams even and bring in another club, there will be a lot of movement.

Reply #552123 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

I'm expecting Gibson to rejoin the Bullets

Reply #552127 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'm expecting townsville to fold ...

Reply #552128 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

Just spit balling without really taking from other squads they could roll out something like...

Maric/Nevill
Import/Anthony
B.Hill/Drimic/Jois
Dillon/McCarron
Vander Blue/Wroe

3 guard rotation with Dillon,McCarron and Blue being able to play both guard spot. Blue is the perfect combo import that can score and dish

Added Hill in at sf as he is only on United due to injuries, Couple of very quality college kids backing him up

Maric and Nevill at centre really locks down the middle obviously to to age i would have a DP learning off them

Import at the 4 someone that can reboud,score and excite crowd with some huge dunks. Benny Anthony backing him up coming back from this year off injured and hope he can get back to where he was before the injury.

Reply #552129 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gibson is as good as gone id say and with a big season will command some dough. Will be a lot of decent players trying to get their agents to organise a gig, will be some big exits as seasons end. Bullets will locate the talent and head hunt some stars!

Reply #552146 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Gibson only goes if Joey signs as coach in Brisbane. Therefore, it would be in Adelaide's (management) best interests to try and lock Joey away before the end of the season.

Reply #552152 | Report this post

Callisto 75  
Years ago

Agreed Tornado. The Sixers need to lock Joey up ASAP. Has done good things for the club and is a proven coach at NBL level.

Reply #552163 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

I believe Joey and Gibbo are locks for Brisbane, and what I'm hearing is Money will not be an issue for the first couple of seasons in Brisbane.....watch this space....

Reply #552164 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worst kept secret atleast Joey is as good as gone.

Reply #552166 | Report this post

Centipede  
Years ago

Goulding was born in tasmania but is basically a qlder. Grew up in brisbane. Hope we can make him our marquee

Reply #552168 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL money and unlimited. I call bullshit on that. If true I won't be watching.

Reply #552169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dont know about the unlimited cash not much of that going around these days, but a lot of good quality people want to get involved in that Brisbane team thats for damn sure...

Reply #552172 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

If we get 2 more teams then I'm interested to see who leaves a club to an existing club as a replacement for someone that goes to Brisbane.

For example if Coenraad goes to Brisbane then there could be a starting spot available and would be fascinated to see if Creek or Weigh for example try and get to a team that will play then 30 minutes a game instead of 20.

Reply #552179 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I recall the A-League having some similar ups and downs early on when they were going through their restructure. Queensland can't support that many teams at this level no matter which sport. Basketball is no different when it comes to sponsorship dollars, but it is different when it comes to crowds.

Townsville, Cairns and Brisbane are very different markets, they have their own supporter bases and each one should be able to compete and survive in the NBL.

Then there is Victoria, where a second team must be created after Brisbane. Once we have this ten team competition we can consolidate, if we lose a Queensland team to cater for Brisbane I think it is a bad thing.

Reply #552189 | Report this post

Wilson Sting  
Years ago

Would like to see Mick Downer given the head coaching opportunity, instead of an overpaid and over-hyped coach. At they very least he should be a shoe-in for assistant coach.

Reply #552213 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What happened to Mick Downer? He left the Taipans supposedly to coach the Hawks but then they swooped on Bevo and after that the Taipans signed Gordie McLeod to replace Downer, so where did he end up?

Reply #552259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

rumour has it nbl management are keen to sign local products and purchase 2 big named imports

Reply #553331 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:13 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754