alexkrad
Years ago

NBL Live App

This morning on the way to work I heard an add for the NBL on the radio.

What sparked my attention even further was the add said
"Watch every game live Wednesday to Sunday live on foxtel AND NBL Live app now available on the app store"

I already signed up for foxtel specifically just to watch the NBL so gonna be pretty disappointed if there is a decent live streaming app also, many others will be excited though.

I couldn't see it on the app store when I had a look however.

Topic #38098 | Report this topic

RMQ  
Years ago

It's the League's season launch this morning - possibly be announced today? fingers crossed. Sorry to hear you signed up to foxtel if that is the case.

Reply #552306 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I am seriously hoping there is still a live streaming option to be announced. Looked into the news corp subscription but unsure if that will be an effective way to watch the games? Has anyone tested?

Reply #552307 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Just searched the apple APP Store for "NBL Live". Nothing related to the NBL popped up.

Reply #552311 | Report this post

Keany  
Years ago

No all doom and gloom if you got foxtel, you can still watch College Nba and euro basketball and the nbl, that's pretty awsome if you love bball

Reply #552313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

as RMQ stated. Nothing on the app store at the moment. Wondering what will be coming

Reply #552314 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

^Will have to wait on the completion of the NBL launch today.

I say if it is not announced today then we won't be getting an online streaming service this season.

Reply #552316 | Report this post

Baller#3  
Years ago

This is a great year for Aussie basketball fans on Foxtel, seriously we are gonna watch the rise of Ben Simmons in the NCAA, the Aussies in the NBA and now the NBL. If you like watching a bit of everything then like me then Foxtel is perfect.

Reply #552321 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

It's the League's season launch this morning - possibly be announced today?
It's tonight, not this morning.

They're leaving it really late, if it is the case.

Reply #552329 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Better late than ever.

Also makes sense to leave it late (as no content on there till the first game).

Also it's a "big" ticket item that'll gain some publicity for the launch of the season. Fingers crossed it's true.

Reply #552334 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Windows Phone Store hasn't got the aforementioned app either. Hopefully it'll be for Personal Computers as well.

Reply #552335 | Report this post

Dunkin' Dan  
Years ago

Just checked the Play Store and nothing there. But while I was there I did pick up one called Basketball Flop Simulator and it's every bit like watching a Wildcats game, right down to the uniforms. Uncanny.

Reply #552339 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Better late than ever.

Also makes sense to leave it late (as no content on there till the first game).
In terms of letting people know about it so they don't have to sign up for Foxtel, though.

Reply #552350 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

U would think the number of people that would sign up to Foxtel just for NBL would be a very very small minority.

I know I'm in that minority.

Hence my earlier post about playing chicken with the NBL and when I should pull the trigger.

Reply #552352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Add me to that list. There would be a few for sure.

Reply #552361 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

2-4 hours to go until we know if there will be a way to watch NBL games without foxtel this year!

Reply #552363 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

What time is this announcement?

Reply #552365 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

I don't think anyone knows for sure that there even is an announcement, but the NBL launch started five minutes ago.

Reply #552366 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

I think NBL will stream the games on Periscope.

Reply #552368 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Periscope isn't a platform for high production telecasts. LK wouldn't allow it. It's ok for preseason.

We are going by the thought that IF there is an announcement on an App it will be made tonight

Reply #552369 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

https://www.periscope.tv/w/1YpJkXMYXgExj

It's pretty laggy here, reminds me of NBL.TV - True to the form is the NBL.

Reply #552371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Maybe the nbl live app will just be live stats and scores etc?

Reply #552375 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Channel 9 as the FTA Partner.

Reply #552377 | Report this post

RMQ  
Years ago

Yes! Called it. Great work OP!!!

Reply #552378 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

Rare. Theres a streaming option and i just got fox installed. This stuff never happens to me

Reply #552382 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Is the streaming option Foxtels???

Reply #552384 | Report this post

Dave  
Years ago

I hope so. But they are dropping an app tomorrow

Reply #552386 | Report this post

Train  
Years ago

Dammit I just signed up for Foxtel :/

Reply #552387 | Report this post

Perth Wilburs  
Years ago

Going to be so cool if this app that is like NBA TV will support Android, iPhone, and Windows Phone, plus PCs and Laptops!!!

Fantastic. From nothing 4 weeks ago, to having it all right now!!! Can't wait for more details.

Reply #552403 | Report this post

alexkrad  
Years ago

Call me Australia's Wojnarowski

Reply #552414 | Report this post

Batty  
Years ago

Is anyone else frustrated that the NBL Live app restricts the screen size on live games? I was hoping that the family could watch away games live on my tv, I used to push NBLTV through my AppleTV to watch on a big screen.

I'm really disappointed that the NBL live app won't do this, it lets you watch replays on a big screen but not live games... Probably wouldn't have paid for it if I'd know this beforehand.

It doesn't even fill the screen on my iPad.

It's a shame as it spoils the whole experience... Poor choice Fox.

Reply #561649 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:24 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754